Zhang Songtao looks like a Chinese Nowitzki
BygDaddy

Postby KB24 on Mon May 29, 2006 1:40 pm

BygDaddy wrote:Zhang Songtao looks like a Chinese Nowitzki

He is rather the chinese Nikoloz Tskitishvili
KB24
Site Admin

Postby z32 on Mon May 29, 2006 1:46 pm

Blah....I'm not sold. ABA......yea like there's competition over there. Only thing we can really tell from that video is that he has size, a decent first step, and ball handling skills. You can't really tell his shooting ability because it's just a video showing highlights....of course its going to show him making shots. I'd like to see him practice with the Lakers and THEN get an evaluation report.
z32

Postby BygDaddy on Mon May 29, 2006 4:52 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
BygDaddy wrote:Zhang Songtao looks like a Chinese Nowitzki

He is rather the chinese Nikoloz Tskitishvili

I could go for a Chinese Radmanovic. :man1:
BygDaddy

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon May 29, 2006 7:39 pm

hes average at best. the fresno heatwave should be embarassed that they lost so badly :man10:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby bobyahead on Tue May 30, 2006 2:42 am

if thats the case... bynum should have never been drafted. bynum was drafted strictly on potential. he DID NOT dominate in high school. he should have, but didn't. Al Jefferson averaged a triple double in high school.

thats why the lakers can't get any steals in the draft. too many people are quick to call a player a "scrub" or say "i'll pass"

but later on , these same people will cry about micth not taking the risk. look at spurs. they took a rish on ginobli. boris diaw. nocioni. you guys need to lighten up. with the second round draft pick, you draft for potential.

the guy is playing in the ABA to get used to american style basketball. watch him turn out to be a great player... and then "why didn't mitch do it"

he has skills. i don't care if its the ABA. he has skills. he is 6'9 and can move with the ball. quick off his feet. great foot work. if that isn't a "second" round draft pick, i don't know what is. if the lakers didn't draft bynum... he would have been a second rounder. it's not fair for you to give him a chance and not sun yue. this is a lottery pick comparing to a second rounder. how many second rounders has the lakers kept? very little. why not give this guy a chance. maybe the lakers might strike gold, if not, they lakers don't loose anything.
bobyahead

Postby KB24 on Tue May 30, 2006 10:21 am

bobyahead wrote: if the lakers didn't draft bynum... he would have been a second rounder. it's not fair for you to give him a chance and not sun yue. this is a lottery pick comparing to a second rounder. how many second rounders has the lakers kept? very little. why not give this guy a chance. maybe the lakers might strike gold, if not, they lakers don't loose anything.

Bynum would have NEVER EVER fallen out of the top 20. NJ would have grabbed the local product HANDS DOWN. No way in hell a 17 year old 7 footer with that body goes to second round. Bynum would have been a top 5 pick this year.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bobyahead on Tue May 30, 2006 1:53 pm

well it's good to know. there are a few 14 year olds in china that are already a legit 7 feet. this year he would have been top 5? true he would have been the only real 7 footer this year, but does he have the skill to be top 5?

i like bynum, but he isn't lottery. late first rounder at most. but he did get picked with the lottery, when the lakers could of had the best defensive proven player on the board, which was granger.

bynum, is just big. from what i see he is more dedicated to offense than defense. we don't need offense, we need a defensive bully. phil even said he doesn't like how long it takes for his defense to improve. when you are 7 feet and 18. you shouldn't have a problem moving around.

but to get back to the point. bynum was drafted with the lottery pick just because of potential. nothing but potential. if he did have a good game, he would have been higher but he didn't. thats why drafting sun yue in the second round wont hurt. we drafted young guy that was 7 feet tall with tons of potential with the lottery. but we can't draft a 6'9 young guy with pg skills and high basketball IQ with a late second? thats why the lakers are never blessed with the likes of arenas' , ginoblies, haslems, and all the other good ones that went second round and undrafted.
bobyahead

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft