Who Should The Lakers Pick

Who Should The Lakers Pick

Postby Camilo on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:05 pm

Dee Brown
Dee Brown is a 6-0 point guard. He plays for Illinois. He is very quick. And is as dangerous as Steve Nash on the fastbreak. If you want him to pass to you on a fastbreak, you better be quick and have fast hands because his passes are quick! Has the power to lead his team back to win the game. Played with Deron Williams last year and went to the Chamionship game, but lost to UNC. But that shows that he is a winner. And that's what this New york team needs ! A guy that knows how to win.

Dee brown also likes to pass alot. He can makes his shots. But sometimes he looks for his teammates a little to much. Sometimes, when his WIDE open he will give-up the shot and make the extra pass, which sometimes results in a turnover. The problem with him is that he can't pass and scoer at the same time. When his scoring he has 30 points and 1 assists, but when his passing he has 11 assists, and 8points, so that's another problem with Brown he has like 2 modes, passing and scoring. If he finds a way to use them both at the same time, he will be a deadly Pont Guard in the NBA.! NBAdraft.net has us picking him with our Denver pick!!

Sheldon Williams
He is a senior for Duke. Having an Amazing year this year. Plays Power Forward, which we need. But is 6-9. His not as big as other power Forwards. But look at Ben Wallace.6-9 to and has won 2 defensive of the year player award 2 times! Now back to Williams. He like Dee Brown is a winner. He plays for Duke! That just shows his a winner. Is a great post player. Very good defender, and will be able to guard Power forwards, maybe even centers in the league. He averaged 4 block a game. I repeat 4 blocks a game!! He won defensive player of the tear last year as a Junior!

Knows how to use the hook. Has worked on his jump-shots since arriving at Duke and he knows how to shoot farily good. Tramendas rebounder. The best rebounder in the nation in my opinion!

Maurice Ager

6'5 Small Forward that plays for Michigan St. Has experience in the NCAA, Senior. He was rated number 6 samll foward in the nation. Has a very very good jump-shot. Can create his own shot. Is a decent passer. Has really improved it since he came to Michigan st. Was named the Number 1 shooter in the Big Ten, and Number 7 in the Nation. Is the leader of his team. Paul Davis, Shannon Brown, and Maurice Ager are the M.V.P's of the team if it wasn't for them, they wouldn't even be in the NCAA Tournament.

Is a very good finisher near the basket. Takes the shots his comforable with. He doesn't take shots that he doesn't like. He is a very good rebounder for a 6-5 Forward/Guard. Sometimes is not that consistent. One game he can have 28 points the next 10. Has led the Spartans to a 20-11 record. Stats. 19.1 Points Per Game/ 2.5 Assists Per Game/ 4.1 Rebounds Per Game.

Guillermo Diaz

6-2 Point guard that plays for Miami aka the "U". This kid has HOPS. I'm telling you thid kid can jump right out of the gym. Can create shots for himself. Like Kobe Bryant uses a lot of pump fakes to get a shot he likes. He is a very good scorer with range. When he is in rhyme, watch-out. Great Body, and has control of it.

Is a decent passer and handler. Since he is from Puerto Rico he still hasn't learned english well. Which is very importanat, becasue a point guard has to comunicate with his teammates. Sometimes he gets caught up in the moment taking 3s after 3s when he can just drive and score.

He is a projected 2nd rounder. Isn't afraid of anything. Even dunking on a 7-5 C 400pounds he will still take it inside. But what makes this kid famous is his HOPS! :man4:

Randy Foye

6-3 point guard that plays for Villanova. He has a lot of potential. Has had a lot of tragity in his life losing both parents, may them Rest In Peace, but he still has found a way to get threw it and play great basketball. You do not want to play him one on one. He will break your ankles. I would bet 200 dollars that he would. He is kid of like Rafer Alston in that place he has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. Great form of shooting, and most importantly makes them. Great finisher around the basket. Very good ball-handler. Good defender which this team needs A LOT. If this kid was up when we were up I would defenetily draft him unless Maurice Ager, Sheldon Williams were up on the board.

