Should we take a chance on Yi Jianlian this draft?

Should we take a chance on Yi Jianlian this draft?

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:35 pm

Im reading his scouting reports and their really intruguing me. Hes 7 foot and athletic. Hes already been through newell's bigman camp and got high praise. His style of game is being compared to KG.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/yijianlian.asp

Unlike other Chinese big men like Yao Ming or Wang Zhizhi, Yi is extremely athletic ... very good body type, long arms and big hands ... hasn't stopped growing yet, is projected to reach 7-2 ... great stamina ... nice ball handler and passer, some say he's able to play all 5 positions ... he has great speed at running the floor, jumps really quick and can dunk 360s ... amazing rebounder, anticipates well ... great defender, excellent shot blocker ... left hander with decent range ... develops more and more low post skills, like a jump hook ... intelligent player, knows how to use his physics ... battled fellow Draft prospect Ha Seung-Jin to a standstill, although Ha has almost three years, three inches and 70 pounds on Yi ... at the age of 15 he literally dominates 18-19 years old players, as he did at the Junior World Championships in Greece ... if you think of how good he'll be by the time he enters the NBA Draft (likely 2006 or later), it's hard to image he'd be something other than the first pick overall
MarkMadsen

Postby Ataris_PunK on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:36 pm

hes not even projected to be drafted. Just pick him up later
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby Ataris_PunK on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:37 pm

Look at those pics too He looks like one of those kids from zimbabwe who dont eat I can see the kids freakin ribs
If you only knew me better then you might,
be sittin here holding my hand so tight
never let me go are the words that i said to you, when you looked at me smiled and said you knew.
Ataris_PunK

Postby jminges on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:41 pm

Ataris_PunK wrote:Look at those pics too He looks like one of those kids from zimbabwe who dont eat I can see the kids freakin ribs

2002-03. 26 Games. .524 FG%. .568 FT%. 0.4 SPG. 0.3 BPG. 1.9 RPG. 0.2 APG. 3.5 PPG

2003-04. 19 Games. .511 FG%. .685 FT%. 0.8 SPG. 0.6 BPG. 5.4 RPG. 0.5 APG. 9.5 PPG

PASS!!!!!!
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:59 pm

I give the kid a camp invite. If we sign him I would then immediately send him to the NBDL.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby BadNewsBear on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:25 pm

He'll probably be gone by our pick, but I wouldn't want him anyway. We need someone who can give us a contribution immediately, not another kid for Phil to babysit.
BadNewsBear

Return to NBA 2014 Draft