Future NBA'ers for 2006?

Postby DamonBoost on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:25 pm

d.carter4kobe wrote:I wish we can some how get Ronnie Brewer, he is the perfect fit for the tri.
Everytime I go to a game to see him play he gets like 18,8 and 8(I live in Arkansas).He is going to be a good player one day,Like Ron Harper in his prime


Yo, another Arkansas Resident/Laker fan here.. I thought I was the only one :jam2:
DamonBoost

 
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:25 am
Location: Little Rock, AR, USA

Postby quitkthanx on Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:45 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:
lakerfan32 wrote:
quitkthanx wrote:
UCLAbadfish wrote:
UsC/LaKeRs wrote:Gabriel Pruitt is a better NBA prospect than Jordan Farmar is :jam2:


thanks I needed a good laugh. :man10:

thats not to say Pruitt doesnt have a bright future in the NBA, but he isnt even close to Jordan.


Thanks - I needed a good laugh from you. I think Farmar and Pruitt have similar bright futures, but I think Pruitt's is brighter. Watch what he does these next two years now that he actually has a coach.

i'm sorry but Jordan Farmar is one of the best floor generals in the country. UCLA has one of the best backcourts in the nation in Farmar and Afflalo. Pruitt is probably the better scorer, but Jordan is by far the better PG.


Pruitt has quickness, height, and athletic tools--the prototypical slashing/shooting PG that most teams look for in this new generation. Jordan Farmar is more "old school"--very fundamental, a wizard with the ball, probably the best pure passer to enter the Pac-10 since Jason Kidd. That being said though, Farmar lacks athleticism, good defensive ability, and NBA quickness to an extent, as well as real good shooting ability. Farmar's really of the Deron Williams mold; although he was impressive especially with his passing ability, he made a lot of mistakes regarding turnovers, which is acceptable for a freshman who got thrown into the fire though. I still think that Pruitt was more impressive last year though--in such a bottom-dwelling team, he emerged and showed that he had many NBA-ready physical tools and game. Pruitt's ranked higher in mock drafts for 2007 than Farmar, although both are undisputed 1st rounders.


Thanks for the great analysis rydjorker. I agree with you 100%.
quitkthanx

 
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:27 pm
Location: San Clemente, CA

Postby UCLAeightCLAP on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:20 pm

quitkthanx wrote:
rydjorker121 wrote:
lakerfan32 wrote:
quitkthanx wrote:
UCLAbadfish wrote:
UsC/LaKeRs wrote:Gabriel Pruitt is a better NBA prospect than Jordan Farmar is :jam2:


thanks I needed a good laugh. :man10:

thats not to say Pruitt doesnt have a bright future in the NBA, but he isnt even close to Jordan.


Thanks - I needed a good laugh from you. I think Farmar and Pruitt have similar bright futures, but I think Pruitt's is brighter. Watch what he does these next two years now that he actually has a coach.

i'm sorry but Jordan Farmar is one of the best floor generals in the country. UCLA has one of the best backcourts in the nation in Farmar and Afflalo. Pruitt is probably the better scorer, but Jordan is by far the better PG.


Pruitt has quickness, height, and athletic tools--the prototypical slashing/shooting PG that most teams look for in this new generation. Jordan Farmar is more "old school"--very fundamental, a wizard with the ball, probably the best pure passer to enter the Pac-10 since Jason Kidd. That being said though, Farmar lacks athleticism, good defensive ability, and NBA quickness to an extent, as well as real good shooting ability. Farmar's really of the Deron Williams mold; although he was impressive especially with his passing ability, he made a lot of mistakes regarding turnovers, which is acceptable for a freshman who got thrown into the fire though. I still think that Pruitt was more impressive last year though--in such a bottom-dwelling team, he emerged and showed that he had many NBA-ready physical tools and game. Pruitt's ranked higher in mock drafts for 2007 than Farmar, although both are undisputed 1st rounders.


Thanks for the great analysis rydjorker. I agree with you 100%.

that sounds about right, but talk out of Westwood is that Jordan has picked up his level of play on the defensive end, and that Howland is counting on him to team with Afflalo (best on-the-ball defender for UCLA) to be the defensive stoppers.

and i think we will see a much more agressive Jordan this year on the offensive end now that Dijon is gone. Jordan shot the lights out at Taft and i believe will be expected to do so again this year at UCLA.
Last edited by UCLAeightCLAP on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
I NEED EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD ON YOUR FEET FOR AN EIGHT CLAP....
11 TIME NATIONAL CHAMPS: 1964 1965 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1975 1995
User avatar
UCLAeightCLAP

 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:01 pm
Location: Cal Poly SLO....

Postby UCLAeightCLAP on Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:20 pm

sorry, double post :freak2:
Image
Image
I NEED EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD ON YOUR FEET FOR AN EIGHT CLAP....
11 TIME NATIONAL CHAMPS: 1964 1965 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1975 1995
User avatar
UCLAeightCLAP

 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:01 pm
Location: Cal Poly SLO....

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:21 pm

Analysis of all future UCLA/ USC NBA picks:

I like Afflalo's defense, athleticism, and fairly good shooting ability--but again, it all depends on his assertiveness. If he can put up better stats in his sophomore year, he'd go into the NBA radar. He did fairly well his freshman year, so I really look for him to improve. The thing is, I see him as like a Ron Mercer type player--smooth athlete, contributing in a little bit of everything but not especially good at anything.

Josh Shipp is more scrappy and his game obviously translates more to a SF. Not much potential, but definitely can develop into a very nice college player, although his game translates to role player in the NBA. He's around 6'5"-6'6"ish and does the little things for the team; he's not especially a good shooter. Probably will become like Adrian Griffin--a scrappy defensive guy--in the league if he makes it.

Ryan Hollins has not impressed during his time in college so far, and really has fell out of the draft radar. He was once considered a 2nd rounder but not even close to it anymore. Everyone likes a 7-footer but he underachieves so badly, never really putting up the blocks/rebounds/points like he should. Michael Fey, although 7'0", 270 lbs and possessing a good shooting touch from the post, was never in the radar to begin with.

As for USC, Nick Young is the 2nd best prospect after Pruitt--probably going to leave after his junior year (2007) especially if he plays well. Smooth, lean, and lanky athlete who can attack the basket and stroke jumpshots--also a nice rebounder and decent defender. Probably in the mold of Antoine Wright/ poor man's Jerry Stackhouse, but he is certainly gifted with NBA tools.

Lodrick Stewart is on the bubble for the 2007 prospects list, and he has done decently. Strictly a three point shooter, really, so far, although he has defensive and athletic tools, just hasn't used them much. A bit undersized also, but if he can impress he'll move up the list.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Alleyhoops on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Chris Hernandez is the next John Stockton. Ring it up. THE sleeper on both lists. Mitch, you listening? -- just keep Hernandez away from Jerry Sloan.
Image
User avatar
Alleyhoops

 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 pm
Location: Culver City California

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:01 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:Chris Hernandez is the next John Stockton. Ring it up. THE sleeper on both lists. Mitch, you listening? -- just keep Hernandez away from Jerry Sloan.


Hernandez is an excellent college guard but his lack of athleticism/speed doesn't translate well in the NBA. Same could've been said about Blake Stepp, Steve Blake, and Dan Dickau, but the latter two proved that notion wrong. At best, he's a serviceable role player--at worst, out of the league.

Derek Raivio and Jeff Horner are also similar in that respect.

BTW--Updated Josh McRoberts's profile.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Camilo on Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:50 am

I know he isn't going to be in these years draft but I think O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker are going to make it to the NBA and have great careers O.J. Mayo especially .
User avatar
Camilo

 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:47 am
Location: London Ontario

Postby extreme on Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:21 am

D Nice wrote:Rudy Gay reminds me a lot of Michael Finely.

