62%
No
37%

Total votes : 8

2003 dream team

Postby Lakersfan-eastcoast on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:00 pm

Who would you pick?

Here's my starting five:
PF: KG (Jermaine could have fought for this spot)
SF: Peja (Gets you from downtown)
G: Artest (Get in your face and mow you down defensively)
SG: Kobe (He's got clutch written all over him - unlike tmac and kg)
C: SHAQ (NO-Brainer)

Wanna double-team anyone? Are you kidding me.
Lakersfan-eastcoast

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:30 pm

Sorry, but no way in hell is that the lineup for the dream team. We are so lucky to have players that are physically big that can play "small" ball and vice versa...here's my lineup, with the players after the backslashes coming off the bench:

PG Kidd/B. Diddy
SG Kobe/AI
SF KG/V. Carter
PF Duncan/J. O'Neal
C Shaq/B. Wallace

By the way...the Dream Team aka USA basketball has to have American players on their roster. So this eliminates Peja, Yao Ming, Dirk, etc. from being part of our team. That team I got right there is a freakin Dream Team....but it still is missing some parts. With only 10 heads on that roster, we got room for two more and I see that we lack veteranship on that team....so Payton and Malone can round up that roster.....now that's OUR Dream Team...but for those who play us would call it a Nightmare Team. <----I know...tacky, but what can I do. Studying for finals has fried my creativity.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:56 pm

i dont think duncan counts either as an american playa, hes from some island if i remember correctly
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:56 pm

but other than that, i think the team that V's got is what id pick for my team as well
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:51 pm

I dont care what yall say, im not bein biased at all, but payton and malone should be on that list...heres mine:

Kidd/B Davis/Payton
Kobe/AI/T-Mac
KG/Carter
Duncan/Malone/J O'neal
Shaq/B. Wallace

honorable mention: Francis, Marbury, Allen

I know theres 13 on that list i jus gave, but you gotta put Malone and Payton on that list...no doubt
FabFourLakers

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:29 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:i dont think duncan counts either as an american playa, hes from some island if i remember correctly

Yeah Shaqpak34 thats a great point, but I already took that into consideration. You gotta remember that he was on the Olympic qualifying team this summer repping the USA and remember how he refused to play against the Virgin Islands. But if that was the case, he would have played for the Virgin Islands this Summer to qualify for the Olympics...not Team USA.

So you brought up a great point, but I feel that Duncan is fair game cause he chose to play for USA rather than the Virgin Islands this summer.

PS: Fab4, I did put Malone and Payton on my original team to bring veteranship...maybe you overlooked it. But I totally agree with you...I really feel that as of right now the 3rd best PG in the league is Payton behind Kidd and Davis. As for Karl....he is putting up good numbers and totally deserving of representing Team USA. What makes his game even more appealing now, is that his great eye for passing finally gets results with Big Shaq finishing rather than Ostertag fumbling the pass out of bounds or something like that. Malone is still behind Duncan, Dirk and Webber in overall production...but as for right now, he is the most consistent and dependable. He's the only PF from that select group that hasn't missed a game to injury. Malone as of right now would be the 3rd best PF in the West only behind Duncan and Dirk.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakersfan-eastcoast on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:48 pm

Ok people,
I forgot about Duncan.
He does count by the way, since the virgin islands are part of the US.

Now,
I totally missed the PG position, and Kidd is the perfect guy for that role...

And also, this is the NBA dream team, not the USA dream team. Like a league team against another league team.
PG: Kidd
PF: Duncan
SG: Bryant
SF: Garnett
C: Shaq
Peja and Artest will be my 6th and 7th men regardless.
Lakersfan-eastcoast

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:49 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
shaqpak34 wrote:i dont think duncan counts either as an american playa, hes from some island if i remember correctly

Yeah Shaqpak34 thats a great point, but I already took that into consideration. You gotta remember that he was on the Olympic qualifying team this summer repping the USA and remember how he refused to play against the Virgin Islands. But if that was the case, he would have played for the Virgin Islands this Summer to qualify for the Olympics...not Team USA.

So you brought up a great point, but I feel that Duncan is fair game cause he chose to play for USA rather than the Virgin Islands this summer.

PS: Fab4, I did put Malone and Payton on my original team to bring veteranship...maybe you overlooked it. But I totally agree with you...I really feel that as of right now the 3rd best PG in the league is Payton behind Kidd and Davis. As for Karl....he is putting up good numbers and totally deserving of representing Team USA. What makes his game even more appealing now, is that his great eye for passing finally gets results with Big Shaq finishing rather than Ostertag fumbling the pass out of bounds or something like that. Malone is still behind Duncan, Dirk and Webber in overall production...but as for right now, he is the most consistent and dependable. He's the only PF from that select group that hasn't missed a game to injury. Malone as of right now would be the 3rd best PF in the West only behind Duncan and Dirk.

Webber? Hopefully u mistyped that...but webber is injured every year and talks alot of sh*t which he cant back up! Malone has missed what 10 games in his 18 yr career? And hes prolly tha best PF to ever play tah game...and hes only behind Duncan and KG this year...Dirk is not playin at tha level he should be playin...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion