EARLY DRAFT TALK

EARLY DRAFT TALK

Postby SWOL on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:20 pm

WE OWN MIAMI'S PICK WHICH SHOULD BE ROUGHLY IN THE 22-27 RANGE, HERE ARE SOME GUYS I CAME ACROSS THAT WAS OF SOME INTEREST,

Guillermo Diaz
NBA Position: Point Guard
College: Miami
Class: Junior
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 190

NBA Comparison: Bobby Jackson

Strengths: A converted volleyball player with phenomenal athleticism … Incredible leaping ability. Owns (roughly) a 45 inch vertical … Aggressive scorer's mentality … Very competitive player … Great outside shooter with tremendous range, a little streaky, but when he’s on watch out! … Has excellent form on his shot and is clever at creating shots for himself … Has good body strength … Great body control … Very fast running the floor and can push the ball very well … Smart player , tough mentally, doesn’t get rattled easily … Uses pump fakes well to create shots … Understands how to use screens …

Weaknesses: A tweener … Lacks great point guard skills … Can handle and pass ok, but doesn’t understand how to run a team or direct an offense … Probably a small 2 on the next level, with the ability to fill in at the PG position … Still tends to be very out of control … Must work on protecting the basketball and passing … Still learning English which as a point guard is more of a concern for teams … Can get caught up trying to shoot outside when taking strong to the basket would be the better option

Josh Boone
NBA Position: PF/C
College: Connecticut
Class: Junior
Ht: 6-10
Wt: 237

NBA Comparison: Brian Grant

Strengths: Long, explosive bigman ... Blue collar guy, does the dirty work to help his team win ... Has a great attitude, plays hard, wants to improve ... Strong defensively ... Explosive leaper, with good timing and instincts on blocked shots ... Giant wingspan gives him added size ... Fights hard for rebounds, hustles for loose balls ... Big strong hands, when he gets his hands on a rebound it's his ... Has a big, strong frame and should be able to add another 5-10 pounds without losing much mobility ... Should be able to see time at the center position in the NBA ... Runs the floor very well, excellent transition game ... Good vision and passing ability ... Scores well around the basket ... Has a nice turnaround jump hook ... Knows his limitations offensively and plays to his strengths ... Has excellent durability having missed just one game in his college career ... Quick feet, very nimble for his size ...

Weaknesses: Limited offensively ... Scores a majority of his baskets on dunks, put backs and shots around the basket ... Struggles from the free throw line ... Can get down on himself when things aren't going well, needs to become better composed ... Not a superstar prospect, his upside is limited somewhat by his offensive shortcomings ... Needs to develop better offensive post moves ... Must develop a consistent mid range jump shot ... A little rigid in his upper body, not fluid with his ball skills ...

Taj Gray
NBA Position: Power Forward
College: Oklahoma
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-8
Wt: 235

NBA Comparison: Chris Wilcox

Strengths: Very agile and explosive post player who plays with a high level of energy ... Excels in the open court with his great speed ... Excellent leaper who rebounds the ball well and has the foot speed, arm length and body control to grab rebounds that appear out of range ... Huge wingspan allows him to play bigger than his height ... Works hard and has a great attitude, very coachable ... Good body strength and appears he'll be able to pack on additional weight and strength without any problem ... Keeps it simple offensively with shots around the basket, with a lot of of put backs and ally oops ... Hustle guy, not afraid of diving on the floor or in the stands for loose balls ... Decent passer who can handle pressure and pass out of a double team ...

Weaknesses: Limited offensively, lacks great shooting skills ... His range is poor, and his shot mechanics need work ... Post skills still need improvement, but his athletic ability make him difficult to guard on the college level, he'll need to learn better fundamentals to succeed against similarly athletic players on the next level ... Free throw shooting has improved but he tends to rush his shot, and shoots the ball too far in front of him and without a clean release ... Might be closer to 6-8 than 6-9 ...
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby In The Key on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:37 pm

I really like Diaz but I think the kid would benefit from a year or two away from the NBA for now. I think he's even projected to enter in 2007.

These are guys that I've had my eye on in recent years:

C Patrick O'Bryant - Has lots of potential, already a big man with good all around skills. A huge wingspan at 7'6 makes him a terrific shot blocker. Not really soft, but should benifit on going to the weightroom and become a bigger force in the paint. Although not really raw, still needs to learn the fascets of the game. If he gains strength and athletism to go with it, he should be a great prospect.

G Ronnie Brewer - Great defender, comes up with a lot of steals. May be streaky in the NBA, but enough talent to build upon. Racks up the stats sheets. The type of player that needs the ball in his hands to be at his best. Must develop a consistent spot up jumpshot, for he is a rythm
shooter.

G Rajon Rondo - not a real point guard, a little out of control at times. if he develops an outside shot, his perimeter game will be more respected, making it easier than it already is for him to drive to the basket. Scorer mentality. My take: Another Dujuan Wagner?

Honorable Mention: Shagari Alleyene

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby extreme on Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:40 am

I think we should go for a PG
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:32 am

extreme wrote:I think we should go for a PG
I disagree I think our pg isnt our problem. We have a young one backing up with another youngin is no good. We need a young athletic freak like Hakeem Warrick.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:05 am

I personally tend to pick Diaz but I have my doubts on the defensive end. He is not bad by any means but is he good enaugh to be AT LEAST average defender? thats the question.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby High IQ on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:10 am

Danny Ainge wrote:
I disagree I think our pg isnt our problem. We have a young one backing up with another youngin is no good. We need a young athletic freak like Hakeem Warrick.

I wanted Mitch to draft Hakim :man6: :man6:
High IQ

Postby Camilo on Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:07 am

High IQ wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:

I wanted Mitch to draft Hakim :man6: :man6:
Same here bro. Dam even though we got Bynum I would have liked Hakim better. Anyway this year I wanna go for Dee Brown. Very good point guard.
Camilo

Postby Klewfish on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:37 pm

Shagari Alleyne or Josh Boone would be my choices.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator

Postby eNlight on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:44 am

maurice ager
eNlight

Postby MoneyMike on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:52 am

hey, what draft # pick is Lee Melchionni projected as? Hes a senior at Duke. good shooter, nice all around game, 6'6 205lbs.

what u guys think about him?
MoneyMike

Postby Kobe8Bryant4Life on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 am

Dee Brown or Jai Lewis
Kobe8Bryant4Life

Postby whats golden on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:35 am

we've already got a Josh Boone in Ronny

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Oneyra86 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:28 pm

I'd trade up and try to get Marcus Williams. He's projected to go 18, we should pick around 26. This kid is vastly underrated, he really knows how to run an offense and really knows how to control the game pace a lot like how Chris Paul does.
Oneyra86

Postby Warriors&Lakers on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:55 am

i dont think boone is agressive enough though i mean the games i say uconn play he didnt asert himself
Warriors&Lakers

Postby KingKobe on Mon May 01, 2006 11:17 am

At 26 or around there...

Mike Gansey
KingKobe

Return to NBA 2014 Draft