Lakers Draft Trade Talk Bigger than we all thought???

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:33 pm

all ideas suck. period.

Why should we get Murphy and Dunleavy? two very soft and inconsistent losers with toxic contracts? this is colpletely bullcrap.

Odom and Bynum for another C? make it Chandler, Mihm and Kwame? this is bull too.

Odom for Boozer? also Bull. lamar is the faciliator of the triangle, we could get Booz for significantly less, Phil would NOT allow that, nor would the Lakers make any lateral move. They want to improve not retool.

Neither Bynum nor Odom is available. And I like it. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

all rumors are BS. book it.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Kobe_Bryant_24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:36 pm

KB@CL wrote:Neither Bynum nor Odom is available. And I like it.


Yeah you also like mediocrity.
User avatar
Kobe_Bryant_24

 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:34 pm
Location: In a Cave

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Kobe_Bryant_24 wrote:
KB@CL wrote:Neither Bynum nor Odom is available. And I like it.


Yeah you also like mediocrity.

No I don´t like mediocrity but you know what? I like those players and I want them to be Lakers. Whether they are that great or not remains to be seen. I have enaugh trust in them. I´m not panicing like some others and I never became Laker fans because they were successfull. I became a laker fan in the 90s when they had no success and still while I love to have success I also want to like the players.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby Blkhorse on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:58 pm

KB8@CL wrote:all ideas suck. period.

Why should we get Murphy and Dunleavy? two very soft and inconsistent losers with toxic contracts? this is colpletely bullcrap.

Odom and Bynum for another C? make it Chandler, Mihm and Kwame? this is bull too.

Odom for Boozer? also Bull. lamar is the faciliator of the triangle, we could get Booz for significantly less, Phil would NOT allow that, nor would the Lakers make any lateral move. They want to improve not retool.

Neither Bynum nor Odom is available. And I like it. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

all rumors are BS. book it.


I agree, it just makes no sense for us to trade odom who is our falicitator. phil does not want to teach the tri over again to a new guy. and i doubt walton is starting material.

Bynum is not going anywhere either. if we were truly going to trade him we would of done so with artest.

the only major player that i believe will be traded is mihm, and you can book that.
Blkhorse

 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 3:38 pm
Location: LA

Postby slimjim on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:22 pm

seriously... once there is a deal with odom in it... i just chuck it out the window...

i seriously do not see mitch/phil/buss letting go of odom that quick...

they'd be stupid to trade odom IMO...

unless of course it's for a pipe-esque trade :man9:
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Postby G on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:40 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
G wrote:Don't trade Odom. We need to somehow get a 2nd/3rd option type player without trading him. If that means trading Bynum, so be it. Trading Odom for draft picks is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I wanna win now. :freak2:


Ok, ok...I'm with you there...

Here...why doesn't Mitch do this???:

Utah Gets: Mihm, George, '08 2nd Pick

Lakers Get: Boozer

Chicago Gets: Bynum and a future pick ('08 or '09)

Lakers Get: Chandler and #2

Now...here would be the good thing...

Boozer and Chandler can be the new butt budies of the team...mayeb sometimes (if Chandler can play Center) they can even play at the same time...but mostly switching each other in every quater....

In this senerio you lose Bynum...which is a bummer...BUT...you keep Odom...and Kwame....

So you got the core of Kobe, Odom, and Kwame...but then you got Chandler and Boozer in the mix to help out...and then MLE goes to Banks...or if Roy is a PG and Phil trusts him enough...Roy is the PG...

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES...MITCH JUST NEEDS TO THINK AND PULL THEM OFF.......


That all sounds good, but good luck pulling any of that off.
G

 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Postby bobyahead on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:54 pm

boozer? the guy can't play any kind of defense! the only thing that is good about him is that he attacks the boards. BUT odom attacked the boards last year too.

if we loose odom and get boozer and a draft pick... i would cry. honestly
bobyahead

 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:14 pm

Postby Still A Dynasty on Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:31 pm

I love Odom and I want him to remain a Laker. BUT IF we could trade he and Mihm for Gordon, 2nd, and the 16th Id still do it.

Obviously Phil sees something in Roy. Usually he is not a big believer in rookies. But IF he as okay with trading Odom for that deal, so am I.

I think he sees Roy as a Pippen-esque player. a guy who can do it all. Gordon would give us 15-20 ppg easily and Roy could be the facilitator. Not to mention we could have a huge trade exception to trade for KMart.

Kwame/Bynum/
Martin/Turiaf/Cook
Roy/Walton/Profit
KB24/Smush/Rush
Gordon/Banks/Sasha

But again, I like Odom and want to see him a Laker. But Gordon already has SOLID numbers, would be an ideal point, gets us Roy (maybe the next Pippen, at least in PJ's eyes) KMart AND the 16th pick which could land Alexander Johnson, Reddick, Thabo, Sene, etc.

