Top Priority for NBA Draft: Rajon Rondo

Top Priority for NBA Draft: Rajon Rondo

Postby WutupNJ on Mon May 29, 2006 2:49 am

Reading all of the scouting reports and evaluations on this player, he is the answer for the Lakers. He has all the skills to become an all-around point guard and out of all the listed guard prospects, he has the least weaknesses. Weaknesses that would only take less than a year to improve upon and develop. Someone mentioned that he couldn't shoot, completely false, he is a solid shooter. Defense is fine is well and playmaking. If we have the #26 pick, lets hope he falls into our lap, if we trade higher for another pick, we select him, no questions asked.

All ClubLaker Mods and members, feel free to contribute your thoughts, ideas and opinions on this player. Any links to scouting reports or anythings you know from sources are also welcomed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would not mind taking Maurice Ager, if Rondo is not on the board by then. The back up 2 still remains a need of the lakers and a gaping hole after failing to draft Orienne Greene last year. Getting Kirk Snyder through a trade would have also solved this need. The Lakers could definitely use an athletic versatile 2 off the bench to spell Kobe and give him some rest.
Last edited by WutupNJ on Mon May 29, 2006 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
WutupNJ

Re: Top Priority for NBA Draft: Rajon Rondo

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon May 29, 2006 3:00 am

WutupNJ wrote:All Laker Mods and LG members, feel free to contribute your thoughts, ideas and opinions on this player. Any links to scouting reports or anythings you know from sources are also welcomed.

This is CL not LG... :man11:
Anyway, Rondo would be nice pick, but I doubt he'll be available when Lakers will have to pick a player...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Re: Top Priority for NBA Draft: Rajon Rondo

Postby GCMD on Mon May 29, 2006 4:59 am

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:
WutupNJ wrote:All Laker Mods and LG members, feel free to contribute your thoughts, ideas and opinions on this player. Any links to scouting reports or anythings you know from sources are also welcomed.

This is CL not LG... :man11:
Anyway, Rondo would be nice pick, but I doubt he'll be available when Lakers will have to pick a player...

Not LG...

He'll likely be gone too...but don't write it down yet...there are alot of unknown (relatively) players who might be getting first round promises...you never know...
GCMD

Postby Dizzmal on Mon May 29, 2006 10:34 am

Rajon Rondo is one of those risky players, teams are unsure of what kind of player he will be. He could become any type of player from a Fred Jones to a Gilbert Arenas. So when I say 'risky', I mean it coming from a possible lotter perspective. Down at our 26th he would be a decent pick. Needless to say, there is more talent down there, so we could go a variety of ways. Personally, I would draft a big man like Paul Millsap to solidify our frontline and bench, then try to sign a free agent like Bobby Jackson to start for us. Who knows, we might even be able to snag a Guillermo Diaz in the second round.
Dizzmal

Postby halekulani on Mon May 29, 2006 12:08 pm

no way rondo falls to us.
halekulani

Postby LucasWhite on Mon May 29, 2006 12:54 pm

Rondo is going to be the steal this year. This is a very weak draft but he is one of the few that have a chance to be quality NBA players. There are so many worthless players that will go in the first round this year that it isn't even funny.

http://bballx.com/store/catalog/player2.php?id=472

Check out the Blue Ridge game above. He was awesome in that with a reverse dunk alley-oop thrown to him from behind the 3-pt line and some around the back dunks. It was an awesome performance. He is a very exciting player when he is not being held down by Tubby Smith.
LucasWhite

Postby LUUUKE on Mon May 29, 2006 5:14 pm

halekulani wrote:no way rondo falls to us.
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Return to NBA 2014 Draft