Quincy Douby enters draft

Quincy Douby enters draft

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:25 am

Hoops Hype: Quincy Douby has submitted his letter declaring himself eligible for the 2006 NBA Draft, Douby's high school coach Jack Ringel told HoopsHype.com. "He will not sign with an agent," Ringel said. Douby apparently changed his mind during the weekend. Ringel told HoopsHype.com last Friday that the 6-3 guard had "decided to complete his education and continue his career at Rutgers."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:32 am

I really like this kid. I think we should think about snagging him in the second round. We can really use a great shooter like him off the bench.

I'd love it if we got either Marcus Williams/Hassan Adams in the first round and either Quincy Douby/James White in the second.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby bhatta on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:07 am

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the next Wesley Person. He has no defensive abilities and would be a good fit for any team looking for a guy that is a lights out shooter but little else.

His problem is that he didn't gain weight or improve his body in college, and is now at the point where most don't feel like he can get any bigger. He's not particularly quick, either, so he's a small SG that can't play defense and is going to get banged around by bigger players.

I worry for him .. some teams might be willing to take a flier on him in the second round, but I don't think I'd like him on the Lakers. Just doesn't have the body or athletic ability I would like to see.

But, knowing Mitch and Phil's affinity for shooters, I bet he's already on their draft board ..
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:47 pm

Yeah, he's pretty much a one-dimensional scorer tailor-made for the NBA, that's probably what bumps him into the 1st round considering the fact that many playoff teams/championship-caliber teams want an NBA-ready contributor who can provide them with the one attribute they need. Shooting and scoring is not exactly at a premium, but Douby can be a nice pick considering that scoring is an NBA-ready aspect of his and he can also handle the ball and play able defense. He can be a sleeper if he really develops his playmaking skills as well. He's probably still a late 1st rounder when all is said and done.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby eNlight on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 pm

i think novak on our squad is a better fit or even pitsnoogle. they both can hit three's, ROBERt horry anyone?
eNlight

Return to NBA 2014 Draft