Nba 2010 Draft Thread

Re: Nba 2010 Draft Thread

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 pm

trodgers wrote:This is just what you want to read about a guy you've drafted:

Negatives: Has had countless issues with his coaches, as he has struggled throughout his career to maintain proper weight, thanks mostly to a poor nutrition program, along with poor work habits...Considered immature and a locker room problem...Feels that he has an entitlement due to his athletic skills and has several highly questionable red flags next to his name...Has a low, deliberate release when facing the basket and shows little desire to play defense (will simply flail his arms and draw fouls rather than get in position to contest shots)...Needs to be monitored constantly off the court and on it, his lack of discipline and poor body language soon impact his and teammates' performance...Poor passer and despite large, soft hands, he's had more than a share of turnovers caused by lackadaisical attitude fielding catchable passes...Undersized for an NBA center and is a better fit as a power forward in a half-court offense...Lacks good basketball IQ...Poor conditioning habits, along with a lack of intensity, will make him a liability on the defensive end...Seems disinterested in finding an open outlet and takes contested shots when better, open shots are available...Doesn't always follow rules and does not take well to hard coaching...After one of his numerous suspensions at Louisville, Caracter was brought back to the team under the urging of his teammates but broke curfew, reportedly twice in the same night, and was dismissed... Needs to become more accountable for his actions and must own up to responsibility if he hopes to make it out of an NBA camp...Disruptive presence whose talents do not outweigh the problems he can cause...Seems disinterested when not involved for long stretches and needs to be more aggressive crashing the offensive boards for put-backs and rebounds...Is caught out of position often and needs to show better confidence using his body to box out...Rare to see him put in any effort to go after the off-target rebounds...Liability shooting from the perimeter and prefers not to touch the ball when out of the paint...Will fight for the rebound if his mind is in the game, but at other times, he passively lets the opponent recover the ball.

Compares To: EDDIE GRIFFIN, ex-Minnesota -- Caracter is talented but could be heading down the same path as Griffin. There's no question Caracter has a tremendous amount of athletic ability, but he needs to be ready to face reality and accept accountability for his actions to stick around in the NBA. With his strength and inside scoring ability, along with his shot-blocking and rebounding skills, someone will bite on his talent. Will he become a true professional, which includes conditioning and year-round commitment to self and team? General manager will have to ask himself before selecting him if the baggage he brings is worth the price of having him on an NBA team.

So basically, he'll fit right in in Denver where he's headed. lol
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby laakers on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 pm

lol good
laakers

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Steez wrote:^^ Fit rights in with the Thuggets... no longer our problem! :)

Sorta ... he now needs to get 3,987,341,600,278 tattoos then he'll fit right in. I guess the Nuggets are trying to kill off George Karl! :man10:
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Steez on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Suns gonna go with Dwayne Collins and that seals the draft.
- Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
Steez

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 pm

That had to be one of the weakest drafts ever, hardly a name I've yeard of in it. As for our pick, won't make the team anyway so who cares.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah he can, but its not like that had to guarantee him a contract. Just pick him up at #58 for Christ's sake. The kid is a legit 6-5 point guard and a good passer. Those don't exactly grow on trees. I'm really dissapointed. He would have been fun to watch in our summer league.

I heard Torrance has a medical red flag due to an irregular heartbeat, and that has caused his stock to tumble. E en if true, picking a guy with late 1st round talent at #58, is still a gamble. Its not like anyone else at #58 is going to help. This guy at least is a first round talent.
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:03 pm

I have a good feeling that Ebanks can make the team. He can provide the team with something it most certainly lacks : athleticism at the wing position.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Ebanks and Torrance. Torrance also has a killer instinct, and a great work ethic. He's a high character kid as well with a high basketball IQ. In fact, Miami was even thinking of taking him as early as the 18th pick in the draft, before the medical red flag on his heart came up. Really dissapointed. Warren is good, but Torrance is so good dribbling with both of his hands. I just don't get it. Who's to say that someone didn't plant that "medical red flag" as a red herring.
LAKEROC

Postby wallangong on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 pm

the fact that we sold our 2nd pick leads me to believe they drafted Ebanks with the intent of giving him a spot. at some point you have to bring some youth in and at least give them a chance to develop. i have no problem at least giving him Ammo's spot, but in addition to the athleticism, he's known for toughness.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Weezy wrote:That had to be one of the weakest drafts ever, hardly a name I've yeard of in it. As for our pick, won't make the team anyway so who cares.

Ebanks actually has a great shot at making the team. The guy was expected to be a first round pick, some projected him as a lottery pick before the season. He has the potential, he is only 20 years old.
live and die in LA

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

live and die in LA wrote:
Weezy wrote:That had to be one of the weakest drafts ever, hardly a name I've yeard of in it. As for our pick, won't make the team anyway so who cares.

Ebanks actually has a great shot at making the team. The guy was expected to be a first round pick, some projected him as a lottery pick before the season. He has the potential, he is only 20 years old.

Yeah I guess you're right, West Virginia was a good team and he seems like a solid player.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby live and die in LA on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Weezy wrote:
live and die in LA wrote:

Yeah I guess you're right, West Virginia was a good team and he seems like a solid player.

All he will be doing is taking Morrison's spot. Playing spot minutes and learning from some of the bests, Kobe and Artest.
live and die in LA

Postby TT24 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Lakers Reporter Mike Trudell:

GM Mitch Kupchak said LA was surprised Ebanks was there at 43. Team envisions him as having a chance to back up Artest at SF.

Kupchak said that in some ways Ebanks could be insurance for Walton, depending on how Luke's back is for next season.

Kupchak said he spoke to Artest about the kid from his area. Thinks the Queens connection and vets in general help a young player.
TT24

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 pm

^ Good sign. I'm actually feel pretty good about the kid. I'm hoping he'll put work in and be a shooter for the team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby halekulani on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:58 pm

kray28 wrote:
laakers wrote:yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We needed a guard, how does this guy help us?

we sign a vet pg
halekulani

Postby oloks_yu on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 pm

Ebanks is a solid pick for us regarding if he make it to the team or not but as a 43rd pick his not bad(who knows he can be the next Ron2 for us).This kid can play better Defense than LUKE and Morrison as a backup forward for the LAKERS and he got some mid-range shooting to, I hope he can make it to the team. I can see a little of Ariza on his game.
oloks_yu

Postby Murdock on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:20 am

GNC wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Xavier Henry to Memphis?

Thought they already had their shooting guard.

their shooting guard will be coming to us :man12:

agree Henry looks like veteran ... so matured kid, great shooter and so far shooters wins more than slashers ... good defender and rebounder ... and his speed and quickness and vertical can be trained there is so much drills on that plus NBA trainers and time and resources ... i think this guy will be really great .. only concern is that he is in memphis and both SG and SF positions are pretty much locked ... but in New Jersey i can imagine him there ...

he reminds me Alan Houston ... great body, strong, and great shooter ...
Murdock

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft