Wizards Will Hold Onto First-Round Pick

Wizards Will Hold Onto First-Round Pick

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 pm

The Wizards used the fifth pick to trade for Mike Miller and Randy Foye last offseason, but they have no plans to move their lottery pick this year.

Washington has the fifth-best chance (10.3%) of landing the No. 1 overall pick at the NBA's Draft Lottery on Tuesday night.

"Absolutely, this year's pick is going to be with us for quite some time. It's one of the building blocks," general manager Ernie Grunfeld said.

"We're rebuilding. So obviously, we're going to go with more young players and players who want to be part of a winning situation, players who have upside going forward."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03717.html
Kobe8Fan

Re: Wizards Will Hold Onto First-Round Pick

Postby GNC on Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm

well.. now that they have the number 1 they better hold on to it :man10:
GNC

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm

GNC wrote:well.. now that they have the number 1 they better hold on to it :man10:

Are u from DC or somethin cuz i saw u cheering for Wiz to land #1? And yes they better hold onto it and TAKE wall and deal arenas!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby GNC on Tue May 18, 2010 5:54 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
GNC wrote:well.. now that they have the number 1 they better hold on to it :man10:

Are u from DC or somethin cuz i saw u cheering for Wiz to land #1? And yes they better hold onto it and TAKE wall and deal arenas!!!

The wizards are the local team that is why i was cheering for them and they really deserve it after everything that transpired this year.

But at the end of the day Lakers all day everyday. :man9:

and this might mean in a few years when i go to laker/wiz games they might just be competitive :man4:
GNC

Postby AvenLarue on Tue May 18, 2010 7:23 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:

It's going to be downright impossible trading Arenas. And regardless of what the man has gone through, I don't think the Wiz want to trade him anyways.

That's why I can see the Wiz trading downward like #1 for #2 (Turner) & Holiday. The Wiz have a pressing need at SG and Turner would fit perfectly.

McGee
Blache
Thornton
Turner
Arenas - Holiday (take over for Arenas in 2-3 years)

Speights
Brand
Young
Iguodala
Wall

Nice young core for both teams
AvenLarue

Postby AvenLarue on Wed May 19, 2010 7:05 am

I just got off a conference call with Washington Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld. Outside of the typical happiness and optimism from getting the No. 1 pick in this year’s Draft, Grunfeld didn’t commit to picking consensus top prospect John Wall, and said Gilbert Arenas‘ place with the team isn’t in danger.

Dime: Does this change any plans you might have had regarding Gilbert Arenas?

EG: Nope. Gilbert is still with us. He’s in the gym working out and getting ready. The more good players you have on your team, the better, and he’s a great player.

on turner:
Dime: Thoughts on Evan Turner?

EG: Well, he’s a multi-dimensional talent who can play multiple positions. I don’t want to go through the whole Draft, but we’ve done our due diligence on a lot of players and will continue to do so all the way up to the Draft.

http://dimemag.com/2010/05/wizards-top- ... ng-traded/

Like I thought......
AvenLarue

Postby strikemode14 on Wed May 19, 2010 11:40 am

to be honest say it then and said it now...should have voided out gilbert's contract.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Return to NBA 2014 Draft