Scenario I Came Up With:

Scenario I Came Up With:

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:35 pm

Quoted from LG, off the assumption that Boston and Chicago are talking a 7 for 16 + Duhon swap from DraftX earlier today

Emplay and I were talking about this rumored Duhon + 16 for 7 swap and I applied it to LA, came up with something - hear me out *WARNING - Cleva, do not spontaneously combust with excitement upon reading this*

Ok, so assuming 1 and 4 swap, the draft starts off as such:

1. Morrison

at 2, with a deal in place with Boston and LA, Chicago selected Aldridge or Roy for LA. For arguements sake, lets say Roy was smoke and Chicago takes Aldridge at 2.

3. Rudy Gay

4. Bargnani

5. Roy (for Houston at 8.)

6. This whole thing depends on what happens here, but lets say Minnesota passes on Tyrus and takes Foye, who they apparently like. Or even Marcus Williams. Ok, lets say they take Foye.

7. After dealing this pick to move down to 16 for Sergio Rodriguez, who Ive personally been told Boston loves, Chicago now has the pick. Tyrus Thomas, who they coveted at 2, is still available. Chicago takes Tyrus Thomas at 7, and pats themselves on the back.

8. Shelden Williams (for ATL)

9. O'Bryant

10 on - who cares

Now, Chicago then turns around and deals Aldridge, Songalia and Duhon (who we know is on the block because of his reported involvement in the Boston deal) to LA for Odom, Mihm, ____ (McKie, Cook, whoever). So not only do the Bulls get the player they initially liked at 2 (Tyrus Thomas), they also get the Lamar Odom package from LA that they wouldve got if they had traded that pick. Chicago ends up a big winner, with Tyrus, Odom, Mihm, whoever. Which at first seemed mutually exclusive, but due to a series of shakeups between 3 and 6, is now possible.

Eric questioned how LA would feel about this deal, but thinking about it, its genius. Assuming they are ready to unload LO, they get a young cornerstone big to pair with Bynum in LaMarcus Aldridge. They get a player they have reportedly liked for a while in Songalia (basically equivalent to whatever quality wing player they can get for Mihm). All the while addressing the PG problem and adding Duhon. Most importantly, they clear cap space for a 2008 run at whoever (insert LBJ theories here). I think it makes too much sense for either LA or Chicago to pass up.

Finally, Boston moves down and lets assume gets 16 and 26, maybe a player from either team. They take Rodriguez, and add a vet from either LA or Chicago. No idea who they would like at 26, but for wanting to move out of the 7 pick and take Rodriguez, thats a succesful move for them as well, and one Im almost positive they would make.

So how do yall feel about this? I think everyone comes out happy, but unfortunately Im guessing LA isnt smart enough to pull the trigger. It might set us back a little next season, but in the long run its a brilliant move.

LA gets: Aldridge/Songalia/Duhon/Cap Space
Chi gets: Tyrus/Odom/Mihm/Cook
Boston gets: Rodriguez/a vet from either team/26

Thoughts?
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby Flatlyner on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:47 pm

I don't see Boston as getting equal value in this trade. They are getting shafted.
Flatlyner

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:51 pm

Not true. Ive been told personally by Boston that their board is 1. Morrison 2. Marcus 3. Sergio Rodriguez. Granted this was a few weeks ago and they may like new players now, but the possibility of trading down for Rodriguez came from their end, not mine. I didnt even know who the guy was until then. If they dont value the 7 pick as much and cant get Morrison, a trade down is VERY realistic. The key would be getting Chicago to give up Sweetney or someone like that to Boston.
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby live and die in LA on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:04 pm

the only thing i would worry about is can Aldridge make an immediate impact for us? we would be left with this:

pg- duhon/smush
sg- kobe/sasha/ LLE
sf- walton/ MLE
pf- aldridge/cook/turiaf
c- kwame/ bynum

as far as offense its not a very good lineup, but we would improve defensively.
live and die in LA

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:24 pm

Not sure, and while its definitely a small step back this season, the resulting cap space will propel LA to the top of the league if used wisely, not to mention a great young core of Duhon, Bynum, Aldridge. Add a few vets, pair Kobe with someone we can sign in 08, and thats a perfect mix right there. I just dont think management has the vision or motivation to move Odom to do this
Da Veinticuatro

Re: Scenario I Came Up With:

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:30 pm

Da Veinticuatro wrote:Quoted from LG, off the assumption that Boston and Chicago are talking a 7 for 16 + Duhon swap from DraftX earlier today

Emplay and I were talking about this rumored Duhon + 16 for 7 swap and I applied it to LA, came up with something - hear me out *WARNING - Cleva, do not spontaneously combust with excitement upon reading this*

1. Morrison

at 2, with a deal in place with Boston and LA, Chicago selected Aldridge or Roy for LA. For arguements sake, lets say Roy was smoke and Chicago takes Aldridge at 2.

3. Rudy Gay

4. Bargnani

6. This whole thing depends on what happens here, but lets say Minnesota passes on Tyrus and takes Foye, who they apparently like. Or even Marcus Williams. Ok, lets say they take Foye.

7. After dealing this pick to move down to 16 for Sergio Rodriguez, who Ive personally been told Boston loves, Chicago now has the pick. Tyrus Thomas, who they coveted at 2, is still available. Chicago takes Tyrus Thomas at 7, and pats themselves on the back.

9. O'Bryant

10 on - who cares

Now, Chicago then turns around and deals Aldridge, Songalia and Duhon (who we know is on the block because of his reported involvement in the Boston deal) to LA for Odom, Mihm, ____ (McKie, Cook, whoever). So not only do the Bulls get the player they initially liked at 2 (Tyrus Thomas), they also get the Lamar Odom package from LA that they wouldve got if they had traded that pick. Chicago ends up a big winner, with Tyrus, Odom, Mihm, whoever. Which at first seemed mutually exclusive, but due to a series of shakeups between 3 and 6, is now possible.

Eric questioned how LA would feel about this deal, but thinking about it, its genius. Assuming they are ready to unload LO, they get a young cornerstone big to pair with Bynum in LaMarcus Aldridge. They get a player they have reportedly liked for a while in Songalia (basically equivalent to whatever quality wing player they can get for Mihm). All the while addressing the PG problem and adding Duhon. Most importantly, they clear cap space for a 2008 run at whoever (insert LBJ theories here). I think it makes too much sense for either LA or Chicago to pass up.

Finally, Boston moves down and lets assume gets 16 and 26, maybe a player from either team. They take Rodriguez, and add a vet from either LA or Chicago. No idea who they would like at 26, but for wanting to move out of the 7 pick and take Rodriguez, thats a succesful move for them as well, and one Im almost positive they would make.

So how do yall feel about this? I think everyone comes out happy, but unfortunately Im guessing LA isnt smart enough to pull the trigger. It might set us back a little next season, but in the long run its a brilliant move.

Thoughts?

So I am guessing you found this and not thought it up...becuase if you thought it up then what the crap are you getting mad at me for???

Anyways whatever...I like this in a way...I think it would be cool if we could get Eric too somehow...maybe a contract or sign-and-trade in the deal and we add DG with McKie to the deal or something...

This is alright for the Lakers to do in my opinion...Although I am now thinking though that maybe they should just draft at where they are and then talk to Chicago about trade draft rights and even throwing in like DG to the deal or something....then we still keep Odom and get Roy or Aldridge or whoever we want if that worked so....

But I don't know...since non of us are mitch we can't do anything so....whatever....
Last edited by The Laker Link on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Laker Link

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:38 pm

Da Veinticuatro wrote:Not sure, and while its definitely a small step back this season, the resulting cap space will propel LA to the top of the league if used wisely, not to mention a great young core of Duhon, Bynum, Aldridge. Add a few vets, pair Kobe with someone we can sign in 08, and thats a perfect mix right there. I just dont think management has the vision or motivation to move Odom to do this

Here's a question for you Caron....

If we freed up that space...wouldn't we be able to use that room this year and next year along with '08???

Like why not go get like Ely and some other people with like little contracts or something over the next few years and then make sure we have about 20+ million dollars by '08 so we can go get someone like Dirk or something.

Wouldn't that work in a way? Get some little people with little contracts...get some freed space by '08 to get Dirk but have biult up a decent team along the way with people like Ely?, Profit, JJ, Rush, Gooden?, and others...

We could be you know a team that gets to like the 2nd Round this year and loses, then the year after get to maybe WCF and lose, and then get Dirk and go on a major championship run for the next few years until Dirk and Kobe get tired and quit and stuff...

But it doesn't have to happen that way...we don't have to get to each of those rounds and lose...I am just kind of thinking up a senerio that might be likely or something...

I don't know maybe it is just me thinking...

Whatever...
The Laker Link

Postby SWOL on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:40 pm

SORRY CUARTO, PERO, THE LAKERS ARE GETTING BENT OVER BACKWARDS, WHILE I DO FEEL MITCH IS STUPID ENOUGH TO HAD LIKE THIS, I DONT THINK BUSS OR THE FANS OF L.A. WOULD LET THAT ONE SLIDE.

WHY NOT TRADE BYNUM AND MIHM FOR 7

DRAFT EITHER RUDY GAY OR RONNIE BREWER AT 7
OR TRADE BACK WITH ORLANDO WHO DESPERATLY WANTS TO TRADE UP, TAKE ARROYO AND 11
DRAFT BREWER OR CARNEY AT 11
DRAFT GUILLERMO DIAZ OR KYLE LOWRY AT 26
USE THE MLE ON MELIN ELY

AAROYO / DIAZ
KOBE / SASHA
BREWER / LUKE
ODOM / ELY
KWAME / ELY
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Re: Scenario I Came Up With:

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:35 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
Da Veinticuatro wrote:Quoted from LG, off the assumption that Boston and Chicago are talking a 7 for 16 + Duhon swap from DraftX earlier today

1. Morrison

3. Rudy Gay

4. Bargnani

9. O'Bryant

10 on - who cares

Thoughts?

So I am guessing you found this and not thought it up...becuase if you thought it up then what the crap are you getting mad at me for???

Anyways whatever...I like this in a way...I think it would be cool if we could get Eric too somehow...maybe a contract or sign-and-trade in the deal and we add DG with McKie to the deal or something...

This is alright for the Lakers to do in my opinion...Although I am now thinking though that maybe they should just draft at where they are and then talk to Chicago about trade draft rights and even throwing in like DG to the deal or something....then we still keep Odom and get Roy or Aldridge or whoever we want if that worked so....

But I don't know...since non of us are mitch we can't do anything so....whatever....

I dont "get mad at you", I find your posts hard to read, nonsensical, gramatically horrendous, usually worthless and lack any substance or rational thought. Which is fine, several people do this, my issue is how you continue to do it after everyone tells you to chill.

I cant really respond to you because honestly I have no idea what you are saying with the way you phrase sentences and and ............s and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!s.
Da Veinticuatro

Postby KB24 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:20 pm

To be really honest its a tough decision. I do not deny that Duhon and Aldridge are very good players but Odom now has some chemistry with Kobe, some triangle experience. Can we just trade him and continue to rebuild with Kobe´s prime clock ticking down? I´m not sure. I do not think that Minny will pick Foye because he is not worth the 6th pick. We will see tho, interesting scenario

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Return to NBA 2014 Draft