Hopefully we can land a big man next season, with Miami's pick.

Maybe we fall into a top 10 lottery pick, and can get Williams or Boone. Wouldn't surprise me if Kwame, Mihm, Kobe, or Odom goes down.

... Kobe ... ? :man3:
Image
User avatar
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium
 
Posts: 3925
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:11 am
Location: Ypres, Belgium

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Hassan Adams.
I watched Arizona's game vs. Washington, Adams there was on fire. I liked him. I checked nbadraft.net and there's he's projected as 31st pick. We could draft him in 1st round if we will have 20-25th choice. Also he's from LA and fans would love him.

Image
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:45 pm

^^^
He still lacks a good skill set for the NBA, is undersized and hasn't improved on his jumpshot. He's extremely good at creating highlight reels and getting to the basket, as well as playing good defense and rebounding, but his game translates more to a SF rather than a SG, and at 6'4"ish, he certainly can't be a SF in the NBA. He still has potential with his athleticism, but the door is closing on him because some say he has really regressed from past seasons, with little improvement. That's why he's around the 1st round bubble, but of course, if he improves, I'd show some interest. I still think we should get a pure PG or a shotblocking big man though.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:10 pm

Ryd, can you please explain to me what all of the hype around Josh Boone is? I have seen him live a couple of times and plenty more on tv, and I have absolutely no clue why he is projected as a lottery pick. As you may know, I am a huge UMass fan, and when UConn plays UMass, Boone can't even score on Rashaun Freeman, the star at UMass, who is projected as a late second round pick or undrafted in next years draft. Boone has no offensive game what so ever, and he can't do anything on guys with any strength at all. Even on the defensive side, I don't even think he is averaging two blocks a game, and he is supposed to be a defensive specialist.
Image
User avatar
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:09 pm
Location: the birthplace of basketball

Postby Okki on Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:31 pm

I'd say we pick up larry o'bannon...
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
User avatar
Okki

 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:30 pm

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:00 am

Perfect draft for me would be: Lakers 1st round selection: Hassan Adams, 2nd rounds - Dee Brown.
Both are seniors and will can show some impact already.
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby Okki on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:10 am

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Perfect draft for me would be: Lakers 1st round selection: Hassan Adams, 2nd rounds - Dee Brown.
Both are seniors and will can show some impact already.


i think dee brown will be long gone by the time we are on the clock.
''Nobody tells me how to play my guard spot''
- Kobe Bryant
User avatar
Okki

 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:30 pm

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:26 am

Okki wrote:
The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Perfect draft for me would be: Lakers 1st round selection: Hassan Adams, 2nd rounds - Dee Brown.
Both are seniors and will can show some impact already.


i think dee brown will be long gone by the time we are on the clock.


Dee Brown will be available in the late 2nd round, trust me. Teams dont like the fact he, well...can't shoot. The fact hes a winner and has heart will get him on a team somewhere, but hes not a first rounder.

If available, Id take Rajon Rondo, Daniel Gibson, Randy Foye or Guerillmo Diaz with our first pick. We already have our future big, we need to address PG. Rondo and Gibson could start next year if they picked up the offense, and Foye would be able to compete for some PT. Diaz is a little bit away, but still a solid investment.

2nd Round I like two tough big guys. First the kid from Indiana, Killingsworth (an absolute tank, would immediately help us with our toughness down low). Also, Wake Forest's Williams, hes also a very tough, aggressive inside rebounder. Add either of those guys with Bynum down the line and we have a very good front court
Image
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
User avatar
Da Veinticuatro

 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: Los Skandalouz

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:11 am

Caron1 wrote:
Okki wrote:
The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Perfect draft for me would be: Lakers 1st round selection: Hassan Adams, 2nd rounds - Dee Brown.
Both are seniors and will can show some impact already.


i think dee brown will be long gone by the time we are on the clock.


Dee Brown will be available in the late 2nd round, trust me. Teams dont like the fact he, well...can't shoot. The fact hes a winner and has heart will get him on a team somewhere, but hes not a first rounder.

If available, Id take Rajon Rondo, Daniel Gibson, Randy Foye or Guerillmo Diaz with our first pick. We already have our future big, we need to address PG. Rondo and Gibson could start next year if they picked up the offense, and Foye would be able to compete for some PT. Diaz is a little bit away, but still a solid investment.

2nd Round I like two tough big guys. First the kid from Indiana, Killingsworth (an absolute tank, would immediately help us with our toughness down low). Also, Wake Forest's Williams, hes also a very tough, aggressive inside rebounder. Add either of those guys with Bynum down the line and we have a very good front court

But what do you think about Hassan Adams? Is he worht for a 1st round pick?
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby BrOwNShIzZLe on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:02 am

Tyrus Thomas has caught my attention of late.
www.kinghandles.ca

Spread the word
BrOwNShIzZLe

 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:35 pm

BrOwNShIzZLe wrote:Tyrus Thomas has caught my attention of late.


Yeah, Tyrus has firmly placed himself not only on the draft radar, but also in lotto territory. He had a great game against UConn, where he matched up against the 6'11" Hilton Armstrong and still got around 7 blocks, altering countless other shots. He's an absolute pogo stick in the mold of Stromile Swift; he leaps high, blocks a lot of shots and plays very energetically. To think that he was only 6'7" 190 lbs. a couple of years ago and now he's 6'9" 218. He's really made some huge strides, and scouts are just infatuated with his potential.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:46 pm

Caron1 wrote:Dee Brown will be available in the late 2nd round, trust me. Teams dont like the fact he, well...can't shoot. The fact hes a winner and has heart will get him on a team somewhere, but hes not a first rounder.


Yeah, he's probably a late 2nd rounder. His numbers have really fallen off from last year, especially his shooting %'s, leading scouts to believe that Luther Head and Deron Williams helped him with his #'s last year. He's been quite erratic this year also, and of course, his height is always going backfire against him. Doesn't have much potential NBA-wise either, except to be a sparkplug-type player. Besides, there are many guards who are simply better than him, whether in height, athleticism, passing ability, shooting ability, or potential--think Gabe Pruitt, Marcus Williams, Randy Foye, Mardy Collins, Rajon Rondo, Jordan Farmar, Daniel Gibson.

If available, Id take Rajon Rondo, Daniel Gibson, Randy Foye or Guerillmo Diaz with our first pick. We already have our future big, we need to address PG. Rondo and Gibson could start next year if they picked up the offense, and Foye would be able to compete for some PT. Diaz is a little bit away, but still a solid investment.


I like Rondo the best--amazing 7'0" wingspan and just an absolute terror on the defensive end--gets a lot of steals and rebounds. A speedster too--we need that kind of play, and his passing skills are excellent. I'm willing to take all of that despite his atrocious jumpshot.

Gibson has regressed this year-Texas hasn't had a good season thus far--and Gibson's a huge part of it. His playmaking skills leave a lot to be desired, and he sometimes forces the issue. He hasn't shown a lot of growth so far, but of course, he's still got a lot of potential. Probably a mid-1st rounder as of now, but should come out 2007.

Randy Foye is an explosive combo guard who likes to mix-and-match with attacking the basket and hitting jumpers. His scoring ability has always been undisputed, and his playmaking skills are steadily developing. Not sure if he fits our team, as he somewhat reminds me of Steve Francis (with less athleticism).

Diaz hasn't improved much this year especially with playmaking ability--that's why his stock has taken a dive all the way to late-1st round territory. Has the lethal combination of sickish athleticism and shooting ability, but his decision-making and playmaking ability have not improved. Probably won't fit our team, especially since we have our own athletic-PG freak in Smush Parker.


