LAL sell #1 pick to NYN - done per ESPN

Re: LAL sell #1 pick to NYN - done per ESPN

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm cool with this. Our roster is pretty set anyways, I just don't see the 29th pick getting any kind of minutes even if we had selected someone. 3 million, thank you Zeke...err...Walshy.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:45 am

jimbo327 wrote:I'm cool with this. Our roster is pretty set anyways, I just don't see the 29th pick getting any kind of minutes even if we had selected someone. 3 million, thank you Zeke...err...Walshy.

I'm cool with it as well. However, after seeing who we "could've" gotten, I"m a little
upset. We could've drafted Dejuan Blair in the first round and Chase Budinger in
the 2nd round. Or kept Douglas with the first round pick and drafted Budinger
I like the Elonu pick, but with Powell & D.J. already a lock, I'm guessing this dude
will be on the I.R. or paying his dues in the NBDL. I realize we're trying to shore up
funds and that's good if we're able to keep these guys, but I still feel like we should've
drafted for ourselves and explored more trade scenarios for duds like Sasha, Farmar,
and Luke "Doesn't deserve anything but has the world handed to him" Walton.
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 am

Mitch said there was a deal with New york that if a certain player dropped they wouldn't trade the pick, I wonder who that was.
live and die in LA

Postby Bynum&Gasol on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:06 am

live and die in LA wrote:Mitch said there was a deal with New york that if a certain player dropped they wouldn't trade the pick, I wonder who that was.

My guess is either Maynor or Teague. Too bad we couldn't trade up like alot of other teams
seemed to be able to do. Mitch needs creative management courses. He's basically a
Managerial Accountant playing GM. Typically he's done a great job in the draft, but last
night I feel like he dropped the ball big time. We could've had Blair & Budinger or
Douglas & Budinger. The later of which would've been a non-guaranteed contract.
We could've drafted them, traded Sasha & Farmar for future picks, and just had a
grudge match between Budinger and Sun to see who makes the team. Oh well, I'm
not the Lakers GM, so Mitch must've known what he was doing....props! Hope we
get it done this year!

:jam2:
Hookdt on fonicz werks fer me!
Bynum&Gasol

Postby jimbo327 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Mitch did the right thing. We needed the cash if we are to keep Ariza and Odom and Brown. There's no point in drafting if he is going to sit on the bench, and if we lose one of our free agents.

Besides, our team just won a championship, we have ALL the pieces in place. Now if Mitch can get someone to take Sasha off of our hands, then he should do that...other than that, I don't see much weakness in our lineup.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft