Lakers Workout Schedule

Re: Lakers Workout Schedule

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:29 am

Ellington. Thank you.
Alleyhoops

Postby live and die in LA on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:43 am

Alleyhoops wrote:Ellington. Thank you.

I would like picking up Ellington as well, but I have no idea where he is getting drafted. I've seen mocks with im going as high as 11-12, others have him going late first round to early second.
live and die in LA

Postby 10scott10 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 pm

kobe_008 wrote:i would like to try and get ellington or budinger..
don't we need outside shooters to spread the floor.

i think our PG spot is solved with S.Brown

please not budinger

he is like bizzaro luke

athletic as hell, no basketball IQ. can't make a smart play to save his life.

plus even with his athleticism, he still plays bad defense
10scott10

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:29 am

I saw early mock that show Ellington going to Lakers....but is he anything more then just a spot up shooter? He didn't look very athletic in the championship game considering his height and all.
khmrP

Postby karacha on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:24 am

I can't wait for us to draft someone, just to see him warming up the bench and playing 15 minutes total next season. Gotta love that!
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby SignPippenNow on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:24 pm

karacha wrote:I can't wait for us to draft someone, just to see him warming up the bench and playing 15 minutes total next season. Gotta love that!

What do you think the D-Fenders are for? LA bought their own D-League team. What is wrong with taking a player at 29 and paying him basically peanuts as 14 or 15th player on roster and letting him develop in D-League. Do that and maybe LA won't grow old with no one to replace them like Suns and Spurs have done trading away picks etc.
SignPippenNow

Postby Lord Johnny on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 pm

khmrP wrote:I saw early mock that show Ellington going to Lakers....but is he anything more then just a spot up shooter? He didn't look very athletic in the championship game considering his height and all.

he can drive it some, excellent 3pt shooter, mid range and ft line.
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby Alleyhoops on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 am

khmrP wrote:I saw early mock that show Ellington going to Lakers....but is he anything more then just a spot up shooter? He didn't look very athletic in the championship game considering his height and all.

UNC plays a strict role offense. Ellington is asked to float on the perimeter and spread the defense. He's the best pure shooter in the draft. Think Stackhouse. The few times we did see Ellington take it to the hole, he's got an excellent first step and explodes for monster dunks with a 38" vertical. Decent defensively. He should develop into a very, very nice player at the next level. With Drew working on getting deeper position in the post, I'd be thrilled if Ellington dropped to us.
Alleyhoops

Postby Lord Johnny on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:58 am

Ellington!!
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:37 pm

I would run the LA Marathon with a special needs kid on my back kicking and screaming the whole 26.2 miles, if Mitch somehow found a way to trade Adam Morison's expiring contract plus our 1st rounder and Charlotte's second rounder this year for Tyreke Evans. Once that dude learns how to shoot....GAME OVER!!! The guy plays good defense, is a excellent passer, looks to pass before shoot, and is a 6-5 point guard. He is going to be something special and one of the top 5 from this draft class.....BOOK IT!
LAKEROC

Postby BeastNThaPaint on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Dejuan Blair would be nice, keeping my fingers crossed he or Hansbrough falls...Yes i said Hansbrough...The guy is proven and i'd rather have him than Josh Powell..I'd also like to have BJ Mullens as a project, i just dont see DJ Mbenga being the long term answer backing up Bynum.
Come on Mitch, we need you to shock the World once again!!
BeastNThaPaint

Gary Wilkinson news for JSM

Postby SignPippenNow on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am

The 6-9 PF from Utah State has been added by Lakers to workout on June 22.
SignPippenNow

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Please Mitch...trade up in this draft for Evans. I want the guy so badly on this team. He could be utalized at both the point and shooting guard positions, which are are weakest. He would be the absolute perfect rookie for this team.

There has to be some team willing to take Farmar's expiring contract and our 1st and 2nd for this cat
LAKEROC

Postby Whatthef? on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:36 am

Patty Mills could be a steal with our late round pick. :bow:
Whatthef?

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:01 pm

LAKEROC wrote:if Mitch somehow found a way to trade Adam Morison's expiring contract plus our 1st rounder and Charlotte's second rounder this year for Tyreke Evans.

