SLU's Vouyoukas to declare for NBA draft

SLU's Vouyoukas to declare for NBA draft

Postby JSM on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:05 am

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH: St. Louis University center Ian Vouyoukas will submit his name for the upcoming NBA draft, but he won’t hire an agent, leaving open the possibility he will be back with the Billikens next season. Vouyoukas has until June 18 to withdraw his name from the draft.

"I’m doing it for the exposure,’’ Vouyoukas said.

Vouyoukas hopes to get invited to an NBA pre-draft camp so he can showcase his skills and get the attention of NBA teams, as well as to get an idea of what areas he would need to improve on for his senior season. It is unlikely that Vouyoukas, who will be a 6-10 senior next season, would be a high draft pick and if he isn't, he will return for his final season at SLU.

The NBA has a pre-draft camp starting June 6 in Orlando, Fla.

Vouyoukas, a native of Athens, averaged 13.9 points and 7.4 rebounds as a junior for SLU. Both of those were considerable improvements over his sophomore season, when he averaged 6.9 points and 5.4 rebounds.

"Ian’s dream, and virtually every player in college basketball, is to one day play in the NBA ," SLU coach Brad Soderberg said. "We fully support Ian’s desire to be a professional and are happy there is a mechanism that allows him to gauge his draftability."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:34 pm

I've seen this guy play, and he is a good, solid player, but not NBA material. I'm pretty sure that he will be back at Saint Louis next year.
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:10 pm

He's an unathletic jumpshooter, little else. Reminiscent of our former Slava Medvedenko. I don't really consider him an NBA prospect, but some team may fall in love with his jumpshooting. But that's all next year's talk--he has no chance this year, he will return next year. That is, if he polishes his all-around game and improves next season.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA 2014 Draft