Sheldon Williams

Sheldon Williams

Postby Questionmark on Mon May 29, 2006 11:09 am

Rumor has it that the Lakers are interested in him and a number of other high picks.

I think he's exactly what we need, however I haven't really heard much about him on these boards.

What are your thoughts?
ImageImage
Questionmark

Postby halekulani on Mon May 29, 2006 12:05 pm

we'd be lucky to trade up for him. great shot blocker, will provide immediate impact off the bench. the lakers really need a top 10 pick to have a shot at sheldon though.
halekulani

Re: Sheldon Williams

Postby flexxdzl on Mon May 29, 2006 11:17 pm

Questionmark wrote:Rumor has it that the Lakers are interested in him and a number of other high picks.

I think he's exactly what we need, however I haven't really heard much about him on these boards.

What are your thoughts?

Williams is exactly what we need ..the best part about him is he can start..this year..I watched about a little over half dukes games this year...he is brand and boozer...he comes from a system heay program..which will make the triangle easier to learn..and he doesn't need plays ran for him to make an impact...he's a solid PF that has the potential to be great.

To me he's the most NBA reay player that will have to make the least adjustments to his game....and his uside is great!
flexxdzl

Postby flexxdzl on Mon May 29, 2006 11:24 pm

Listed at 6-9 in shoes, Williams has average size for an NBA power forward, but makes up for that with his chiseled frame, warriors mentality and extremely long wingspan (rumored to be somewhere around 7-2). He will be able to hold his own in the paint immediately defensively and in terms of rebounding, and will do some damage offensively as well against weaker or softer opponents. He is a solid athlete that runs the floor extremely well and gets off the ground quickly to challenge shots, sky for rebounds and finish emphatically with powerful dunks.
flexxdzl

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue May 30, 2006 12:40 am

I'd love to move up and draft him, he could really help us already in first season, cuz he this was his last, senior season at Duke.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby bumrusherer on Tue May 30, 2006 12:47 am

I wouldnt mind him playing with Mihm. But if he played alongside Kwame, :disagree:, bad business right there.

''He will do damage against weaker opponents''...Thats not exactly a compliment, is it.
bumrusherer

Postby Questionmark on Tue May 30, 2006 11:48 am

According to Draftexpress.com we haven't even worked him out and is not scheduled to workout with us.
ImageImage
Questionmark

Return to NBA 2014 Draft