Marcus Williams

After seeing how he played yesterday . I think we should defeintly draft him. 6-2 Junior that plays for Connecticut. He loves playing the game. A Very GOOD passer who led the nation in assists per game at 8.1. He has improved his 3 point shot a lot.Has a very good tear drop. He is practically unstoppable in the open court because his decision making is so quick. He has a killer crossover that he uses to get by his man on the perimeter and is athletic. Good defender.

Tyrus Thomas

After watching him today vs Texas, this boy is a WARRIOR. He got injured 2 times, seconds one looked worse and came back both times. 6-9 Power Forward that plays for LSU, and yes there going to the Final Four baby!! He is a good finisher around the basket. Above avarage shooter for his postition. You shouldn't back of him or he'll shoot, but if you stay to close he'll drive irght past you. When yourt reading this you think What the hall his a poewr forward the answer is have you seen his body??? He probably no he has the best athletism in the nation. Very good speed. Can run the fast break. Good Passer. Very good defender beacsue with that body he is a blocking machine. Espically making blcoks in the clutch just watch Lsu vs Texas and LSU vs Duke and you'll see his clutch blocking

He will do anything to get the rebound, since his a rebound machine.Which means he hustles and that's what this team needs badly. Very good ball handler. Nickname is T-Time.He and Glen Davis are the front court in the nation. I would love to get him and am happy that Larry Brown and Isiah are trying to get him, which I'm wishing that happens!! If I had to choose between him and Sheldon Williams I would probably choose him after watching him play today.!! But it would be a very hard desion between him and Sheldon if we even have a chance to get one of them

Glen Davis

6-8 Power Forward that plays for LSU. They call him Baby Shaq but he doesn't like that name, so his good nickname is the Big Baby. He hwas given that name when he was 5 and has always liked it. And now his showing why he is The Big Baby. He is a good post player. Knows how to use his weight effectively. Passes tha ball when double teamed and calls for it again which a true Center does. Will probably do a good job guarding centers in the NBA because of his weight. But he is a little undersized since his only 6-8. Pretty good shooter for his size. Good defender. Plays with passion. weighs 310 pounds.Can break the rim if he wants to if you know what I'm saying.Has great balanced espically for his size, I've said that a million times but this kid is just outstanding. Him and teammate Tyrus Thomas are the best Front Court in the nation!

If your defending him all you can do is try. Doesn't really argue with officails. Very good sense of humor. CLUTCH (I was writing this while watching LSU vs Texas. He just made it. So this kid is very talented and I think will do a good job in the nba :jam2:

I wrote these at Clubknicks so don't be surprised to read something about the Knicks. I know we probably won't get these players but I wrote this about them
Camilo

Postby lakerzkb8 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:40 pm

arent we kinda in the playoff picture :man3:
lakerzkb8

Postby d.carter4kobe on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:44 pm

Boone or Adams, 2 hard workers with some of the best d in the nation
d.carter4kobe

Postby halekulani on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:54 pm

why do people insist on dee brown?

he has shown
a) he cannot be a good floor general (illi sucks)
b) he cannot shoot (worst % of his collegiate career)
c) he cannot take over the game (see a)
d) his size is a problem (just watch a game)
halekulani

Postby trodgers on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:56 pm

I'd take Temple's Collins over Brown.

Well...check that. He can defend, but he doesn't seem to have a whole lot else going for him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:33 am

1st round: Hassan Adams/Marcus Williams
2nd round: Guillermo Diaz
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby bhatta on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:42 am

None of them will be available.
bhatta
Clublakers Lead Analyst

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:50 am

First Rounders - According to NBADraft.Net

JJ Reddick - The LA Lakers are most likely to be a long shot to get him (unless the trade for the pick), but it's nice to think of the things he could do for our team. Whether bringing in an energy player off the bench, having a pure and excellent shooter to get us some baskets, or just plain having an aggressive guy who demands the ball on the court besides Kobe. Perfect fit for each respective LA team, but most likely will go late lottery or 13th-17th.

