rudy gay or adam morrison as the #1 pick next year?

rudy gay or adam morrison as the #1 pick?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:02 pm

rudy gay
55%
adam morrison
27%
other
17%

Total votes : 29

rudy gay or adam morrison as the #1 pick next year?

Postby live and die in LA on Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:02 pm

because i cant really make a decision.

morrison is the 6-8 sweet shooting all around player, people have compared him to larry bird.

rudy gay is the 6-9 high flying dunker also equipped with a jumpshot, people have compared him to scottie pippen.
live and die in LA

Postby LakersCourt on Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:15 pm

I'd rather have Greg Oden than both of them, but your have to go with Rudy Gay here. He is just too good not to be a #1 pick. Other than he and Morrison,its going to be a sh-t draft because of the fact no high schoolers.
LakersCourt

Postby lakerfool on Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:53 pm

interesting

from the one game assessment of each

Morrison has a much more polished. i don't know why, but his offense (besides passing) reminds me of steve nash when he drives in, doing all these crazy spin layins

but on the other hand

athletically, Gay is SUPERIOR to Morrison..I think it matters who is picking..if you are the hawks picking number one, you pick Morrison, b/c you already have that "potential" player and athletic freak in Marv Williams

if you are TOR, you pick the athletic freak b/c, well, he's an athletic freak :man10:

but to tell you the truth, atlanta really shouldn't be picking anymore swingmen, so they better snatch Aldridge
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby live and die in LA on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:29 pm

lakerfool wrote:interesting

Morrison has a much more polished. i don't know why, but his offense (besides passing) reminds me of steve nash when he drives in, doing all these crazy spin layins

but on the other hand

athletically, Gay is SUPERIOR to Morrison..I think it matters who is picking..if you are the hawks picking number one, you pick Morrison, b/c you already have that "potential" player and athletic freak in Marv Williams

if you are TOR, you pick the athletic freak b/c, well, he's an athletic freak :man10:

but to tell you the truth, atlanta really shouldn't be picking anymore swingmen, so they better snatch Aldridge

you probably think morrison reminds you of steve nash because of the hair :man10:
live and die in LA

Postby Iceberg Slim on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:22 pm

The NBA thrives off athletisicism. Therefore, whoever has the 1st pick, they are picking Rudy Gay. Simple as that.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:38 pm

To be honest matter who gets the number 1 pick.

If Toronto gets it then I suspect they will get Rudy Gay.

If Atlanta gets it then neither will be number 1 it will be J.J Reddick. Atl has too and I mean too many swingman.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:50 pm

I'm still in awe from seeing Rudy on Thursday against my Minutemen. That kid can fly.
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat

Postby lakerfool on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:17 pm

live and die in LA wrote:
lakerfool wrote:interesting

but on the other hand

you probably think morrison reminds you of steve nash because of the hair :man10:

SO!!!

no but seriously, besides the passing, everytime i see morrison, i see him drive in and shoot at all these odd angles, just like nash does..it's a wierd comparison..iono

i like what i saw of morrison a lot

I'd truly take Aldridge over both

actually, if i was TOR,i'd take Aldridge as an insurance policy in the case that Bosh leaves, or trade Bosh to LA for ODom :man1:

c aLdridge
PF Villa
SFjalen
SG mopete
pg Odom :man10:

i'm kidding, but i'd truly take aldridge over both
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby GuRu on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:12 am

Dont be so quick to assume Gay or Morrison are locks for number one. Id there is anything the NBA values over sheer athleticism, its size.

It really depends on how his season progresses, but dont sleep on guys like Lemarcus Aldridge, Josh Boone, Julian Wright, and Shelden Williams.

With the new age limit, the draft is weaker, but I really think its only limited by removing a number of High School entries with "potential". There si still much talent and depth at this draft.

Look out for these guys:

DJ White - Indiana
Daniel Gibson - Texas (love this guy)
Justin gray - Wake
Curtis Sumpter - Villanova (really high on this guy)
Pops Mensah-Bonsu - George Washington
Dee Brown - Illinois

Lastly, I dont see JJ going top 10. But he'll contribute on a team, no doubt.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby KB24 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:02 am

Good list GuRu.
IMO my current mock looks like this
1.Gay
2.Aldridge
3 Morrison
4.Josh Boone

And I think Sheldon Williams is a top 10 pick. Somewhere. Would he be 6-11 instead of 6-9 IMO he would be a top 3 pick.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GuRu on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:06 am

KB8@CL wrote:And I think Sheldon Williams is a top 10 pick. Somewhere. Would he be 6-11 instead of 6-9 IMO he would be a top 3 pick.

Elton Brand anyone? :man9:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby KB24 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:07 am

GuRu wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:And I think Sheldon Williams is a top 10 pick. Somewhere. Would he be 6-11 instead of 6-9 IMO he would be a top 3 pick.

Elton Brand anyone? :man9:
:man9:
Size means crap when you see how Elton Brand is playing but for GMs and scouts great size is always something that catches great attention.
BTW Brand plays Duncan tonight and am I the only one who believes Brand has a better year and will outplay Duncan?
I think Clippers lose but I think Brand will outplay Duncan. Parker vs. Alien is going to be like Parker and his slow motion :man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 am

I'd pick as #1 pick Rudy G. Altough Morrison is rolling high this season and shooting well, I'd still say that Rudy is gonna be #1. I see more potential in him then in Morrison...
Lamarcus Aldrige - he's the one who can get into "battle" for first pick. But I don't to be drafted #1 is most important thing, important is to be with good coaches, where you can alongside em develop the game.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Real Deal on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:52 am

Morrison is your poor man's Larry Bird (right now, anyways). He's a young kid with old legs, but he can hit shots from anywhere on the floor, and he comes through in the clutch and has the ability to create for other players. He looks like he belongs in the 80's, really...

I'd pick Morrison over Gay. However, it all depends on the team...and if it's the Hawks, and it was between these two, it's best to go with Morrison.
Real Deal

Postby balling_nerd on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:00 pm

I remember one white dude from a college team
last season and I think he's still playing and
OMG, the kid did not missed a 3pter in
front of my eyes for like a month
I saw couple colege games every Saturday
and that kid was cold in 3's,
he was probably the top-50 :bow: :jam2: shooters in the
basketball history. Period............
And I ain't playin with yaa
Can anyone tell me his name??
People throw cups at me...
I smile at them..
balling_nerd

Postby Real Deal on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:57 pm

balling_nerd wrote:I remember one white dude from a college team

If you aren't talking about Redick, maybe you're thinking McNamara.
Real Deal

Postby slimjim on Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:42 pm

balling_nerd wrote:I remember one white dude from a college team

the college he goes to would be helpful :freak2:
slimjim

Postby JSM on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:45 pm

I think it really depends on the team and what they need. If the team is in a dire need of a big, they might take one of the four that Guru listed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers tried to trade up to get Morrison, Bird 2.0. I doubt they could though, unless they trade Artest to the Hawks or Raptors and get their #1 pick.

Like I said earlier though, it's just all about what the team is looking for. If they want an athletic SF, they take Gay.

If a team wants one of the best shooters that the league has seen in a long time, they will take Morrison.

Personally, I'd take Morrison. Athletic SFs come a dime a dozen, there is at least 2-3 very good ones in every draft. But I haven't witnessed a player in college or HS with as smooth of a stroke as Morrison has, those type shooters come a long a lot less often.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:12 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Good list GuRu.
1.Gay
2.Aldridge
3 Morrison
4.Josh Boone

And I think Sheldon Williams is a top 10 pick. Somewhere. Would he be 6-11 instead of 6-9 IMO he would be a top 3 pick.

If Josh Boone gets picked forth overall, that will be by far the worst choice in NBA draft history. He has no offensive game what so ever, and his great defense and shot blocking ability doesn't even put him in the top 50 in the country. I'll admit, I thought Villanueva was a bad pick, but atleast I saw a chance in him having talent. I don't even think Josh Boone should be a first round pick.
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat

Postby dugdug on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:04 pm

strikemode14 wrote:To be honest matter who gets the number 1 pick.

If Toronto gets it then I suspect they will get Rudy Gay.

If Atlanta gets it then neither will be number 1 it will be J.J Reddick. Atl has too and I mean too many swingman.

JJ REDDICK AS #1 PICK!?!?
WOW, HOOK UP THAT REEFFER UR SMOKING

aha
in all seriousness though rudy b number 1 cause like said before
the nba strives on athleticism (sp?) dude adam n jj cant even D right in college how the heck tehy gon do that in the L
dugdug

Postby In The Key on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:19 pm

If Adam Morrison goes first, it'll be the first time in NBA history since way back when that two unathletic white boys get picked first overall. But really, Adam is a very good player, but look for Andrea Bargani to rise in stock, guys a very solid player from what I've heard. Rudy Gay goes first.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby Camilo on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:13 am

I vote for Adam Morrison becuase I've been watching Pardon the Interuption 2 much and they always talk about him! I mean look at his stats

38.9 min
28.5 ppg
6.00 rpg
1.40 apg
1.80 spg

Gonzaga's record 6-2
Camilo

Postby Camilo on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:15 am

I also think Rudy Gay is overrated!
Camilo

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:50 pm

dugdug wrote: dude adam n jj cant even D right in college how the heck tehy gon do that in the L

He probably won't be able to play any D, but that won't prevent him from being a great player. Dirk doesn't play D, yet he's one of the best players in the league. The same could be said about Nash and he was last year's MVP.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:22 pm

DWadeIsGod03 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:Good list GuRu.
1.Gay
2.Aldridge
3 Morrison
4.Josh Boone

If Josh Boone gets picked forth overall, that will be by far the worst choice in NBA draft history. He has no offensive game what so ever, and his great defense and shot blocking ability doesn't even put him in the top 50 in the country. I'll admit, I thought Villanueva was a bad pick, but atleast I saw a chance in him having talent. I don't even think Josh Boone should be a first round pick.

boone really is overrated, you are right in that he doesnt have an offensive game. he still will be a first round pick tho , he plays good D. i see him as a jamal magloire type player.
live and die in LA

Next

Return to NBA 2014 Draft