who gets the first pick

who gets the first pick

Postby Warriors&Lakers on Tue May 02, 2006 7:26 pm

i heard chicago has the first pick but on espn.com it says portland has the first pick anyone know who has the first pick. man im so confused. :man6:
Warriors&Lakers

Postby Tai Mai Shu on Tue May 02, 2006 7:56 pm

No one ...they havent done the lottery yet.
Tai Mai Shu

Postby In The Key on Tue May 02, 2006 9:41 pm

It's determined by the lottery, which will be shown on TV by the way.

The teams who didn't make the playoffs this year will all be tossed in a lottery. Each team has a ball with their logo on it. The team with the worst record of those teams in the lottery has the most chances to win the first pick, because they have the most balls. The worst team has 250, followed by the second worst with a lower amount, and so on.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby Warriors&Lakers on Wed May 03, 2006 10:37 am

so which team do u guys think is worse the knicks or the blazers. I kno that chicago has the knicks 1st round pick and they'll probably be like top 5
Warriors&Lakers

Postby Massacre on Wed May 03, 2006 12:50 pm

Warriors&Lakers wrote:so which team do u guys think is worse the knicks or the blazers. I kno that chicago has the knicks 1st round pick and they'll probably be like top 5

The Blazers, the Knicks have much more talent.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LucasWhite on Wed May 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Webster, Telfair, Miles, and Randolph will be great if they keep them together. They could really use a Greg Oden or a Brandan Wright but they'll have to blow next season too to get a good center.
LucasWhite

Postby JSM on Wed May 03, 2006 2:13 pm

LucasWhite wrote:Webster, Telfair, Miles, and Randolph will be great if they keep them together. They could really use a Greg Oden or a Brandan Wright but they'll have to blow next season too to get a good center.

I agree and disagree. The Blazers do have a bright future, but it does not involve Miles and Zach.

I think Aldridge could do a nice job in their frontcourt and suffice. Too bad the Bulls and Hawks will be fighting for him too, so whoever gets the #1 pick gets L.A.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby shaqpak34 on Fri May 05, 2006 9:23 pm

J, u think LA will go over tyrus thomas? im not too knowledgeable when it comes to the draft, but ive been hearing that this thomas kid has TONS of potential...and watching him play this past season i was impressed with the athleticism he possessed..
shaqpak34

Postby eNlight on Fri May 05, 2006 9:52 pm

if atlanta got 1, and they went for adam morrison, rudy gay, carney, or tyrus thomas, im gonna LMAO
eNlight

Postby JSM on Fri May 05, 2006 10:04 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:J, u think LA will go over tyrus thomas? im not too knowledgeable when it comes to the draft, but ive been hearing that this thomas kid has TONS of potential...and watching him play this past season i was impressed with the athleticism he possessed..

Depends on workouts and what the team feels would be a better fit for their team.

However, if I am the GM of the Hawks, Blazers, Bulls, or the Wolves then I take Aldridge. He can play either frontcourt position and can instantly help that team. He's the next Antonio Davis. He's not going to dominate the game, but he's going to give you solid production night in and night out and is very capable of getting a double double on any night.

But if I am the Cats, Raptors, Celtics, Rockets, Warriors, or Sonics then I take Thomas. He's more of a project, but his athleticism would greatly help those teams or go along nicely with the frontcourt they already have in place. Thomas is of the same mold as a Stro Swift or Warrick. A pogo stick but raw.

If you are wondering why I listed those 10 teams, those are the teams with the projected top 10 picks. And if they land the #1 pick, that's what I would do with the pick, if I was the GM of that team.
JSM

Postby In The Key on Sat May 06, 2006 7:04 am

Massacre_184 wrote:
Warriors&Lakers wrote:so which team do u guys think is worse the knicks or the blazers. I kno that chicago has the knicks 1st round pick and they'll probably be like top 5

The Blazers, the Knicks have much more talent.

Talent doesn't mean crap to the Knicks. In fact, they got so much talent that the team is gonna explode, literally. At least in Portland they have you guys who know their roles, which will be great for them in the future. We could very well be looking at the future of the NBA: Lakers, Magic, Blazers...

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat May 06, 2006 4:40 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
shaqpak34 wrote:J, u think LA will go over tyrus thomas? im not too knowledgeable when it comes to the draft, but ive been hearing that this thomas kid has TONS of potential...and watching him play this past season i was impressed with the athleticism he possessed..

Depends on workouts and what the team feels would be a better fit for their team.

However, if I am the GM of the Hawks, Blazers, Bulls, or the Wolves then I take Aldridge. He can play either frontcourt position and can instantly help that team. He's the next Antonio Davis. He's not going to dominate the game, but he's going to give you solid production night in and night out and is very capable of getting a double double on any night.

But if I am the Cats, Raptors, Celtics, Rockets, Warriors, or Sonics then I take Thomas. He's more of a project, but his athleticism would greatly help those teams or go along nicely with the frontcourt they already have in place. Thomas is of the same mold as a Stro Swift or Warrick. A pogo stick but raw.

If you are wondering why I listed those 10 teams, those are the teams with the projected top 10 picks. And if they land the #1 pick, that's what I would do with the pick, if I was the GM of that team.

ic ic...wow this years draft must be pretty weak huh if the number 1 pick is the 'next antonio davis'
shaqpak34

Postby JSM on Mon May 08, 2006 12:30 pm

In The Key wrote:It's determined by the lottery, which will be shown on TV by the way.

And it's on May 23rd.
JSM

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue May 09, 2006 9:09 am

23rd Mat will be important day for lottery bound teams.....
Anyway, I hope Mitch could deal Mihm for TOP10 pick and then we could pick Ronnie Brewer.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Return to NBA 2014 Draft