I just seen a mock draft with LA landing at C Brian Zoubek..

I just seen a mock draft with LA landing at C Brian Zoubek..

Postby tmpl924 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:35 pm

With their first pick which is early in the second round. He could fit well as a back up for bynum. We need someone besides Dj who never plays and doesnt seem to learnt the system. Zoubek is 7'1 260 and played 4 yrs under Coach K so he is developed, matured with a high BBall IQ, I think he is smart enouh to pick up the triangle and he played great his senior yr and in the final game he step up for the title. He is use to the pressure of a chapionship. The Ncaa title and college is crazy, and this yrs championship game was great. It played out that Duke was basically a rd team yet with the seniors and great coaching of K Duke won. Brian played very smart, with PG senior Scheyer, who also should be avialable near the second pick the Lakers have at the end of the draft.

K developes players well. look at Boozer, duhon, deng, JJ, who I wish we had as back up for shooting, he is better than Sasha, and so many more esp uys he has for 4 yrs...
tmpl924

Re: I just seen a mock draft with LA landing at C Brian Zoubek..

Postby trodgers on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 pm

LA is being shown taking as many as two centers in some mocks. I wonder why...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 pm

He's okay but has had foot problems in the past. I remember big Z having those same kind of problems a little while back. He needs to develop a jumper in the 15 foot range. He is a good rebounder though ... and we all witnessed what good rebounding will get ya! :man12:
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:40 pm

^ If they deal Bynum for a PG, they'd need a body to replace him. I wouldn't want to replace some of the best young talent for a late second rounder, but I suppose if a PG type comes in for him then it'd work alright.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm

I like Zoubek....hustles like a maniac....
lakeshow2k4

Postby khmrP on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:36 pm

^^^Madsen Like?
khmrP

Postby lakeshow2k4 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 pm

yeah except Madsen is 6'8 and Zoubek is a 7 footer..sets screens ..goes to the glass..gets loose balls...think Kendrick Perkins without the seasoned post defense and bad attitude.....
lakeshow2k4

Postby khmrP on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:36 am

^^Varajao then?
khmrP

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:39 pm

^ Perhaps.

Looks, IF the Lakers draft either Zoubek or Dixon, they're not doing it to replace Drew. They're doing it to replace Mbenga.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I would hate it if they drafted Zoubek. The guy wasn't even a good player on the college level, let alone as an NBA prospect. He had a nice stretch in the tourney but still only put up 5.7 ppg and 7.7 rpg last year. The previous three seasons he was a 4 and 3 guy. He isn't a good shotblocker either, never averaging more than 0.8 blocks per game during a season. This guy was the joke of the ACC until he realized that he is 7-1 and played decently this year. A much undersized Tyler Hansbrough, who probably won't be good in the league himself, destroyed Zoubek on numerous occasions. If we are talking undrafted free agent that's good, 58 wouldn't be bad, but I really hope we don't take him at 43.
live and die in LA

Return to NBA 2014 Draft