Any lottery team would hang up on Mitch with such an offer, not before they had the biggest laugh of their life.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Pig Miller on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:27 am

i am not one bit excited about the players in this draft, but assuming we keep at least 1 pick (i think we deal 2 of our 3 picks), i wouldn't mind getting that vasquez kid.

if mitch can work his magic, i'd like the lakers to unload that #1 pick for salary reasons, and use the 2 2nd rounders on players willing to go to europe for a couple years, or traded for a future pick

guys i really don't think will pan out:

blair = tractor traylor junior
hansborough = rich man's mark madsen
collison = too small, but may be a decent fit if he lands on the perfect team playing spot minutes for his career
henderson = limited skill, no hard dribble to his right, very marginal shooter
austin daye = honestly, i'd just be afraid this guy would be ammo 2.0 (i just don't trust gonzaga for nba players, despite a few players panning out - stockton and turiaf)
harden = good player, but worth a top 5 pick? in no other draft but this
mullens = i see bust written all over this kid, he's long, but i'm not loving his skills or lack thereof
holiday = is he really going to play PG in this league? from my observations, i don't see him as much of a ball handler, but i think he can develop his shooting
mills = st. mary's, no thanks
Pig Miller

Postby Pig Miller on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:30 am

JSM wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:if Mitch somehow found a way to trade Adam Morison's expiring contract plus our 1st rounder and Charlotte's second rounder this year for Tyreke Evans.

Any lottery team would hang up on Mitch with such an offer, not before they had the biggest laugh of their life.

evans is the only player i really like in this draft, we have no chance to get him, but oh well, we got the trophy!
Pig Miller

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Updated with the participants from the NJ group workout from last weekend (12th-14th).

There were 36 players there, many of them the Lakers have already seen at other workouts, so I only added the guys who the Lakers haven't seen at other workouts. For the complete list of those who partook in the workout, as well as Givony's recap of how some of the players performed, check out THIS LINK. But here is the list of the 14 players who the Lakers got to see for the first time last weekend:
Connor Atchley
DeMarre Carroll
Omri Casspi
Dionte Christmas
Lee Cummard
Paul Delaney
Taylor Griffin (Blake's brother)
Paul Harris
Josh Heytvelt
Wes Matthews
Jack McClinton
Ahmad Nivins
Ryan Toolson
Luke Zeller
JSM

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Ford added a couple notes about Friday's portion of the weekend workout...

Chad Ford of ESPN wrote:-The word inside the gym on Friday morning was that Casspi and Brown looked the best in the morning session.

-The word inside the gym on Friday afternoon was that Maynor looked fantastic and that Budinger shot the lights out.
JSM

Postby SignPippenNow on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:40 pm

JSM, I am friends with HC at Nebraska. The Lakers also worked out Nebraska's Ade Dagunduro and NC State's Courtney Fells on June 18, last Thursday. Not a big deal, just passing it to you. Doc's kid at Nebraska might be a summer league candidate. I don't expect him to get drafted.
SignPippenNow

Postby JSM on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:53 pm

^ Thanks for the info, added them to the list.
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Jonas Jerebko added. He worked out for LA today.

Jeff Eisenberg of the Press Enterprise Blog wrote:Jonas Jerebko, a 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward hoping to become the first Swede drafted in the first round, will work out for the Lakers on Tuesday, his agent said this afternoon.

Jerebko, 22, has worked out for seven or eight teams in the past two weeks and expects to be drafted somewhere in the late-first or early-second round. The Lakers would likely be interested in him at pick No. 29, the second-to-last spot in the first round.

"He's a high-energy, high-motor player who can defend 2s, 3s and 4s," agent Doug Neustadt said."If he goes to the NBA next year, that's where he would be counted on. They would put him on the floor for defensive reasons. Offensively he has gotten a lot better but he's still working on his shot and putting the ball on the floor."

The son of former Syracuse star Chris Jerebko, Jonas grew up in Sweden and averaged 9.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 steals this season for Angelico Biella, a power in the Italian first division. If the Lakers draft him, he'd likely remain in Italy next season because the team has neither room on its roster nor under the salary cap for him.

Neustadt said Lakers European scout Adam Filippi has watched Jerebko play numerous times, while assistant general manager Ronnie Lester saw him knock down six of seven shots and pick up five steals on the final day of Reebok EuroCamp earlier this month in Traviso.

Tuesday would be general manager Mitch Kupchak's first chance to meet Jerebko in person.
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Also, Aran Smith of NBA Draft.net mentioned 4 days ago in an article that we were high on this guy.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=112658
JSM

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:12 am

According to Jeff Eisenberg )Press Enterprise), Ellington was part of Monday's workout.
JSM

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft