Tyreke Evans

Tyreke Evans

Postby pureuncut100 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:56 pm

I really like his game and think it would fit well on our team. I think Jordan Farmar is gone after this season if Shannon Brown continues to play well.

If we package Farmar with someting else, like our 1st round pick this season, could we have a chance to get Evans. Farmar is a good PG especially if you consider his age and how long it typically takes PGs to develop in the NBA.

What would it take for the Lakers to get Tyreke Evans?
pureuncut100

Re: Tyreke Evans

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Too much.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:34 pm

I was just about to write about a Farmar and our 1st for Tyreke Evans. I totally agree with you he would fit beautifully in the triangle offense. He is not a shooter...yet but he's a 6-6 point guard, who can really distribute the ball, and once he learns how to hit an outside shot, will be pretty deadly. His passing ans dribbling skills are excellent, and he looks to pass first, which is rare these days. I would give Farmar and our 1st rounder for Tyreke Evans in a New York Minute. Sadly, I think it would take Morrison, Farmar and our 1st to nab Tyreke Evans. I just have this feeling, he could be somethign pretty special down the line.
A tandem of Evans and Bynum would be the perfect 1-2 punch for the future. :jam2:

My dream offseason:
Lakers win title
Lakers resign Lamar, Trevor and Shannon
Lakers trade Jordan Farmar and 1st rounder + Charlotte's 2nd rounder for Tyreke Evans
Shaquiile O'Neal accepts 2 year MLE salary after buyout with Suns
Lakers trade Adam Morrison(expiring)+ Sun Yue for Shane Battier

Fisher/Brown/Evans
Bryant/Vujacic
Battier/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/O'Neal/Mbenga
LAKEROC

Postby Larry14r on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:49 pm

LAKEROC wrote:I was just about to write about a Farmar and our 1st for Tyreke Evans. I totally agree with you he would fit beautifully in the triangle offense. He is not a shooter...yet but he's a 6-6 point guard, who can really distribute the ball, and once he learns how to hit an outside shot, will be pretty deadly. His passing ans dribbling skills are excellent, and he looks to pass first, which is rare these days. I would give Farmar and our 1st rounder for Tyreke Evans in a New York Minute. Sadly, I think it would take Morrison, Farmar and our 1st to nab Tyreke Evans. I just have this feeling, he could be somethign pretty special down the line.
A tandem of Evans and Bynum would be the perfect 1-2 punch for the future. :jam2:

My dream offseason:
Lakers win title
Lakers resign Lamar, Trevor and Shannon
Lakers trade Jordan Farmar and 1st rounder + Charlotte's 2nd rounder for Tyreke Evans
Shaquiile O'Neal accepts 2 year MLE salary after buyout with Suns
Lakers trade Adam Morrison(expiring)+ Sun Yue for Shane Battier

Fisher/Brown/Evans
Bryant/Vujacic
Battier/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Odom/Powell
Bynum/O'Neal/Mbenga

I see 1 and 2 happening. 3 is 50/50 and 4 and 5 will not happen because Shaq is not coming back and Houston is not going to trade with us. So if we want a SF then we must get one in the 2nd round and develop one ourselves same thing goes for backup center.
Larry14r

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:51 pm

I think if Shaq gets bought out, there is a high chance he would come back here. for full MLE for 2 years to win one more ring.

Morrison is what 24, and his contract is expiring. They also get Sun Yue, and our(not Charlotte;s) second round pick. Battier is almost 30 years old....I think that's a fair deal, because he's coming off the books next year. I'd prefer Adam Morrison, Sun Yue and our 2nd rounder for Rudy Gay....but I have a better chance of a threesome with Pennelope Cruz and Salma Hayek than that deal happening.

Rudy Gay would be a monster in the triangle offense. Again, I know it will never happen.

However, I think because of Morrison's nice expiring and Sun Yue's upside , and with battier having some years left on that contract(major salary dump)....they just might do it.

If we can dump Farmar our 1st+ 2nd for Evans....I will be screaming like a little girl at a Jonas Brothers concert come draft day. Mark my words....Tyreke Evans will be one of the 10 best players in this years draft....BOOK IT
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:30 am

If Shaq gets bought out there is a high chance he comes here, but at 20 million + dollars on his contract he's not going to just get bought out. If anything he'll be traded.

Anyway, the Lakers right now are built to make multiple title runs, which means no high draft picks which means no Tyreke Evans. Farmar's stock is below sea level, he's not going to fetch a whole lot, but coupled with Morrison's expiring it's suddenly a nice package.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Then how does this deal sound

To Memphis:
Jordan Farmar(expiring), Adam Morrison(expiring), Sun Yue, our 1st rounder and Charlotte's second rounder they owe us

To Lakers:
F-Rudy Gay
2009 1st round draft pick

Hey, Memphis always wants expiring contracts :man1:
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:19 pm

I already told you man, the Grizzlies aren't trading Rudy Gay.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:59 pm

i LOVE Gay.....he's awesome
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm saying he's not talented, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. I'm saying he's so talented, the Grizzlies wont let go of him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 am

I'd say it's pretty unlikely we can move up enough to be in a position to nab him. It is much more difficult to project where players are going to go in this year's draft because after Griffin and Rubio are selected, everyone's draft board is going to look very different. There's not a real pecking order for the rest of the lottery. It will largely fall on need, upside, and what team X saw in a workout with a particular player.

I think he could go anywhere from 6-14. I still don't see us able to move up to 14 with Farmar + the 29th pick. I could be wrong, certain teams could value Farmar more than I do (and more than they should). We could get lucky with a Mitch wand move. It might take Farmar, 29th, + Grizz 2nd next year or our 1st in 2011 (essentially the same thing).

I think we could have 3 potential suitors for Farmar in the lottery -- Warriors, Knicks, or the Suns. Whichever team gets the most screwed with the lottery balls...odds are that's going to be Phoenix (likely sitting at 14). He fits into their systems. The problem however is that this draft is very heavy with PGs. So a team would have to value Farmar more than a Flynn (possibly), Teague, Maynor, Holiday, Collison, Calathes, or Mills.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby pureuncut100 on Thu May 14, 2009 2:08 pm

JSM wrote:I'd say it's pretty unlikely we can move up enough to be in a position to nab him. It is much more difficult to project where players are going to go in this year's draft because after Griffin and Rubio are selected, everyone's draft board is going to look very different. There's not a real pecking order for the rest of the lottery. It will largely fall on need, upside, and what team X saw in a workout with a particular player.

I think he could go anywhere from 6-14. I still don't see us able to move up to 14 with Farmar + the 29th pick. I could be wrong, certain teams could value Farmar more than I do (and more than they should). We could get lucky with a Mitch wand move. It might take Farmar, 29th, + Grizz 2nd next year or our 1st in 2011 (essentially the same thing).

I think we could have 3 potential suitors for Farmar in the lottery -- Warriors, Knicks, or the Suns. Whichever team gets the most screwed with the lottery balls...odds are that's going to be Phoenix (likely sitting at 14). He fits into their systems. The problem however is that this draft is very heavy with PGs. So a team would have to value Farmar more than a Flynn (possibly), Teague, Maynor, Holiday, Collison, Calathes, or Mills.

THere are a lot of guards coming out this year but I think Farmar is more of a "bird in the hand" than some of those in the draft. I think it is pretty much understood that PGs have a tougher learning curve than most other positions, Farmar is young. I think he gets a pass.

I cant see west coast teams trading with the Lakers. I could see a guy like DAntoni appreciating a young guard like Farmar.

Chances are it doesnt happen. But it seems like an outside chance because a guy like Farmar or Vujacic could be attractive to the right coach in the right situation. I could see D Antoni or Don Nelson coveting Sasha for their wide open systems. I dont know, we will see.
pureuncut100

Postby jimbo327 on Fri May 15, 2009 3:49 pm

LakerOC, what exactly are you smoking?

LOL.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Return to NBA 2014 Draft