Im Surprised no talk Bout This Guy!

Postby vaheblings on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:22 am

Dee Brown from Illinois. I've been keepin a close eye on this kids game for the past 2 years and im telling this guy can ball. He plays excellent D and has a heart of a champion, he hustle's and makes jumpers and he has good handles. He would be a perfect PG for da Triangle. I would luv 2 hav this guy on the Lakers. Wut ya think?
vaheblings

Postby KB24 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:32 am

too small, lacks PG skills, lacks a consistent shot.

He is simply quick as hell and a solid defender, thats basicly his upside.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Crispy on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:45 am

i agree dee is a heck of a PG but there are simply better pgs than him in this draft. i would take shawne williams in the 1st round and dee brown in the 2nd. Dee would definitely be a steal for us in the second. Hes stayed at Illinois for 4 years with tournament experience with tons of leadership skills and ready to play significant minutes for the lakers. GOOD POST!

GO LAKERS!
Crispy

Postby vaheblings on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:46 am

I hope we can somehow land him.
vaheblings

Postby abeer3 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:54 am

dee league.
abeer3

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:03 am

He's way too short for Phil's liking.

He's a shooter who couldn't shoot last season. He chucks up shots like there's no tomorrow. We got rid of that type player when we dumped Chucky. I don't want another.

He likes to run and the triangle is much more half court minded, he'd suck in the triangle.

No thank you.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Satan on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:09 am

Usually if the player's name isn't included in the thread title, he's not going anywhere.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby eNlight on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:27 pm

this foo sucks. theres NOTHING great from him.
eNlight

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:59 pm

I'd rather have the original Dee Brown
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby banks38 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:02 pm

He would be good for a change of pace coming off the bench, but i wouldnt use any of our 2nd rounders on him, and he will be drafted, so he wont be a camp-invite either.
banks38

Re: Im Surprised no talk Bout This Guy!

Postby halekulani on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:22 pm

vaheblings wrote:Dee Brown from Illinois. I've been keepin a close eye on this kids game for the past 2 years and im telling this guy can ball. He plays excellent D and has a heart of a champion, he hustle's and makes jumpers and he has good handles. He would be a perfect PG for da Triangle. I would luv 2 hav this guy on the Lakers. Wut ya think?

how close of a eye have you been keeping on him?
he had a horrid year this past year. easily the worst of his career. and you're still high on him? :man10: :man10: :man10:
halekulani

Postby vaheblings on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:33 am

halekulani wrote:
vaheblings wrote:Dee Brown from Illinois. I've been keepin a close eye on this kids game for the past 2 years and im telling this guy can ball. He plays excellent D and has a heart of a champion, he hustle's and makes jumpers and he has good handles. He would be a perfect PG for da Triangle. I would luv 2 hav this guy on the Lakers. Wut ya think?

he had a horrid year this past year. easily the worst of his career. and you're still high on him? :man10: :man10: :man10:

Just mark my words, He will be the steal of the draft, Kinda like the player that got overlooked, and one day like 3-5 years will go by and well see a story about him and how he was passed on by alot of teams and how he is doin now, Remember Gilbert Arenas? 2nd Round pick, im not sayin he is dat leval, but go back and see wut people were sayin bout Gilbert. Do yall know y Gilbert Arenas wears # 0? Cuz he said, he was alwayz told thats how many minutes he'll play so it stuck wit him. Dont get me wrong i aint sayin the kid is gonna be Chris paul or somethin but will surprise alot of people.
vaheblings

Postby eNlight on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:13 am

vaheblings wrote:
halekulani wrote:

Just mark my words, He will be the steal of the draft, Kinda like the player that got overlooked, and one day like 3-5 years will go by and well see a story about him and how he was passed on by alot of teams and how he is doin now, Remember Gilbert Arenas? 2nd Round pick, im not sayin he is dat leval, but go back and see wut people were sayin bout Gilbert. Do yall know y Gilbert Arenas wears # 0? Cuz he said, he was alwayz told thats how many minutes he'll play so it stuck wit him. Dont get me wrong i aint sayin the kid is gonna be Chris paul or somethin but will surprise alot of people.

he'll surprise a lot of people because he'll be coming from a second round. this guy will be like tyronn lue at best.
eNlight

Postby KB24 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:52 pm

we have a huge scrub from illinois in Cook.
KB24
Site Admin

Postby halekulani on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:38 pm

vaheblings wrote:
halekulani wrote:

:man10: :man10: we don't have 3-5 years to wait for him to learn how to play basketball right.
halekulani

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:50 pm

KB8@CL wrote:too small, lacks PG skills, lacks a consistent shot.

I disagree, hes the perfect triangle PG, he makes the right choices on offense doesnt try to force the issue and what not. PLus he shot a decent percentage considering Deron Williams and Luther Head departed.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby vaheblings on Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:17 am

Danny Ainge wrote:

I disagree, hes the perfect triangle PG, he makes the right choices on offense doesnt try to force the issue and what not. PLus he shot a decent percentage considering Deron Williams and Luther Head departed.

