J.J. REDDICK

J.J. REDDICK

Postby MASTER KOBIWAN JNOBI on Mon May 29, 2006 12:58 pm

i think that jj is that deadeye shooter that we need. how far down does he drop? if we can satisfy our needs in free agency and via trades i think he'd be a good pick for our particular situation as long as we stay at our current draft postion.
GET RID OF SMUSH!!!!!!! DAMN HE IS GARBAGE!!!! HE IS NOT LAKER MATERIAL!!!! THROW HIM IN THE TAR PITS!!!!!
MASTER KOBIWAN JNOBI

Postby High IQ on Mon May 29, 2006 1:00 pm

draft section? :man3:
High IQ

Postby nicehair911 on Mon May 29, 2006 1:01 pm

We already have "Dead-eye" shooters. Sasha, Cook, Jermaine Jones, Kareem Rush..oh wait.
nicehair911

Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby the MDE on Mon May 29, 2006 1:04 pm

I like JJ. He reminds me of Kobe actually. But we already have Sasha and Cook - all they do is shoot 3's. Or we could just sign Kareem Rush instead of getting Redick.
"When I do come back in shape and physically fit and focused, I don't think there should be anything that's going to stop me" - Lamar Odom
the MDE

Postby LucasWhite on Mon May 29, 2006 1:05 pm

Yeah, maybe we could trade all of those guys for Redick. The only problem is the other team wouldn't do that because they would be getting screwed.
LucasWhite

Postby GuRu on Mon May 29, 2006 1:14 pm

God would I love Reddick (for personal reasons known to some on this site).

But alas, we have more pressing needs and the situation likely isnt right. He wont be there at 26, and we dont need to waste our limited trade commodities on acquiring him.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby MASTER KOBIWAN JNOBI on Mon May 29, 2006 1:36 pm

GuRu wrote:God would I love Reddick (for personal reasons known to some on this site).

But alas, we have more pressing needs and the situation likely isnt right. He wont be there at 26, and we dont need to waste our limited trade commodities on acquiring him.

you are probably right about us not needing to waste our trade pieces on him but he'd help out alot. the thing about our shooters is that they cant headfake then drive, jj can. our shooters consist of sasha, and cook. neither one of those guys can counter the defense once they commit to their shooting motion. in our offense you have got to be more of a threat in order to have the proper floor spacing for the equal oppurtunity offense to work.
GET RID OF SMUSH!!!!!!! DAMN HE IS GARBAGE!!!! HE IS NOT LAKER MATERIAL!!!! THROW HIM IN THE TAR PITS!!!!!
MASTER KOBIWAN JNOBI

Postby LUUUKE on Mon May 29, 2006 5:00 pm

jj reddick>sasha
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby slimjim on Mon May 29, 2006 5:16 pm

initially i did want the lakers to draft reddick... but now that i think about it... not so much....

he is an undersized sg basically... who would have to play PG in the nba... but he has no pg skills... really weak defender... not athletic... and has done really bad in workouts... all he can do is shoot...

best case scenario... he will become a solid 6th man off the bench for a championship team...

one demensional undersized shooter who can't play defence... i'll pass

we have sasha... who at least has nba experience... plays agressive... and was amazing in the PHX series... he is improving

playoffs is what makes a player... and sasha has shown he is ready...

don't get me wrong... i'd love JJ in a lakers uniform as the steve kerr role... but i don't think we should waste a pick on him if we decide to trade up...(we are better off drafting a tall pg who can play starting PG in a few years)

if we do not trade up and he is there at 26(slim chance)... we definetely should take him...
slimjim

Postby eNlight on Mon May 29, 2006 8:09 pm

GUYS ITS REDICK!

and he's a luxury player for those that need him on the bench. he's kapono.
eNlight

Postby flexxdzl on Mon May 29, 2006 11:05 pm

He can be a camp invite
flexxdzl

Postby LukeWalton on Tue May 30, 2006 8:11 am

Steve Novak
LukeWalton

Postby Sky on Tue May 30, 2006 11:56 am

Some reports claim Redick won't drop past Orlando and if he does then Utah will take him. Fine by me. No more gunner matadors for this team. Two's enough.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Re: J.J. REDDICK

Postby GCMD on Tue May 30, 2006 12:27 pm

MASTER KOBIWAN JNOBI wrote:i think that jj is that deadeye shooter that we need. how far down does he drop? if we can satisfy our needs in free agency and via trades i think he'd be a good pick for our particular situation as long as we stay at our current draft postion.

