K-Mart's step brother to enter draft

K-Mart's step brother to enter draft

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:35 pm

SI: Colorado guard Richard Roby wants to follow half-brother Kenyon Martin to the NBA, forgoing his final two seasons of eligibility to enter the draft.

Roby, however, won't sign with an agent, allowing him to return to school if he determines he won't go high enough in the June 28 draft.

"I'm fully confident in my abilities and what I can do,'' Roby said. "If I have to come back here I wouldn't be sad. I would come back to a program where the coaches love me and the students love me. So it wouldn't hurt at all.''

Roby, 6-foot-6, averaged 17 points and 5.5 rebounds for the Buffaloes, whose season ended with a home loss in the NIT.

Roby said a decision about his NBA aspirations weighed on him the last several weeks, but he didn't blame that for a late-season swoon.

"It's always been in the back of my mind. You can't help when everybody keeps asking you,'' he said. "I wouldn't say it entirely affected the way I played because even when I was playing well it was still in the back of my mind.''

Roby said he consulted with Martin, who "agreed with this decision. Everybody I talked to really agreed with the decision.''

Martin told The Associated Press this season he wouldn't try to influence Roby's choice.

"I'm going to let him make that decision,'' Martin said. "But no matter what decision he makes, I'm going to be there for him.''
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:02 pm

Richard Roby has great shooting ability (which would be his calling card to the NBA) along with some nice physical attributes such as athleticism, and that would probably make him drafted in the late 1st-early 2nd. Currently he's a bit raw and needs to polish his all-around game, as his ballhandling, defense, focus and mentality all need some sort of improvement. He could really afford to use another year, but if he wants to be drafted anywhere from #20 to #35, he could perhaps stay in.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby slimjim on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:10 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Richard Roby has great shooting ability (which would be his calling card to the NBA) along with some nice physical attributes such as athleticism, and that would probably make him drafted in the late 1st-early 2nd. Currently he's a bit raw and needs to polish his all-around game, as his ballhandling, defense, focus and mentality all need some sort of improvement. He could really afford to use another year, but if he wants to be drafted anywhere from #20 to #35, he could perhaps stay in.

sounds like an extra year or two of college would really help him
slimjim

Postby High IQ on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:45 pm

DO IT MITCH
j/k
High IQ

Postby magicmoment on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 pm

is that him? lol..
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby jminges on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:25 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Richard Roby has great shooting ability (which would be his calling card to the NBA) along with some nice physical attributes such as athleticism, and that would probably make him drafted in the late 1st-early 2nd. Currently he's a bit raw and needs to polish his all-around game, as his ballhandling, defense, focus and mentality all need some sort of improvement. He could really afford to use another year, but if he wants to be drafted anywhere from #20 to #35, he could perhaps stay in.

He's just what Dever needs. And K-Mart has pull in management, as he got DeMarr resigned.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby In The Key on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:37 pm

Reminds me of Rip, but hasn't shown that he can perform at the next level. He averages 17 a game but if he were attending UCONN or Syracuse instead of Colorado, he would have been a lotto pick easily.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Return to NBA 2014 Draft