2nd Round I like two tough big guys. First the kid from Indiana, Killingsworth (an absolute tank, would immediately help us with our toughness down low). Also, Wake Forest's Williams, hes also a very tough, aggressive inside rebounder. Add either of those guys with Bynum down the line and we have a very good front court


Killingsworth has toughness, but not too much potential; he's got a tough and mature NBA-ready body but he hasn't shown a real consistent jumpshot yet. He's extremely turnover prone for the college level, despite his decent passing skills to make up for it. He's a bit undersized and overweight as well, so he may lack mobility for defense at the next level. His game is intriguing, but not sure if he's the right fit for this team, or even for the NBA. He tried to declare a couple of years ago out of Auburn but to no avail; although he's drastically improved, I'd only take him if he lands at the late 2nd round territory (right now he's a mid-2nd rounder).

Eric Williams probably would just be a solid college player, but not really for the NBA, unless he can carve a Tractor Traylor comparison. He's undersized and overweight, and although he's got brutish post skills, he doesn't have much else going for him. I'm not a fan of undersized players, so I would skip him.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:49 pm

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:But what do you think about Hassan Adams? Is he worht for a 1st round pick?


Bubble 1st rounder as now--he seems to improving a bit though, and a team might fall for his athleticism and defensive ability, after seeing the level of success Ruben Patterson, Fred Jones and even Dwyane Wade (to an extent) has had in this league. He still needs to show a better jumpshot though.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:52 pm

DWadeIsGod03 wrote:Ryd, can you please explain to me what all of the hype around Josh Boone is? I have seen him live a couple of times and plenty more on tv, and I have absolutely no clue why he is projected as a lottery pick. As you may know, I am a huge UMass fan, and when UConn plays UMass, Boone can't even score on Rashaun Freeman, the star at UMass, who is projected as a late second round pick or undrafted in next years draft. Boone has no offensive game what so ever, and he can't do anything on guys with any strength at all. Even on the defensive side, I don't even think he is averaging two blocks a game, and he is supposed to be a defensive specialist.


His stock has taken a steady plunge, and scouts aren't as interested in him anymore. He seems to get down on himself when the team isn't doing well, and his offensive ability leaves a lot to be desired--he only scores on garbage buckets, layups, dunks, etc. He has no jumpshot yet. He plays like a blue-collar guy despite his athleticism and shotblocking ability, and thus would only translate to a role-player in the next level; he's no Emeka Okafor because his offense is a ways away. He doesn't have much potential either; I'd say he's a mid-1st rounder, because scouts love big men with any sort of defensive ability.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Okki--Larry O'Bannon is an undersized one-dimensional shooter in last year's draft. We have better options than him.

Alleyhoops--Chris Hernandez isn't really considered a draft prospect, despite his shooting and passing ability. He's strong, yes, but not athletic, and scouts seem to moving toward the more athletic, quicker PGs nowadays. That's exactly the same reason why Derek Raivio isn't looked upon as a draft prospect. I can't see him as the next Stockton either.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Born2Ball on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:44 pm

I think we should get Shannon Brown in the second round. Where do you think Marcus Ager will be
This is where my sig will be when i get it.
If anyone has info on wen the xbox 360's price will drop please pm me.
User avatar
Born2Ball

 
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:59 am
Location: Bahamas

Postby Massacre on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:57 pm

Image
Daniel Gibson
Birthdate: 2/27/86
NBA Position:Point Guard
College: Texas
Class: Sophomore
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 190
Hometown: Houston, TX
High School: Jesse Jones

NBA Comparison: Chauncey Billups

Strengths: Point Guard with advanced scoring skills ... Scores well within the flow of the game and does a good job of setting the table ... Combines excellent quickness and athleticism with competitiveness and drive ... Great court vision and reaction speed to find open teammates ... Has a killer crossover dribble ... Shoots the 3 ball well, which also makes his crossover that much more lethal ... Good basketball understanding and decision maker ... Excels in the open court and loves to push the ball up quickly... He is not the passer and floor general that TJ Ford was, but he has better size, and much better shooting ability ... His size makes him an intruiging prospect ...


http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/danielgibson.asp
Image
User avatar
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 10785
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2014 Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.