no...
GCMD

Re: J.J. REDDICK

Postby LUUUKE on Tue May 30, 2006 4:43 pm

GameCockMD wrote:
MASTER KOBIWAN JNOBI wrote:i think that jj is that deadeye shooter that we need. how far down does he drop? if we can satisfy our needs in free agency and via trades i think he'd be a good pick for our particular situation as long as we stay at our current draft postion.

no...

if he falls to 26..

maybe its fate and the lakers should just draft em..
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby trodgers on Tue May 30, 2006 6:04 pm

I like the upside of Sefolosha, et alia, before Reddick, but he can probably make a strong first season performance as offense off the bench.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Mr. Sampton on Tue May 30, 2006 9:03 pm

Sefolsha is an interesting player...possible shutdown defender, long at 6-7, gives outstanding effort BUT/ POSSIBLY CAN'T SHOOT!!!! Let's go with the total package and I am not talking about J.J. Redick....Yes he is "lights out" when it comes to shooting but he is a liability on D....and when he is manned up against big time defenders, he can be SHUTDOWN (for example: LSU game when he got shut down by a young future potential pro who is a FRESHMAN!!!) DOUBY is everything that Redick is but can't be stopped and will drive by defenders if they play him to aggressively. He also defends (needs to gain wait though) or Shannon Brown (not the shooter Reddick or Douby is but he can shoot and his defense and strength is extremely advanced)....oh and one more thing...if we can trade up and get ROY...Instant Championship contenders!
Mr. Sampton

Postby trodgers on Tue May 30, 2006 9:17 pm

Sefolosha worked hard on his shot...effective this past season. 40+% from Euro 3.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Mr. Sampton on Tue May 30, 2006 9:30 pm

I read that, but again I said possibly...I have read articles that he is learning to shoot and did improve this year...but why not go with what we see and not what we read about...Shannon Brown, Douby and Roy all play defense and can shoot...Sefolsha is taller but seems kind of 6manish...the other 3 I mentioned are future starters and may be able to start in 06-07......Sefolsha will be behind Sasha or Banks (if we get him)for two years (especially if it turns out he can't shoot).
Mr. Sampton

Postby trodgers on Tue May 30, 2006 9:57 pm

Mr. Sampton wrote:I read that, but again I said possibly...I have read articles that he is learning to shoot and did improve this year...but why not go with what we see and not what we read about...Shannon Brown, Douby and Roy all play defense and can shoot...Sefolsha is taller but seems kind of 6manish...the other 3 I mentioned are future starters and may be able to start in 06-07......Sefolsha will be behind Sasha or Banks (if we get him)for two years (especially if it turns out he can't shoot).

Sefolosha would probably be a SF in the NBA.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Mr. Sampton on Tue May 30, 2006 10:21 pm

I see him being more of a 2 than a 3....Too light right now to be a three...I thought combo guard was the discussion...this thread started by mentioning Reddick...we'll see what happens...
Mr. Sampton

Postby KB24 on Wed May 31, 2006 1:52 am

We have other priorities...
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Sky on Wed May 31, 2006 8:50 am

Douby reportedly has a promise from the Bulls at 16. Ego player anyway, check this out from Draft X:

Douby is a very dominant offensive player who appears to need the ball in his hands excessively to be most effective, since almost everything he does here comes off the dribble. It’s hard to evaluate him too seriously in the system he played at at Rutgers because of the talent gap between him and his teammates and the role he was forced to play to give his team any chance to win in the murderers row known as the Big East, but there were many concerning signs at various points of the season here. He has a tendency to over-dribble the ball excessively, killing the ball-movement of his team, forcing the issue and being fairly turnover prone because of the sheer volume of shots he is forced to create every game. His shot-selection can be questionable at times, taking tough, contested shots early in possessions.

His body language in the context of his team’s offense can be very questionable at times, especially last season and early on this year. When his teammates wouldn’t pass him the ball and clear out the floor for him he would sometimes clap his hands incessantly at them and demand the ball, or get frustrated when things don’t go his way. In his sophomore year this was especially evident, as Rutgers’ entire team seemed to have little chemistry and players (including Douby) were either leaving the program or heavily considering doing so. You would see Douby moping up and down the court with a scowl on his face, and there were constant rumors of problems he had with the Rutgers coaching staff.

Chicago can have him.
Sky
Clublakers Analyst

Postby bumrusherer on Wed May 31, 2006 8:58 am

LukeWalton wrote:Steve Novak

= Redick injected with HGH
bumrusherer

Douby reportedly has a promise from the Bulls at 16. Ego pla

Postby Mr. Sampton on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:49 am

I read that as well but keep in mind he played with nobody at Rutgers. He could be a Steve Kerr type player with more athleticism, or better yet, a consistent Smush who can shoot.
Mr. Sampton

Next

Return to NBA 2014 Draft