An Idea of Who the Lakers May Draft

An Idea of Who the Lakers May Draft

Postby pureuncut100 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:46 am

http://www.draftexpress.com/workout.php?tid=28

If you look at that list, if you look at the past drafts and if you take into account team needs, I think you could narrow down that list to about 5 players(outside of those players that may happen to slip). As of late, the Lakers draft projects or established mature players out of college. Its Sasha Vujacic/Andrew Bynum or Ronnie Turiaf/Cook/Walton. If you consider the youth of this team, I expect the Lakers to take a "first year contributor". Of that list, the Lakers take either:

Alexander Johnson
James White
Guillermo Diaz
Shawne Williams
Sergio Rodriguez

Some of these guys may not be available, but that is who the Lakers have worked out and it is probably safe to assume that is who they hope they have a shot at come the 26th pick. There are other players the Lakers have worked out that may prove to be good players in time. I just dont think that those players get taken in the first round.

The biggest reason why I think the players above are targets for the Lakers is because there is a slim to none chance those players are around for the second round. Players like Dee Brown, Leon Powe and Will Blalock may be around in the second. I would bet money that none of the 5 above are around when the Lakers pick in the 2nd.
pureuncut100

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:17 am

I'd probably wet myself if Johnson and Diaz were still around with the pick. I would be hard pressed to pick between the two, however, I'd probably go with the guard Diaz.
Flatlyner

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:13 am

i like what i see from diaz as well. IF that Banks rumour is true, I dont think well be looking at him though.
MarkMadsen

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:51 am

Sergio is horrible on D.

Gimme Diaz or Johnson or Williams
James White sucks
KB24
Site Admin

Postby pureuncut100 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:26 am

HoopsHype.com has a Minnesota paper saying that Banks will be playing for the Lakers next year. Many of us suspect that Marcus Banks will be in L.A. next year which is why I also dont think the Lakers will be taking a PG in the draft.

I am a big fan of James White but understand why many of you say he sucks. But reguardless of what we personally think of the guy, White has absolutely killed in workouts. He killed on defense(apparently a lockdown defender), he killed on offense, and his athleticism is the best in the draft. His jumper and handle were very good in workouts. Assuming his workouts were what every team is saying they were, does White sound like a PJ type of player. Hell yes he does.
pureuncut100

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:29 am

If Banks is a Laker, go after Shawne Williams :jam2:
KB24
Site Admin

Postby eNlight on Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:30 am

KB8@CL wrote:If Banks is a Laker, go after Shawne Williams :jam2:
eNlight

Postby Crispy on Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:46 am

go after shawne williams no matter what. no major weaknesses in his game. underrated defender - avg. 1 stl and 1 blk in his freshman year
Crispy

Return to NBA 2014 Draft