Morrison to pack on the pounds

Morrison to pack on the pounds

Postby JSM on Wed May 31, 2006 3:38 pm

Real GM: Andrew Perna/RealGM - Mark Bartelstein, Chicago-based agent for players such as Brad Miller, Antoine Walker and Derek Fisher was interviewed by RealGM's Andrew Perna on Wednesday.

On the best/worst case scenarios for Morrison come draft night:

“I try not to get into that too much because so many things can change – trades and things like that. I know it’s biased, but in my opinion I think he’s the best player in this draft. I think he’s going to have a sensational career in the NBA. He’s a very unique player and I think the mistake people make is when they say that someone else has a bigger upside. Adam has a huge upside to his game, he’s a young guy. He’s going to put on another twenty pounds, which is going to make a gigantic difference and he’ll really help him evolve.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Wed May 31, 2006 3:49 pm

SO HE IS GOING TO MORE OF A DIRK THAN A LARRY
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:37 pm

i think the lakers should do whatever they can t get this guy, he would fit great in LA. and he has that passion of the other Gonzaga player on our team
LO7cK35

Postby LUUUKE on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:41 pm

LO7cK35 wrote:i think the lakers should do whatever they can t get this guy, he would fit great in LA. and he has that passion of the other Gonzaga player on our team

i personally think we should stop all the draft talk and get some vets on the team..

no more rookies!!!!!!!!
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:42 pm

LUUUKE wrote:
LO7cK35 wrote:i think the lakers should do whatever they can t get this guy, he would fit great in LA. and he has that passion of the other Gonzaga player on our team

i personally think we should stop all the draft talk and get some vets on the team..

no more rookies!!!!!!!!

That is a good point but we dont have ANY rookies on a level like adam morrison, we have rookies that may be something like in 3-4 years but morrison would give us an impact now and in the future..ya feel me home dawgGGSs!?! :jam2:
LO7cK35

Postby LUUUKE on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:53 pm

LO7cK35 wrote:
LUUUKE wrote:

no more rookies!!!!!!!!

That is a good point but we dont have ANY rookies on a level like adam morrison, we have rookies that may be something like in 3-4 years but morrison would give us an impact now and in the future..ya feel me home dawgGGSs!?! :jam2:

maybe..but he still is a rookie
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:55 pm

If Lakers seriously trade up and get the 4th, I could even imagine that they pick up Morrison if available. I just hope we do NOT pick him up by any chance.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:03 pm

you right luke he still a rookie, and i do agree with u that we need some vets, but having morrison would only help greatly...and KB8 whats good with that??? what you got against morrison. Top player in the draft this year
LO7cK35

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:09 pm

LO7cK35 wrote:you right luke he still a rookie, and i do agree with u that we need some vets, but having morrison would only help greatly...and KB8 whats good with that??? what you got against morrison. Top player in the draft this year

yes but he is a SF. I don´t want an Odom/Morrison forward duo. way too weak defensively. I really hope we either pick a starting PG or get a bigman. If we sign a SF, it should be Rudy Gay who is a physical freak with excellent D.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LO7cK35 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:19 pm

i dont think we have even begun to see what morrison is capable of. the guy will only get better in every aspect. and what he brings to the table, his ability to shoot as well as take it to the hole along with what odom and kobe can do we would be such a versatile team. defensively i honestly believe he will be fine. he has the strength, the passion, and is still very young i do thing he will come around and be a great fit for the lakers alongside odom at the F spots
LO7cK35

Postby silkysmooth_08 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:25 am

i agree..i think he will be good because he knows he isnt the most talented but the other areas of his game rises to compensate..i think his d will need to get better, but with time i dont think he will be a liability..how many times have you heard of guys having all this athleticism and never panning out to their potential..morrison will fit the system well
silkysmooth_08

Postby Sky on Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:46 am

LO7cK35 wrote:i dont think we have even begun to see what morrison is capable of. the guy will only get better in every aspect. and what he brings to the table, his ability to shoot as well as take it to the hole along with what odom and kobe can do we would be such a versatile team. defensively i honestly believe he will be fine. he has the strength, the passion, and is still very young i do thing he will come around and be a great fit for the lakers alongside odom at the F spots

Offensively he can be nails in the triangle. Excellent decision maker, great shooter, reads the floor beautifully. But defensively he's slower than mud in January and will be a total liability. Add 20 pounds and that gets even worse.

This team can no longer afford to keep choosing offense-only players. You can try to claim Moustache's passion and strength will compensate for a woeful lack of speed and agility, but that's grasping at straws. Morrison will be a nightmare defensively.

You guys can't be so head over heels in love with offense that you ignore defense and try to convince yourself he won't be that bad. Add another 20 pounds and he will be that bad. This team needs 2-way players. All matadors should be crossed off the list immediately.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:01 am

Sky wrote:
LO7cK35 wrote:i dont think we have even begun to see what morrison is capable of. the guy will only get better in every aspect. and what he brings to the table, his ability to shoot as well as take it to the hole along with what odom and kobe can do we would be such a versatile team. defensively i honestly believe he will be fine. he has the strength, the passion, and is still very young i do thing he will come around and be a great fit for the lakers alongside odom at the F spots

Offensively he can be nails in the triangle. Excellent decision maker, great shooter, reads the floor beautifully. But defensively he's slower than mud in January and will be a total liability. Add 20 pounds and that gets even worse.

This team can no longer afford to keep choosing offense-only players. You can try to claim Moustache's passion and strength will compensate for a woeful lack of speed and agility, but that's grasping at straws. Morrison will be a nightmare defensively.

You guys can't be so head over heels in love with offense that you ignore defense and try to convince yourself he won't be that bad. Add another 20 pounds and he will be that bad. This team needs 2-way players. All matadors should be crossed off the list immediately.

Morrison I agree is horrible defensively. If he had showed some determination in his college years to improve on his D then I would say we should consider him. (if we somehow got a high enough pick to get him.)

He does have some tools to be a good defender. He does have nice linky arms and some athletic ability. It really determines how good he will be on D by his mindset. However not sure with that high pick we could risk getting a matador on D.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby KB24 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Sky wrote:

exactly my take. :bow:
KB24
Site Admin

Postby TrixR4Kids on Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:52 pm

i do not want morrison at all. if we were to trade the players necessary to move up to #4, only to pick morrison... :hurl: .

if somehow we did get to top four, i would only want one of these four:
aldridge(probably going to be #1 or #2), thomas, gay, or roy
TrixR4Kids

Postby TrixR4Kids on Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:54 pm

that :hurl: was suppose to be the emoticon...
TrixR4Kids

Postby MoneyMike on Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:21 am

KB8@CL wrote:
LO7cK35 wrote:

yes but he is a SF. I don´t want an Odom/Morrison forward duo. way too weak defensively. I really hope we either pick a starting PG or get a bigman. If we sign a SF, it should be Rudy Gay who is a physical freak with excellent D.

isnt that what McKie was brought here for? but i'd rather have Q-Ross or Trenton Hassel :man1:
MoneyMike

Return to NBA 2014 Draft