Id love that deal
User avatar
Still A Dynasty

 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: City of Angels

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:14 pm

Flatlyner wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
YESMAR1 wrote:I would want Ben Gordon. He would be the perfect compliment to Kobe in the backcourt. Trade Odom to Chicago for Gordon and the #2. If Chicago would go for that deal...One can only dream.


What about George and Odom for Chandler, #2, #16?, and Gordon...

Maybe trade Mihm and others for Boozer or something....Get #14...

You guys...do you know how many picks we can pick up this year if Mitch just thinks and makes the right trades and stuff???


I like the idea, however, do you really think teams are willing to just give away there draft picks? They have scouts too... most likely BETTER scouts then us. They won't be as willing to just send away their picks, as we all like to believe.

Mihm (and others) for Boozer AND #14... p i p e. There is zero chance that all of the Utahs management forget that they are trying to actually improve their team. Why on earth would they do that?


No I know it wouldn't be likely but still...it would be cool....
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby The Laker Link on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:18 pm

G wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:
G wrote:Don't trade Odom. We need to somehow get a 2nd/3rd option type player without trading him. If that means trading Bynum, so be it. Trading Odom for draft picks is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I wanna win now. :freak2:


Ok, ok...I'm with you there...

Here...why doesn't Mitch do this???:

Utah Gets: Mihm, George, '08 2nd Pick

Lakers Get: Boozer

Chicago Gets: Bynum and a future pick ('08 or '09)

Lakers Get: Chandler and #2

Now...here would be the good thing...

Boozer and Chandler can be the new butt budies of the team...mayeb sometimes (if Chandler can play Center) they can even play at the same time...but mostly switching each other in every quater....

In this senerio you lose Bynum...which is a bummer...BUT...you keep Odom...and Kwame....

So you got the core of Kobe, Odom, and Kwame...but then you got Chandler and Boozer in the mix to help out...and then MLE goes to Banks...or if Roy is a PG and Phil trusts him enough...Roy is the PG...

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES...MITCH JUST NEEDS TO THINK AND PULL THEM OFF.......


That all sounds good, but good luck pulling any of that off.


Oh...you are right...I thought Chad was saying either Bynum or Odom instead of both...both for Chandler and #2 would be bad...Bynum and others would be good...Throw in like Luke, Cook, and like all of the 2nd Round picks from Charlotte and us and then try it.....
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby jBL on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:52 pm

rscogold wrote:any chance of swapping Dunleavy for Maggette?


I think you're mistaken Dunleavy with Coach Dunleavy of Clippers.
Mike Dunleavy plays for Golden State and Corey Maggette plays for the Clippers.
jBL

 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:08 pm

Postby rscogold on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:13 am

jungbum wrote:
rscogold wrote:any chance of swapping Dunleavy for Maggette?


I think you're mistaken Dunleavy with Coach Dunleavy of Clippers.
Mike Dunleavy plays for Golden State and Corey Maggette plays for the Clippers.


sorry, you've lost me. i was referring to the deal of Odom + McKie for Murphy, Dunleavy + #9. would Coach Dunleavy be interested in trading for his son Mike Jr. in exchange for Maggette? their salaries are almost an exact match.
rscogold

 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:59 am

Postby Klewfish on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:31 am

Anything involving Odom for a player not as good as Odom + high draft pick I wouldn't do. Do people really want to go through this again? If we trade Odom for player+draft pick, assuming its going to be a good player and high draft pick, thats 2 players we have to go through teaching the triangle to. If one of them is the initiator, they have an extra hard job. We lose team chemistry as well. I dont want to have to go through another season of teaching guys the triangle and waiting for it to "click". Or getting a bunch of young players that cant contribute right away. You want to trade Odom for someone who wont play (rookie), and a player we will have to teach the triangle offense to? Keep the team intact. If I had to trade him, I would trade Odom to the Bulls for Nocioni (established player) + Kirk Hinrich (established PG) + whatever draft pick we could squeeze out of them. #2? draft morrison, #16 draft cedric simmons

Hinrich/Smush/Sasha
Kobe/Rush
Nocioni/Luke/Morrison
Boozer?/Turiaf/Cook/Simmons
Kwame/Bynum

That team has players we would have to teach the triangle to all over again, but we KNOW that would be better than last years squad, so it might be worth it.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
User avatar
Klewfish
ClubNetsHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:29 am

Hinrich will not be traded. Also, the Bulls would never do that. Way one sided in our favor.
Flatlyner

 
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Postby abeer3 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:01 am

the warriors deal interests me because murphy and dunleavy are good fits in the offense (i can see phil wanting those guys), and the #9 could yield a solid backcourt contributor this year.