Marcus Williams - Probably the most realistic "good" point guard we can get late first round, but most likely will be a goner by the 26th pick. A second coming of Deron Williams with similar game, and unfortuately, similar flaws. Most of the time, makes good decisions but as all young point guards do, he'll have to learn whether to be aggressive or distribute. Averaging 8.1 dimes and has three college years under his belt, it would certainly benifit the Lakers to have a true and college experienced floor general at the 1. An absolute dynamo passing the ball. Would immediately be an upgrade from Parker because of the fact that he's a "true" point guard, not a tweener like Smush, and he has the speed, quickness and ability to stay in front of his man. With Williams, you know what you're gonna get. Could be a legit star in the league someday. A decent enough scorer, not great, but his point guard skills make up for it big time. Has recently been logging in a superb 3-ball at 40%, so we can use his outside shooting. If the Lakers do snag him, expect him to be a starter for our ballclub.

Hassan Adams - The Lakers just plain need a player like this. Probably one of the best defenders in the nation, averaging 2.6 steals and possessing athletism that is unbelievable for any guard. A spectacular player, has decent scoring abilities (18ppg) and has decent rebounding potential for his size (6'4 averaging 5.0 rpg). One of if not the best dunker in the nation. An intangible player, does the dirty work with tipback slams, taking charges, blocking shots ect. You'll most likely get some steals and fastbreak slams from him, tough rebounds, and acrobatic plays in the lane...similar to the play we had from Jumaine Jones. The kind of player a coach loves on his team. Not "just a dunker" anymore. Pretty streaky shooter though, and at his size, unsure of whether or not he'll play the 3 or 4. Effective either way. Would be an instant help, and with the loss of Devean George, expect the Lakers to make a bid for him, and realistically too, projected at 29th overall.

Daniel Gibson - A sophomore so/so with point guard skills that is very good on the offensive end...possesses all the tricks of the trade to be a good scorer in the league. Good 3-ball...Similar player to Chauncey Billups of the Pistons, and that could intrigue some scouts. Has college experience in plays in the winding minutes, but still getting accustomed to his role as a point guard...needs time...played with TJ Ford at Texas.

Honorable Mentions

Paul Millsap - Hard-nosed rebounder. Tough and difficult to move in the low post. Doesn't have good size for his position at PF (6'7), but like Malik Rose, makes up for it well. A Reggie Evans type player with more polished offensive skills? Averaging an amazing 13.3 rpg and a pretty respectable 19.6 ppg. Lead the nation in rebounds all 3 years at Louisianna Tech. Very good player.

Richard Roby - Kenyon Martin's half brother, a lights out shooter at the 2. Superb mechanics and good athletism allows him to either spot up or create his own shot and hit it with accuracy. The Lakers need a shooter, but need a PF or PG more...His size (6'6, 190 lbs), quickness and game parallel with another great shooter in the league today, Richard Hamilton. Unsure of how much of an impact he'll make on the NBA level, but like Hamilton, should put on a considerable amount of muscle to take on some of the bigger players at his position. Is averaging 17 ppg, but attends Colorado. Should he have been a member of Kentucky or UCONN and averaged the same, his stock would be greatly heightened.

Kevin Pittsnogle - Great shooter for a big-man. Reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan, but with less post skills. Again, the Lakers need a tough power forward or true point guard, something he's not either of.

Josh Boone - Another blue-collar guy, but there are others just like him with more offensive potential. Does the dirty work. Decent pick at low first round.

Rajon Rondo - Great potential as a scorer, but there are other college point guards out there with more polished all-around games. Needs the ball in his hands at all times. We don't need another offensive minded 1. Has ability to distribute, and has shown it years back when I first followed him, with 17, 27 and 31 assists in a tournament, but that's usually not his game. Hasn't gotten better through point guard standards since he entered college...a gamble at mid-first round.

Keynotes:

There are so many good players in this draft, but I'd really like to snag either Marcus Williams or Hassan Adams in the first round...Quincy Douby or James White in the second round.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby jbiggs on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 am

I really like Corey Brewer but i think hes gonna stay at Florida :man5:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Escondido

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:27 am

jbiggs wrote:I really like Corey Brewer but i think hes gonna stay at Florida :man5:

Maybe next year...

but even then he'll probably go late lottery. The kid is something special.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby LAKERS#1 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:47 am

Daniel "Dee" Brown
Birthdate: 8/17/84
NBA Position: Point Guard
College: Illinois
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-0
Wt: 180
Hometown: Maywood, IL
High School: Proviso East
Strengths: The one-man-fastbreak is a blur on the hardwood and if you aren't quick enough, don't expect Mr. Brown to wait for you. While firing bullet-passes, his dribbling and distribution skills are as good as anyone's. A capable scorer, when he decides to show it, he can set the nets ablaze in the blink of an eye. Also a true leader with his constantly moving motor-mouth, expect him to make the All-Quote First Team.
Weaknesses: You first have to look at his size, barely tipping the 6-foot mark. His ability to guard against the bigger guards is still up in the air, but don't think he will fail for lack of effort. Also can get into pass/shoot modes; He looks to involve his teammates immensely and will pass up his own shots for the sake of others, or, where he attempts to tire out the scoreboard operator single-handedly.
1. Good Passer we need someone to help Kobe score
2. He could be like Chris Paul if he can get a little more selfish & get defense skills up

Josh Boone
Birthdate: 11/18/84
NBA Position: PF/C
College: Connecticut
Class: Junior
Ht: 6-10
Wt: 237
Hometown: Mount Airy, MD
High School: West Nottingham Academy
Strengths: Long, explosive bigman ... Blue collar guy, does the dirty work to help his team win ... Has a great attitude, plays hard, wants to improve ... Strong defensively ... Explosive leaper, with good timing and instincts on blocked shots ... Giant wingspan gives him added size ... Fights hard for rebounds, hustles for loose balls ... Big strong hands, when he gets his hands on a rebound it's his ... Has a big, strong frame and should be able to add another 5-10 pounds without losing much mobility ... Should be able to see time at the center position in the NBA ... Runs the floor very well, excellent transition game ... Good vision and passing ability ... Scores well around the basket ... Has a nice turnaround jump hook ... Knows his limitations offensively and plays to his strengths ... Has excellent durability having missed just one game in his college career ... Quick feet, very nimble for his size ...

Weaknesses: Limited offensively ... Scores a majority of his baskets on dunks, put backs and shots around the basket ... Struggles from the free throw line ... Can get down on himself when things aren't going well, needs to become better composed ... Not a superstar prospect, his upside is limited somewhat by his offensive shortcomings ... Needs to develop better offensive post moves ... Must develop a consistent mid range jump shot ... A little rigid in his upper body, not fluid with his ball skills ...
1. Rebounder, Shot Blocker, 1 word DEFENSE thats what we need, he can come off the bench & play some good "D"

Marcus Williams
Birthdate: 12/3/85
NBA Position: Point Guard
College: Connecticut
Class: Junior
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 200
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
High School: Oak Hill Academy
Strengths: Williams has improved tremendously since his freshman year when he veraged 9.6 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 7.8 assists in 31 minutes/game ... He has a great "feel" for the game, something he didn't show freshman year ... A tremendous passer who led the entire nation in assists per game at 8.1 ... He controls the tempo of the game as well as any guard in the Big East ... He displays a good right hand, finishing fairly well on drives with it, though he is naturally left-handed ... His three-point shooting percentage rose over 20% last season to a respectable 40% ... He's a threat from the outside now which allows him to penetrate and dish or finish more often ... When big men challenge him in the paint, he uses a crafty floater/tear drop type of shot that he has really perfected ... He is practically unstoppable in the open court because his decision making is so quick and precise ... Whether it is pulling up for the jumper if his man plays off him or hitting a wing player filling the lane, Williams makes the appropriate decision ... He has a killer crossover that he uses to get by his man on the perimeter and is athletic, getting good lift on his jumper ... Defensively he does a good job staying in front of his man and limiting drives, he averages 1.1 stl/game …Williams was productive as a freshman where he average 4.3/game assists in only 14 minutes/game.
Weaknesses: One of the main things Williams needs to work on is his turnovers ... Though he makes the right decision on the break, oftentimes he turns the ball over after drive in the lane while trying to feed teammates ... Actually needs to be more selfish at times, especially late in games when teammates are struggling ... Some of the bigger concerns with Williams is his off the court behavior. He only played in 16 games as a freshmen for failing to qualify academically and missed playing in UConn's championship run. Also, more recently, Williams and fellow UConn guard A.J. Price allegedly stole 10 laptop computers from UConn dorm rooms. There could be serious repercussions from such allegations ... Williams needs to keep his focus on basketball if he is going to continue to become the star player that he showed the potential to become last season.
Outlook: In terms of draft potential, NBA personnel always look for red flags and Williams already has two to his name. Unfortunately, that may hurt his stock in the long run and it won't have anything to do with his ability to play basketball ... Williams missed a lay-up that would have tied Notre Dame in a late season Big East battle and his confidence took a hit ... He played all right through the rest of the year, but didn't seem to have the same swagger. It will be interesting to see if he regains his confidence next season ... Williams improved so much from his freshmen year and had such success as a sophomore that it seems certain he will be the class of the Big East as a junior ... Look for his scoring to increase with Charlie Villaneuva out of the mix next season. Also, don't be surprised to see his assists sky rocket with veteran wing players Denham Brown and Rashad Anderson as well as super sophomore (to be) Rudy Gay and big man Josh Boone down low.... His game will actually remind people of former Huskie Khalid El-Amin. The major difference? Williams actually has the size and potential to get drafted in the first round and make an impact on the next level.
1. Another Good Passer
2. 3point shooter
LAKERS#1

Postby Xepa on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:10 am

Steve Novak. End of discussion

(I laugh at anyone who said Dee brown :man10: )

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby jbiggs on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:39 am

In The Key wrote:
jbiggs wrote:I really like Corey Brewer but i think hes gonna stay at Florida :man5:

Maybe next year...

yea ur prob right. hes great defensively with a long wingspan and also has offensive game. he would get picked in the lottery and even if he didnt he doesnt sound like the type of player mitch would draft. this guy is actually athletic
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Escondido

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:43 am

jbiggs wrote:
In The Key wrote:

Maybe next year...

yea ur prob right. hes great defensively with a long wingspan and also has offensive game. he would get picked in the lottery and even if he didnt he doesnt sound like the type of player mitch would draft. this guy is actually athletic

hey, he tried with Von Wafer. The next Kobe Bryant, right?

In The Key

Postby UsC/LaKeRs on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:31 am

I keep telling you guys.

Full Name: P.J. Tucker
Birthday: May 5, 1985
Birth Place: Raleigh, NC
Height: 6-5
Weight: 225 lbs.

Per ESPN.com
Scouting Report: An interior player at 6-5 ... Great leaper and has a physical mentality ... Can score points and grab caroms in traffic ... One of the best offensive rebounders in the nation ... Plays with tremendous intensity ... Draws frequent trips to the charity stripe with his hustle ... A solid ball-handler but a poor shooter for his size ... Plays both the 3 and the 4, but he is does not truly fit into either one of those positions ... Stepped onto campus and immediately had an impact ... The question is, will he get better ... Game projects poorly to the NBA right now, but scouts love the fact that he is a warrior.

He's always reminded me somewhat of a Ron Artest (whom he actually models his game after). P.J. is known as a defensive first type of player who is tough nosed and will outwork the opposition to grab rebounds, especially on the offensive end. Another plus that I like is that he is athletic and can throw down some acrobatic dunks. His jump shot may not be fluid but he can be effective in other ways, especially playing with somebody alongside Kobe. Do it MITCH! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by UsC/LaKeRs on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
UsC/LaKeRs

Postby In The Key on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:35 am

maybe...

In The Key

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:44 pm

The Lakers currently have Miami's 1st round pick this season from the Shaq trade, and although I'm not extremely high at the late 1st round this year, considering the dropoff in talent level from the mid-1st round, it could potentially yield some decent players and sleepers.

We traded our way our current 19th pick to Phoenix, and that's not exactly a spot I'm high on either, so I have no great regrets about the trade.

Looking at the Lakers' roster, one of our biggest needs is a good pass-first point guard and possibly a legitimate PF with two-way ability. Although I don't see any clear-cut fit or need with the players that are supposedly selected at the late 1st round, there are some interesting candidates. With that in mind, let's look at the candidates for the 27th pick:

1) Bobby Brown--Probably my best choice for the late 1st round pick. Yes, I know, he's came out of nowhere and is a relative unknown, but he has great potential and has all the tools necessary to be a qualifying starting PG given proper grooming and time. He can shoot, pass, handle the ball decently, play above average defense and possesses the athleticism and speed that most NBA PGs need. He's probably not on most other mock drafts but if he declares this year and stays in the draft, he's the primary sleeper we should be after. He can fill our PG need well off the bench even though he's only 6'1" and doesn't possess the height Phil wants.

2) Josh Boone--I'm dropping him from #1 to #2 on my list because I have concerns on whether he would stay in the draft, and I'm not so sure if he'd fall this down as well if he stays in. He would be a steal at #27, because at 6'10", he possesses the nice shotblocking ability and interior defensive ability that our team would need. It may be a bit redundant to Kwame Brown in the fact that he's mostly defense and rebounding and little offense, but he can actually block shots, which is what we need. However, we may need more post offense, so that also drops him off a spot.

3) Guillermo Diaz--Actually looks the part of a legitimate late 1st round pick, possessing the athleticism and sick vertical as well as Iversonesque scoring ability. However, he lacks point guard skills in every which way and that really limits his potential considering his size. Considering the fact that we already have our undersized explosive athlete in Smush Parker, we may not need another one, but it would be interesting to see if Diaz is groomed properly so he can develop point guard skills. He already has nice physical attributes which intrigue me.

4) Paul Millsap--He's an okay prospect, because he does have a decent post game and extreme rebounding ability which may help our team, but I'm not extremely high on him on how he can help the Lakers. We do need a PF, but an undersized one (he's only 6'7") with limited perimeter ability somewhat worries me. However, we could certainly use a Reggie Evans-like player on our team with intensity, brute strength and rebounding, although it might not be worth the 27th pick.

5) Dee Brown--A talented quick and flashy PG who made it to the NCAA Finals along with Deron Williams and Luther Head last year. Although his height and questions on his ability to fully run the triangle offense drops him off a spot, he can potentially serve a role as somewhat of a Speedy-Claxton-like sparkplug off our bench. I love Claxton's game, so if he could develop into that sort of player, I would be happy with the pick. He does have decent shooting and defensive ability as well, although I have some concerns on whether he's really an early-2nd round pick type.

6) Jose Juan Barea--He really blew me away with his Portsmouth showing, racking up the assists so effortlessly and easily that I thought he was exactly what we needed in terms of a PG. At Northeastern, he racked up the assists but displayed more of a scorer's mentality, but he has legitimate PG skills and even has the athleticism to overcome his 5'11" stature for dunks. He can be a huge sleeper in this draft; a month ago he was probably undrafted, but now he can potentially be a late 1st rounder, which is where we draft. He's a huge risk/reward sort of type, can really be a bust, but his scoring/passing ability/athleticism intrigue me, although his height and shooting ability are minuses.

7) Terrell Everett--More in the belief he is a 2nd rounder, as he's still raw at edges of his game even though he possesses Smush's body with legitimate passing skills and defensive ability. I'm more high on him than others are, because he fits our team needs, but his shooting is still something to be desired. If we had a 2nd rounder, he would definitely be at the top of this list.

8) Thabo Sefolosha--He's sort of cut from the same cloth as Sasha Vujacic in terms of height and weight (6'6" and 180 lbs), but what Sasha couldn't do, he can. I really like him as a sleeper, but unfortunately, I consider him more of a 2nd round pick right now. He's a do-it-all wingman who can score, rebound, and pass. Very unselfish player. And unlike Sasha, he has athleticism and has the defensive accolades, using his long arms to get steals. That really intrigues me, but the problem I'm most concerned with is having too many 6'7" wingmen on our team. Of course, if we cut Sasha and draft him, that could be interesting.

9) Taj Gray--Stock really took a hit because he's mostly athleticism on a PF's body. Has a lot to learn yet, like Chris Wilcox even though he's doing well this season. However, we can benefit having his intensity, enthusiasm and dunking ability on the court. Just not as a first rounder.

10) Quincy Douby--The fact that he shows a huge scoring mentality with only okay passing skills bumps him down to #9. Nonetheless, though, he is an absolutely explosive scorer/sparkplug which we might need for our team. His moves are tailor-made for the NBA and his stature/game is eerily reminiscent to Eddie House's. Not that we need that sort of player, but considering the lack of good pure PGs in this draft, as well as the fact that he honed a 2:1 assist per turnover ratio in his sophomore year, I may take a gamble on him in the late 1st round.

11) Paul Davis--If he falls that low (which I believe to be a 40% chance), I would take a small chance on him. The reason he is this low, despite our need for a big man, is that his game is EERILY reminiscent to Chris Mihm's, if not exactly alike. We don't need to waste a roster space on a redundant player. Davis has a bit of a "soft" label on him, is a below average defender, rebounds decently only and has a good stroke. He doesn't exactly fit our bill as the big man we need.

12) Matt Haryasz--See Paul Davis. More of a 2nd rounder, sad because he was once late 1st.

13) Richard Roby--Not exactly high on him as I was in the past, but he is still one of the top shooters in college basketball at the SG position, which are two attributes we might not exactly need. However, he can become a nice swingman to Kobe given time, he seems to be a bit better than Kareem Rush. A bit to the one-dimensional side, needs to show more.

14) Hassan Adams--He simply does not fit our team well, even though I like his combination of strength, toughness, athleticism and physical attributes as well as defensive accolades. However, at 6'4", he is really like a power forward or such trapped in an undersized SG's body, and that bodes problems when he cannot shoot much, dribble or pass the ball unselfishly. I see him as a sort of Ruben Patterson type with more athleticism, but when all is said and done he just does not fit the team well in terms of the Triangle.

15) PJ Tucker--Same case as Hassan somewhat, if he stays in the draft. Less athleticism but still a good amount, better post game, better rebounding ability and more ferocity and toughness. Not sure if we need that at our SG/SF positions, but that's simply a position we are not in exact need of.

16) James Augustine--Belief that he's really a 2nd rounder, but could be a potential sleeper, giving toughness, decent scoring ability inside-outside in the mold of a poor man's Carlos Boozer type. May be a bit "soft" though.

16) Nick Fazekas/Oleksiy Pecherov/ Steve Novak/Kevin Pittsnogle/Damir Markota/ Vladimir Veremeenko--Don't need any more jumpshooting big men. All are around the 2nd round range.

MOST LIKELY CANNOT GET:
Hilton Armstrong
Aaron Gray
Rudy Fernandez
Maurice Ager
Rajon Rondo
Patrick O'Bryant
Mardy Collins
Ronnie Brewer
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:07 pm

Nice list Jorker. I have some questions and comments about a few of those guys, but I'll get to that later on.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby eNlight on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:37 pm

we should dump wafer, and think about pops mensah bonsu or james white for the second round.

first round, we should get marcus williams or daniel gibson. there's no need for josh boone, and pitsnoogle.
eNlight

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:43 pm

eNlight wrote:we should dump wafer, and think about pops mensah bonsu or james white for the second round.

first round, we should get marcus williams or daniel gibson. there's no need for josh boone, and pitsnoogle.

I don't think we even need to draft Pops-Mensah Bonsu. If we want him that badly, just get him via summer league signup. I can literally think of 10 guys ahead of him who will also go undrafted.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby eNlight on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:47 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:
eNlight wrote:we should dump wafer, and think about pops mensah bonsu or james white for the second round.

I don't think we even need to draft Pops-Mensah Bonsu. If we want him that badly, just get him via summer league signup. I can literally think of 10 guys ahead of him who will also go undrafted.

guess so. saves money as well.
eNlight

Postby MoneyMike on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:17 pm

whos that guy from FSU? hes 6'10 and likes to dunk and block shots, forgot his name :bang:
MoneyMike

Postby JSM on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:25 am

radronOmega wrote:Steve Novak. End of discussion

Slava 2.0, no thanks.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby In The Key on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:38 am

MoneyMike wrote:whos that guy from FSU? hes 6'10 and likes to dunk and block shots, forgot his name :bang:

FSU? I think you mean LSU, and it's Tyrus Thomas.

In The Key

Return to NBA 2014 Draft