Phil - Looking for 3 shooter/athlete

Postby chug o nomics on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:05 pm

I want to see us get Fred Jones.
"The thing that made push pops good is that you had to work for them. IF YOU WERE WEAK YOU DIDN'T GET ANY."
chug o nomics

Postby mulisha on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:31 pm

KB8@CL wrote:This team had a lot of players that can do nothing but shoot threes.
Wafer, Jimmy, Sasha, Gump, Cook, and Kobe and Smush gunning a lot from downtown. Seriously what we need are athletic defenders, guys that can take it to the rim. :bang:

I hope thats our priority.

So you want James White? :man1: Incredibly athletic and is regarded as a great perimeter defender. He fits the need of the team perfectly. Imagine Banks/Kobe/White defending the perimeter? Fantastic.

Edit: DraftExpress describes him as an excellent perimeter defender who does a little bit of everything in the NBA, and there is still hope he can develop into much more than that.
mulisha

Postby pureuncut100 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:38 pm

Mulisha,

Kobe/ White/ Banks on the perimeter playing defense would be great. From what I have read, White has PG skills. I hear the guy could play PG. Im not saying he is Steve Nash, But I hear he could run an offense like Scottie Pippen or maybe Joe Johnson. White reminds me of Michael Cooper. Coop wouldnt be a bad pick with the 26th pick.
pureuncut100

Postby mulisha on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:49 pm

pureuncut100 wrote:Mulisha,

Kobe/ White/ Banks on the perimeter playing defense would be great. From what I have read, White has PG skills. I hear the guy could play PG. Im not saying he is Steve Nash, But I hear he could run an offense like Scottie Pippen or maybe Joe Johnson. White reminds me of Michael Cooper. Coop wouldnt be a bad pick with the 26th pick.

Well I wouldn't go that far but he has yet to reach his full potential which is always intriguing with someone who is that athletic and is already a good defender.
mulisha

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:38 pm

White is raw. The problem is his game has not improved since ever. He has almost always been the same in the last few years. Never could stand out and be a go-to-guy. Never took any kind of a leadership role. Thats why GMs think he has limited upside. I don´t think he is worth the 26th pick. His hoop IQ and his offense is very limited but if we could get a pick in the early 30s I wouldn´t mind him. At this point I would prefer Quincy Douby (who is athletic, plays point as primary position and fills a gap) or Shannon Brown.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby TrixR4Kids on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:35 am

white never developed at all. he was a huge disappointment in college. however he has amazing athleticism and could be a good role player in the nba. would i pick him as high as 26? no. but you also got to realize that we probably can't pull a starter out of this pick unless we move up, so if management were to feel that white would be a good fit here...
TrixR4Kids

Postby Flatlyner on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:19 am

However much White athleticism intrigues me, we already have a raw athletic talent named Von Wafer.
Flatlyner

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft