Rush will return to Kansas

Rush will return to Kansas

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:25 am

Lawrence Journal World: Kansas University freshman Brandon Rush backed up the words he uttered after KU's defeat to Bradley last month, saying Tuesday that he would indeed return for his sophomore season instead of leaving Lawrence for the NBA draft.

"I'm still staying," Rush told reporters, after winning team MVP honors at KU basketball's postseason awards banquet held at the Kansas Union.

"I feel pretty good about it," said Rush -- who said he was eager to return for a chance to win a national championship, despite learning that he would likely be a late first or early second round pick.

Jayhawk coach Bill Self, who provided Rush with information from NBA sources on his likely draft status, was once again happy to hear Rush reiterate that he would return for his sophomore campaign. "That's great news," Self said.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby eNlight on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:31 pm

relation with kareem and jaron ?
eNlight

Postby In The Key on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:09 pm

eNlight wrote:relation with kareem and jaron ?

Yup yup.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 pm

I don't know if there's a correlation here, but all of the Rush brothers seem to have problems with work ethic.

JaRon was an extremely talented sophomore coming out of UCLA, but he went undrafted because there were a lot of questions about that aforementioned work ethic.

Kareem was recently chided by Bernie Bickerstaff, and even cut by the Bobcats, because of what seemed to be that lack of work ethic. Even when he was with the Lakers, Phil put in his book that Kareem needed to "take basketball as a serious profession."

Brandon also had problems of a lax work ethic coming out of high school, but unlike both of his brothers, I believe he is much more talented and will stay in the league for a long time. He's already played well and assumed a lead role for Kansas this season but has the superior athleticism and the shooting ability--combining essentially what was both of his brother's games to one. I think he needs another year to fine-tune his game and show his killer instinct, but even if he entered the draft this year I would consider him a pick from #18-28. I definitely do not consider him a 2nd rounder, I don't know where he's getting that information from.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby eNlight on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:22 pm

i think he should stay until his junior year :man11:
eNlight

Postby jminges on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:05 pm

I wasn't really impressed with him at all this year. He should've gone in 05 with all the hype.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby Inglewood's Finest on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:14 pm

yeh wasnt he gonna enter last years draft
ImageMagicBryant32-propz for sig!! laker1,makveli,HitEmUp,InThe Key,Shizz,xXAsGrEaTAs8 Xx,Ballin,GUnit,Flipogb,TheKobeEra 2K5,KobeistheGreatest1,Showtime.Revival.05Ruffryder,8,Balla4life,High IQ,Hype,Caron1,LakerChamp04,Lfan36,JbOi112,mkv14,apexed,ahaider,camilo
Inglewood's Finest

Postby Unphony Phranchise on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:38 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:I don't know if there's a correlation here, but all of the Rush brothers seem to have problems with work ethic.

JaRon was an extremely talented sophomore coming out of UCLA, but he went undrafted because there were a lot of questions about that aforementioned work ethic.

Kareem was recently chided by Bernie Bickerstaff, and even cut by the Bobcats, because of what seemed to be that lack of work ethic. Even when he was with the Lakers, Phil put in his book that Kareem needed to "take basketball as a serious profession."

Brandon also had problems of a lax work ethic coming out of high school, but unlike both of his brothers, I believe he is much more talented and will stay in the league for a long time. He's already played well and assumed a lead role for Kansas this season but has the superior athleticism and the shooting ability--combining essentially what was both of his brother's games to one. I think he needs another year to fine-tune his game and show his killer instinct, but even if he entered the draft this year I would consider him a pick from #18-28. I definitely do not consider him a 2nd rounder, I don't know where he's getting that information from.

I thought they tested for marijuana in the league..........
:bspn: :soap:
Unphony Phranchise

Return to NBA 2014 Draft