Gonzaga or College Hoops fans help please

Gonzaga or College Hoops fans help please

Postby Ryder Havasu on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:56 am

I have caught a couple of Gonzaga Bulldogs games lately since the Lakers drafted Turiaf and he's currently working out with them while he rehabs his heart. Anyways here's my question: What do you guys think of Adam Morrison? The guy was just hitting big shot after big shot. He's not that athletic but he's got range on his jumper and he's savy enough to get to the hoop. He reminds me of Luke Walton but with a MUCH more reliable jump shot. If he comes out this year where do you think he will go in the draft? 1st round, 2nd round, not drafted, lottery? I'd love to hear from some zags fans or some college hoops junkies!
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:46 pm

Yeah, you can also look at my stickied NBA Draft players on the top of this forum for more about Adam Morrison.

He's an extremely talented, effortless offensive player. Think Mike Miller in the moves he makes; shooting off curls, screens, off the dribble, very pure mid-range shot with an improving three point shot (although that still needs work). He shoots from everywhere and has the savviness/basketball IQ to get to the basket as well. He's horribly on the other end of the court, lacks footspeed, athleticism, just a very slow player. However, he's been torching it in college right now and he can even overtake Rudy Gay as #1 pick if he keeps this up. Not a huge fan of him, but his offensive game is raising the eyes of scouts.

As for other Gonzaga players, JP Batista is a heavy scoring PF for the Zags, but that's about it. Probably a late 2nd rounder at best. Derek Raivio is a thin rail PG, probably like Steve Blake, with good shooting and passing skills, but lacks athleticism and eye-dropping ability. 2nd round pick next year's draft.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Ryder Havasu on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:37 am

thanks rydjorker121 much appreciated. I saw him play against Michigan St. in the Maui invitational (on ESPN couldn't go inter island) last month and he was just tearing it up. I was like man this dude looks like Dirk out there without being 6-10. He was SLOW but, he was still getting to the basket by using his wiry frame and long arms. He was straight money from 15-18 feet and could shoot the three (college). His one-on-one defense was horrible (when he was put in that situation) you couldn't tell too much cuz the Zags played zone most of the night.
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Return to NBA 2014 Draft