Thank You, Finally someone agrees with me.
vaheblings

Postby halekulani on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:15 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:

perfect triangle pg's are taller than 6'.
36% is not decent. it's nowhere near decent. it flat out sucks.
halekulani

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:50 am

His best asset seems to be his speed. His shooting is extremely streaky and his passing, floor general, and leadership skills are all questionable, although he certainly does show some flashes as he has solid court vision. But those attributes are commonplace in the NBA, and he wouldn't be drafted because of that. It's really his physical attributes--his lack of height, his lack of great athleticism, his lack of wingspan--that are turnoffs for scouts. Not to mention, as jsm said, he didn't end his season on a high note. This draft is brimmed with PGs, although not good ones--we've got Foye, Farmar, Rodriguez, Gibson, Barea, and much more who are slated to be drafted ahead of him. Admittedly, I thought Dee would be an early 2nd rounder this year, but the depth plus the fact he didn't impress much has bumped him all the way to around the 50s in terms of picks.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:51 am

NO.
jimbo327

Postby KB24 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:07 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:His best asset seems to be his speed. His shooting is extremely streaky and his passing, floor general, and leadership skills are all questionable, although he certainly does show some flashes as he has solid court vision. But those attributes are commonplace in the NBA, and he wouldn't be drafted because of that. It's really his physical attributes--his lack of height, his lack of great athleticism, his lack of wingspan--that are turnoffs for scouts. Not to mention, as jsm said, he didn't end his season on a high note. This draft is brimmed with PGs, although not good ones--we've got Foye, Farmar, Rodriguez, Gibson, Barea, and much more who are slated to be drafted ahead of him. Admittedly, I thought Dee would be an early 2nd rounder this year, but the depth plus the fact he didn't impress much has bumped him all the way to around the 50s in terms of picks.
:bow:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lord Johnny on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:31 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:His best asset seems to be his speed. His shooting is extremely streaky and his passing, floor general, and leadership skills are all questionable, although he certainly does show some flashes as he has solid court vision. But those attributes are commonplace in the NBA, and he wouldn't be drafted because of that. It's really his physical attributes--his lack of height, his lack of great athleticism, his lack of wingspan--that are turnoffs for scouts. Not to mention, as jsm said, he didn't end his season on a high note. This draft is brimmed with PGs, although not good ones--we've got Foye, Farmar, Rodriguez, Gibson, Barea, and much more who are slated to be drafted ahead of him. Admittedly, I thought Dee would be an early 2nd rounder this year, but the depth plus the fact he didn't impress much has bumped him all the way to around the 50s in terms of picks.

hey ryjorder what do u think of Barea? and do u know who Filiberto Rivera is?
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:08 pm

Lord Johnny wrote:

hey ryjorder what do u think of Barea? and do u know who Filiberto Rivera is?

Barea's always put up stats at Northeastern, scoring and always getting a lot of assists, but he always played against poor competition. However, he really shined at Portsmouth, making everyone better and impressing with his passing ability. And it's really his passing and ballhandling ability which really stand out--besides Marcus Williams, Jordan Farmar and maybe Sergio Rodriguez, he could be the 4th best pure passing point guard in this draft. If nothing else, it's his passing ability that lets him be drafted.

As for other aspects of his game, his shooting is fairly commonplace in the NBA and it's extremely streaky. He won't be drafted because of that, but his potential scoring ability (he can score in bunches when hot) coupled with his passing ability is an added bonus. He's no offensive liability, but he can certainly hurt his team by missing a lot of shots when he's cold. Shot selection may be a concern, he's never really shot well at college.

Barea's turnoffs are his fairly matador defense, his lack of height and his lack of athleticism. Height probably being the biggest thing, he'll most likely be a backup PG if he finds a niche in the NBA. He's not known for his defense, and he'll have to overcome many hurdles to find some level of success in the NBA in these areas.

Barea maybe a bit overhyped, because I really see him as only a herky-jerky type passer. I don't know if he can run an offense in the NBA efficiently because I really see him as a volume player--he probably needs to be ball-dominant to be effective. He was ball-dominant at Portsmouth but that worked for him because he dictated his style of game extremely well. In fact, if it weren't for Portsmouth, Barea would probably be in LATE 2nd round right now. Portsmouth really upped his stock. I still have lingering questions regarding his height and athleticism, and I really question whether he can make the transition effectively to the NBA.

Thus, I'm not that huge on Barea, but I think teams may have salivated in his passing ability to the point that he's most likely a 2nd rounder on draft day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Filiberto Rivera, that was last year's draft. I didn't hear much information on his front, but he was a pure point guard at UTEP. He could pass the ball, play unselfishly, shoot the ball somewhat and attack the basket with his athleticism. I think it was his underexposure plus the fact that last year's draft was so deep that bumped Rivera out of the draft picture. I wasn't that high on him, but I thought he had a decent skill set for the NBA.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Danny Ainge on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:02 pm

halekulani wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:

BJ Armstrong my friend, and I'll take 36% when your the only backcourt option with any talent. As I said, no Deron Williams, no Luther Head. He has a decent stroke. But his biggest asset is his ability to stay in front of his opposition on defense. Quick feet and good reads make this guy player in this league.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby halekulani on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:08 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:
halekulani wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:

BJ Armstrong my friend, and I'll take 36% when your the only backcourt option with any talent. As I said, no Deron Williams, no Luther Head. He has a decent stroke. But his biggest asset is his ability to stay in front of his opposition on defense. Quick feet and good reads make this guy player in this league.

what the hell does deron or luther head have to do with anything? the fact that he can't lead his team or play well individually screams mediocrity. he can stay in front of his opposition all he wants. he'll just get his butt posted up all day long. nothing but a late 2nd rounder. i wouldn't hold my breath for this guy.
halekulani

Next

Return to NBA 2014 Draft