LAL sell #1 pick to NYN - done per ESPN

Re: LAL sell #1 pick to NYN - done per ESPN

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:36 pm

kb the assassin wrote:
Bynum&Gasol wrote:
BDG wrote:^ I don't get why you're angry over Mitch, it's a done deal ... there's no going back on it. I don't see how it's affected now that it has just become public knowledge.

I'm not angry, just annoyed. I spoke english in my previous post right? Why don't you get it? I said that I didn't like the fact that Mitch announced his intent before the pick was sold...

Sorry ill rather keep odom ariza and brown then use the 29th pick and lose ariza or odom and he got 3 million for the 29th pick and also a 2nd round pick for 2011

You must not understand english then if you think I didn't want the Lakers to keep Ariza, Odom, and Brown. Go take some Reading Comprehension courses son.....as any Republican would say to a Democrat...You just don't get it...
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby nameant on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:38 pm

While he's taking some reading comprehension courses, why don't you take a nap? Sounds like you need it.
nameant

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:39 pm

eNlight wrote:i'm proud of mitch, i hope he can score a solid hard working 2nd rounder somewhere. i'd like to see us get a big man that can tear up the nbdl

man our 1st round for some cash to pay for ariza's luxury tax and a 2nd round pick , thats crazy!

If Mitch can do as you say in the 2nd round, he'll have kept my respect.
Bynum&Gasol

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

nameant wrote:While he's taking some reading comprehension courses, why don't you take a nap? Sounds like you need it.

LOL@take a nap. I do need a nap, thanks for your concern.
Bynum&Gasol

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:42 pm

B&G, you need to take a chill pill.

If your posts doesn't pertain to basketball, find somewhere else for the personal attacks ... most of us want to talk about this trade, not deliver schoolyard insults over the internet.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:44 pm

BDG wrote:B&G, you need to take a chill pill.

If your posts doesn't pertain to basketball, find somewhere else for the personal attacks ... most of us want to talk about this trade, not deliver schoolyard insults over the internet.

If you care to read it, my post was addressing the trade, but because I voiced displeasure over the illustrious Mitch, everyone and their grandmother starts verbally assaulting me. You need to take a chill pill...I have'nt done anything to you or anyone else.
Bynum&Gasol

Postby ZenMaster4President on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Bynum&Gasol wrote:

If you care to read it, my post was addressing the trade, but because I voiced displeasure over the illustrious Mitch, everyone and their grandmother starts verbally assaulting me. You need to take a chill pill...I have'nt done anything to you or anyone else.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby sugi942 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Train wreck in progress...
sugi942

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 pm

sugi942 wrote:Train wreck in progress...

How's this - "IF I offended anyone, I apologize"

GO LAKERS!!!!

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Bynum&Gasol

Postby eNlight on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

i don't understand why new york would be shoring up on talent in this draft. this is one of the weakest talents ever. do they really think that by drafting a bunch of nobody's in this draft is going to pry lebron away from cleveland? i thought we were going to sell our draft pick to miami because they seem like they can't do anything this offseason.
eNlight

Postby from714to402 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:57 pm

ZenMaster4President wrote:
Bynum&Gasol wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
from714to402

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Hopefully the cash means that we'll definitely re-sign our guys.

I was hoping we'd take a euro project but whatever...still have 2 other picks to do that.
bumrusherer

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm

look- the 29th pick is a very, very late 1st round pick. if knicks continue to struggle and not win games, their 2nd round draft pick might be a high 2nd round pick. which is close enough to the 29th pick. i don't think mitch announcing it to everyone that he was willing to trade it had any detrimental effect on the results. you can't get much better than what we got--a near equivalent pick in return (high 2nd round pick compared to a 2nd to last 1st round pick, hopefully if knicks continue to lose) and $3mil to help with our current FA financial situation.

i give mitch props on this one.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Choson1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 pm

is mitch a con artist or what?
Choson1

Postby SignPippenNow on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Congrats to Emplay. He was first to report several weeks ago in a chat I think it was that LA was hoping to sell this pick. I read anything and everything LA related and Emplay was first to report this possibility. Good job Emplay!
SignPippenNow

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:look- the 29th pick is a very, very late 1st round pick. if knicks continue to struggle and not win games, their 2nd round draft pick might be a high 2nd round pick. which is close enough to the 29th pick. i don't think mitch announcing it to everyone that he was willing to trade it had any detrimental effect on the results. you can't get much better than what we got--a near equivalent pick in return (high 2nd round pick compared to a 2nd to last 1st round pick, hopefully if knicks continue to lose) and $3mil to help with our current FA financial situation.

i give mitch props on this one.

That's cool. It's all moot. If we win the ring in 2010, I'll be the first one holding up
"GIVE MITCH A RAISE" signs.
Bynum&Gasol

Postby hypotenuse on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Lakers front office has always done a incredible job.. with the draft and with pursuing FA players and trades as well.

The Lakers signed Wilt from Philly, drafted f****ing Jerry West, drafted f*****ing Magic, stole Kareem from Milwukee, stole Kobe from charlotte, stole Shaq from Orlando.

what sets the Lakers apart is that they capitalized with all of those big players they got as well. Players love to play in LA not cause of the city but because they were be playing for an organization who has won and who continually wants to win.

Postby lakerfansd on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:51 pm

If this helps us resign our guys, great move. After the lottery picks rest of the draft will be boring now, though. I'm not going to wait 3 hours to see who the lakers pick in the second round. I would have at least been curious about a first round pick.
lakerfansd

Postby SignPippenNow on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Not boring to me. My favorite day of the year. I watch draft stuff all day and will watch every second of the draft. Love this stuff.
SignPippenNow

Postby Pig Miller on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:11 pm

this is exactly what i wanted mitch to do. perfect move in my opinion.
Pig Miller

Postby TIME on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Keep in mind, it works out to more than $3 million. It relieves the Lakers of a 2 year guaranteed contract to a 1st rounder which would have been around 800k in year one and 880k in year two. So the team gains almost $5 million.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:43 pm

And since we're already in luxury tax territory, you can double the effective savings on the contract to get to about $7 million.
kray28

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Well, at least Mitch KNOWS that the PG situation needs to be decided for the future.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:07 pm

kray28 wrote:And since we're already in luxury tax territory, you can double the effective savings on the contract to get to about $7 million.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. We really do save a lot more than just $3 million (which is already a lot) with this deal.
Helljumper

Postby Pig Miller on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm

kray28 wrote:And since we're already in luxury tax territory, you can double the effective savings on the contract to get to about $7 million.

not true. since we're already over the cap, it'll go like this:

trevor gets 6, lamar gets 9 = 15 total plus another 15 in luxury tax liability. the 3 million is just that, we'll still be over the cap and just pay less in luxury tax liability.
Pig Miller

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2014 Draft