HOWEVA, their contracts do suck (big time) and they don't play d.

that said, this lineup:

kwame/mihm/bynum
murphy/turiaf
walton/dunleavy
kobe/ronnie brewer?
banks/smush/sasha

looks good on paper. defensively, they struggle a bit, but i think they could more than make up for it on the other end. lots of versatility, too.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Postby The Laker Link on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:58 am

abeer3 wrote:the warriors deal interests me because murphy and dunleavy are good fits in the offense (i can see phil wanting those guys), and the #9 could yield a solid backcourt contributor this year.

HOWEVA, their contracts do suck (big time) and they don't play d.

that said, this lineup:

kwame/mihm/bynum
murphy/turiaf
walton/dunleavy
kobe/ronnie brewer?
banks/smush/sasha

looks good on paper. defensively, they struggle a bit, but i think they could more than make up for it on the other end. lots of versatility, too.


See but what about doing both??? What about changing up the deals and doing the Chicago and Golden State Deals???

Here's my thinking...and it might not be totally possibly but maybe give it a try and see what happens....

Chicago gets: Mihm, Bynum, George, and picks (not this year) or money
Golden State gets: Odom, McKie, and picks (not this year) or cash
Lakers get: Murphy, Dunleavy, Chandler, #2 and #9...

And now we got this:

kwame/chandler
chandler/murphy/turiaf
walton/dunleavy/peja?
kobe/profit/rush
banks/smush/sasha

Now with #2 we get either Roy, Aldridge, or Tyrus...whoever is availiable

#9 we get J.J. Reddick...nice dude to have at like SG or SF

#26...unless we absolutly have to add it to that deal somewhere...we get Gierrmo Diaz...or whatever his name is...

Then in the off-season we go get Profit, Rush, and Banks...then maybe somehow we get Peja or maybe Ely or something...

Like I said...it probably isn't realistic at all...but if it could work and Mitch could think this up and do it...that would be great.......
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8090
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Postby Mr. Sampton on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:01 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
abeer3 wrote:the warriors deal interests me because murphy and dunleavy are good fits in the offense (i can see phil wanting those guys), and the #9 could yield a solid backcourt contributor this year.

HOWEVA, their contracts do suck (big time) and they don't play d.

that said, this lineup:

kwame/mihm/bynum
murphy/turiaf
walton/dunleavy
kobe/ronnie brewer?
banks/smush/sasha

looks good on paper. defensively, they struggle a bit, but i think they could more than make up for it on the other end. lots of versatility, too.


See but what about doing both??? What about changing up the deals and doing the Chicago and Golden State Deals???

Here's my thinking...and it might not be totally possibly but maybe give it a try and see what happens....

Chicago gets: Mihm, Bynum, George, and picks (not this year) or money
Golden State gets: Odom, McKie, and picks (not this year) or cash
Lakers get: Murphy, Dunleavy, Chandler, #2 and #9...

And now we got this:

kwame/chandler
chandler/murphy/turiaf
walton/dunleavy/peja?
kobe/profit/rush
banks/smush/sasha

Now with #2 we get either Roy, Aldridge, or Tyrus...whoever is availiable

#9 we get J.J. Reddick...nice dude to have at like SG or SF

#26...unless we absolutly have to add it to that deal somewhere...we get Gierrmo Diaz...or whatever his name is...

Then in the off-season we go get Profit, Rush, and Banks...then maybe somehow we get Peja or maybe Ely or something...

Like I said...it probably isn't realistic at all...but if it could work and Mitch could think this up and do it...that would be great.......

You are doing way too much...personaly, I think dealing Odom to the bulls makes no sense because it would be like starting over...The only trade I would do with Odom is to get KG or maybe Jermaine Oneal (unlikely deals)...Out of all the possible deals, I like possibly dealing Bynum to get Roy...This deal is fair for both team...Chicago needs a big man and he is better than any 7 footer in this draft and seems to fit what they want (Tyrus Thomas and Tyson Chandler is a physically weak tandem)...As for the Lakers, it is common knowledge that Roy is a great fit in the Triangle (he would somewhat make up for the guy we should have gotten in the Shaq trade...MVP D. Wade)...Honestly if we can't do that deal, we should sit tight and pick at 26 and wait for either Doby, Brown, Diaz or White (iffy with this guy) and try to move up in the 2nd round to get Powe (he is a beast!)
User avatar
Mr. Sampton

 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 12:30 am

Postby kobe_008 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:38 am

i think odom is going no where.bynum is 50/50.and we need to go up.i think we have lots of players we can give up.mihm,cook,george,parker and others.since the drop is that weak-with right decissions it might turn out good.but odom stays
kobe_008

 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:10 am

Postby Flatlyner on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:48 am

I share the opinion that we do need to move up in the draft, preferably without giving up the #26, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Hopefully someone might bite on Mihm and fillers for a pick they don't need. Its okay to wish.
Flatlyner

 
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.