Heath files for draft

Heath files for draft

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:16 pm

San Diego Union Tribune: San Diego State's Brandon Heath made his decision to enter the NBA draft official Tuesday by submitting the necessary paperwork to league officials.

Heath, the Mountain West Conference Player of the Year, will not hire an agent, thus leaving open the option of returning to school for his senior season.

“I really feel like it's a win-win situation for me,” Heath said. “If I do well enough in workouts and in camps where (multiple) teams would tell me I'm a first-round pick, I would go. But if the advice is to return to school, that's what I will do. "

Heath expects to be invited to the NBA predraft camp, to be held this year in Orlando, Fla., June 6-10. Until then, he will work out with SDSU teammates and coaches while preparing for individual tryouts with NBA teams.

Invitations to Orlando will be extended in May.

“I assume the response he has received and will continue to receive from (the league) is that he needs another year in college,” said one NBA player personnel director. “(Heath) would have to play point guard at the next level and that means his passing and decision-making need to be much better.

“But I'm not surprised he declared to test the process and see where he fits. That is what the rule is intended for. He should go out and get as much feedback as possible.”

Said Heath: “I know that I will have to show them I can run a team. From what I've already heard, they know I can score. So my main focus will be on the decision-making part.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:08 pm

Streaky athletic combo guard with some defensive and shooting ability, although none of each is consistent. His height and potential are intriguing, though, which is what is probably keeping him alive to even be considered a prospect. He was projected to be a late 2nd rounder in the 2007 draft. 2006? He'd be lucky to get even drafted in the late 2nd round. He needs another year, and so does his teammate, Marcus Slaughter (although it's too late for him).
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA 2014 Draft