Jamie Skeen, VCU

Jamie Skeen, VCU

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:37 pm

I've been watching this kid all tournament and what a player. So composed and skilled. He reminds me of Larry Johnson. He's strong and has a silky smooth perimeter shot. I haven't seen a team that has had an answer for him, yet. Here's Draft Express' rundown: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Tre ... 2011--3654
Alleyhoops

Re: Jamie Skeen, VCU

Postby KB24 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:26 am

sounds like a very good triangle fit...

question: will he be an NBA PF or can he be a SF...he seems to be a "Jeff Green" to me...tweener.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:26 am

KB24 wrote:sounds like a very good triangle fit...

question: will he be an NBA PF or can he be a SF...he seems to be a "Jeff Green" to me...tweener.

The biggest difference between Skeen and Green is that Jamie is built like a Mac truck and seems to enjoy banging inside. Definitely more physical than Green and looks to have as nice of a perimeter shot. He has a great looking jumper. Again, Larry Johnson comes to mind. I see a lot of similarities in their game.

Sure, Skeen would be nice, but with VCU in the final four and Jamie featured on the big stage, he may move up the draft ladder, far from our reach. But I sure wouldn't mind adding a skilled, physical bruiser to our array of weapons.
Alleyhoops

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 pm

^ That. He's in the Final Four now, so his draft stock just shot up. He'll get a lot more looks now from a lot more teams and I don't see him sliding to the second round.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Oh well, what does he have today? About 30 against a very tough defense? Yep, looks like he may be considered one of the premier forwards come draft day.
Alleyhoops

Postby khmrP on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:45 pm

according to draft express mock draft he is projected to be the last pick by SA :man3: ....odd but maybe we take a flyer on him with our other 3 if he is to drop that far.
khmrP

Return to NBA 2014 Draft