powe going pro

powe going pro

Postby kb the assassin on Tue May 23, 2006 12:23 pm

ESPN.com - Cal Power Forward Leon Powe will enter the NBA Draft for good today after hiring Aaron Goodwin, the former agent of LeBron James.

Powe averaged 20.5 points, 10.1 rebounds and lead the Bears to the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Powe is expected to be selected in the mid-late first round, but has hopes of going top-10.
kb the assassin

Re: powe going pro

Postby JSM on Tue May 23, 2006 12:29 pm

kb the assasin wrote:ESPN.com - Cal Power Forward Leon Powe will enter the NBA Draft for good today after hiring Aaron Goodwin, the former agent of LeBron James.

Powe averaged 20.5 points, 10.1 rebounds and lead the Bears to the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Powe is expected to be selected in the mid-late first round, but has hopes of going top-10.

:man10:

Wow, Powe's really delirious. No one will take him with a top 15 pick (maybe not even top 20). I don't care if he has the best workouts of any of the potential NBA'ers or if he wow's people at the Orlando camp. No team that early in the draft will take a chance on a PF who is the size of an SF and has had knee problems already.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Still A Dynasty on Tue May 23, 2006 10:46 pm

i dunno, something tells me that we have made him a promise...

jsm0331 wrote:
kb the assasin wrote:ESPN.com - Cal Power Forward Leon Powe will enter the NBA Draft for good today after hiring Aaron Goodwin, the former agent of LeBron James.

:man10:

Wow, Powe's really delirious. No one will take him with a top 15 pick (maybe not even top 20). I don't care if he has the best workouts of any of the potential NBA'ers or if he wow's people at the Orlando camp. No team that early in the draft will take a chance on a PF who is the size of an SF and has had knee problems already.
Still A Dynasty

Postby eNlight on Tue May 23, 2006 11:15 pm

this guy could be a boozer/brand prototype though
eNlight

Postby JSM on Tue May 23, 2006 11:56 pm

SHOWTIME REVIVAL wrote:i dunno, something tells me that we have made him a promise...

This early, I highly doubt it.
JSM

Postby rscogold on Wed May 24, 2006 1:09 am

i think Powe would be a great value at 26. he lacks height but has a large wingspan. we'd have a solid quartet of young defensive bigs. call me crazy but this is the kind of tweener forward to pair with Odom.

cannot question his heart, determination and work ethic. he's overcome some serious personal tragedy in his youg life. i think the Nets with back-to-back picks should not let him slip by them. he'd be a great fit with the Suns as well.
rscogold

Postby Mr. Sampton on Thu May 25, 2006 1:44 am

Powe is a steal in this draft....He is a BEAST and physically stronger than all PF/C who are being talked about in the first round. He has a 7'2" wingspan, so don't listen to the crap about him being to short for the pf position...he will score and defend and do it well at the nba level.
Mr. Sampton

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri May 26, 2006 6:19 pm

Pretty bad move. This draft is wide open in terms of the mid-1st round, but there is just a plethora of talented players in the 1st round bubble right now, and Powe is really in the midst of it. Personally, I don't even consider him a 1st rounder in this draft, because there are a lot more physically-gifted NBA players with solid skill sets such as Guillermo Diaz, Shawne Williams, Shannon Brown, PJ Tucker, Hassan Adams, Oleksiy Pecherov, Marcus Vinicius, to name a few--who seem to be somewhat more deserving than Powe to be a 1st rounder. In another draft where there is less depth, Powe might be a 1st rounder due to his fundamentals, rebounding, strength and post game, but ultimately his injuries are a red flag and his height (somewhere around the vicinity of 6-7 and 6-8) is really his biggest knock. There are some drafts who even consider him a 50s pick, and some who think he is in the 40s range. In my mock draft I put him at #42 currently, but I certainly don't think he's a first rounder because of the talent around his range, and his height. Paul Millsap, another undersized player like him, even deserves to be drafted higher. It was really a bad move for him to sign an agent, he can become a solid role player but there are many questions surrounding his height and his injuries.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby halekulani on Sat May 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Mr. Sampton wrote:Powe is a steal in this draft....He is a BEAST and physically stronger than all PF/C who are being talked about in the first round. He has a 7'2" wingspan, so don't listen to the crap about him being to short for the pf position...he will score and defend and do it well at the nba level.

his lateral quickness needs a lot of work.
halekulani

Postby JSM on Sat May 27, 2006 4:00 pm

:man10: :man10:

The top 10 hope gets funnier by the day. Draftexpress now has him as the last pick in the entire draft. Why? Horrible...and I mean horrible workouts, being too short, and having knee trouble. Have fun trying to make it to the early 2nd round Powe.
JSM

Return to NBA 2014 Draft