who is your favorite player out of this year's draft

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:56 am

Id also add Ronald Steele, the PG from Alabama. Reminds me of a young Steve Francis, a lot of fun to watch. And of course Nick Young from USC :man1:
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:49 pm

Tyrus Thomas, only because Big Baby isn't entering.
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat

Postby Smallz on Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:27 am

i love my iowa state boys. will blalock is probably my favorite player to ever play for our school. i think he'll pull out at the last minute though...so my pick for this year is curtis stinson.

however, i dont think he'd be a great addition to the lakers, but still my favorite player in the draft.
Smallz

Postby ggamannom on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:26 pm

Leon Powe :jam2:
ggamannom

Postby BadNewsBear on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:18 pm

Brandon Roy and Paul Millsap (one of which should be available for us to nab.)
BadNewsBear

Postby slimjim on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:55 pm

i'm not following this years draft that much....

all i know is Saer Sene has the potential to shaft all these guys put together...

i also like this guy.... he just screams triangle PG
Taquan Dean
Birthdate: 8/6/83
NBA Position: PG/SG
College: Louisville
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-3
Wt: 185
Hometown: Neptune, NJ
High School: Neptune
[quote]
NBA Comparison: David Wesley

Strenghts: Dean is a lights out clutch shooter ... He will and has taken big shots in big games and hit them on a regular basis throughout his college career. He was a vital part of their Final Four run last year as the West regions MVP ... Everyone says today's players cant shoot but they can not say that about Dean ... He set a single season school record for 3 pointers made last year with 133 ... Defensively he has been a stopper since his freshman year and often draws the opponents top offensive guard ... His will to win and to become a great player has coach Pitino fascinated ... Pitino calls him one of the hardest workers he has ever had and that includes a pretty elite group of successful players ... Dean has improved every year he has been playing in college, noting that he wasn't ranked anywhere inside the top 75 high school players in the country coming out, and has passed just about everybody up ... His body, muscle wise and cut wise is something body builders aspire to ... Mentally he is as tough as they get ... Had to overcome the loss of his mother at an early age, fought through hernia his sophomore year and played through mononucleosis last year and had big games ... When faced with adversity he has risen to the top and not backed down from a challenge yet ...

Weaknesses: Questions about his ability to play the point are out there ... Though he is not a pure point guard his ball handling skills have improved enough to be considered an efficient 1 guard in the league ... He played the point and led his team past some pretty good point guards on the way to the Final Four (Jarrett Jack and Nate Robinson), however he isn't a natural point and is small at the off guard position ... Health issues have been in question too, as he has battled back from a hernia surgery 2 years ago and fought off cramping from time to time last year, due to his nonexistent body fat.

#

Favorites:
# Basketball Player: Kobe Bryant
# NBA Team: Los Angeles Lakers
# Athlete, Other than a basketball player: Muhammad Ali
# Comedian: Mike Epps
# Movies: Hoop Dreams, Ray, Love & Basketball, Above the Rim, He Got Game, Friday After Next
# TV Shows: BET, ESPN
# Book: Jordan Rules
# Musical Group/Singer: Jay Z, Cassity, Dip-Set
# Food: steak, corn, potatoes
# Snack: Oreo cookies
# Best Athlete Ever Faced: Dwyane Wade
slimjim

Postby MoneyMike on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:40 pm

MoneyMike wrote:whos that dude thats 6'10 from florida? and he likes to dunk a lot. forgot his first name, something Noah?

was it Joe Kim Noah?? plz help if not
MoneyMike

Postby eNlight on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 pm

MoneyMike wrote:
MoneyMike wrote:whos that dude thats 6'10 from florida? and he likes to dunk a lot. forgot his first name, something Noah?

was it Joe Kim Noah?? plz help if not

yeah, you can always go on espn and find out if thats not the correct guy.
eNlight

Postby Da Veinticuatro on Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:47 am

You mean this ugly freak?

Yes, thats him.

Also about Taquan Dean, I watched some of his games this year and Id like him in the second round. He is very gifted but sometimes makes bonehead plays. Lousville plays in the toughest conference by far, and I never saw him back down to any Big East opponent. He brought it every time and carried them to the NIT Final 4 I believe. I'd definitely take him, once he learns a little more he can be an effective guard.
OJ MAYO - NORTH COLLEGE HILL TO UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
These are the numbers which matter to me: 1928 1931 1932 1939 1962 1967 1972 1974 1978 2003 2004 and 20,32,12,33,3,11,5. FIGHT ON!!!
Da Veinticuatro

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:15 am

maurice ager.
live and die in LA

Postby GoodoleJR on Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:59 am

saer Sene

7'0 kid w/ crazy hops and a 7'8 wingspan who is only 19-20 years old

Just learned to play basketball, and is already showing star-quality anticipation for blocks and rebounds.

Projected to be a Dalembert-like player. if he's still on the board whenthe lakers draft, he needs to be taken
GoodoleJR

Previous

Return to NBA 2014 Draft