2013 NBA All-Star Starting Lineups

Re: 2013 NBA All-Star Starting Lineups

Postby Weezy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I know man, that's what I was trying to get at, it's depressing. I remember when I was a kid, or even a teenager the all-star games were just packed with stars, so many skilled stars at all positions, all time greats. Now it's filled out with guys having a good season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 am

Honestly there's a ton of TALENT in today's NBA, but not a ton of LEGENDS.

I think guys like Durant and LeBron are legends, but outside of that this new generation doesn't have a lot to stand on. There's some GREAT players, sure, but nothing like what we've been used to.

The Duncans, the Bryants, the O'Neals, the Johnsons, the Thomases, the Abdul-Jabbars, the Birds, the Wests, the Baylors, the Russells, the Chamberlains...

I feel like every decade there's been a good 5 real incredible talents and amazing players... but maybe I'm just thinking of the Lakers. :man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am

I guess we have to continue to see how guys like Westbrook, Harden, Love, Irving, and a few others progress over the years, maybe they will turn into legends but I'm not seeing it unless they are judged differently, as the game is very different now. Players aren't as smart overall, just better athletes, and big-men are less skilled overall. Oh and guys like Derrick Rose, currently forgotten because of injury.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 am

Curry and Brook Lopez got robbed ... I guess the coaches don't have LP
wcsoldier81

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:52 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Curry and Brook Lopez got robbed ... I guess the coaches don't have LP

Well someone had to miss out at the guard spots in the West. I mean San Antonio deserves 2 guys more than the Warriors. And Westbrook, Harden were locks - so bad luck for Curry. You could argue that he should've got the 2nd wild card instead of Aldrigde but it's pretty tough out West.

As for Brook Lopez ... I still think Chandler deserves it a bit more. Besides Carmelo he's the big reason for their success this season. But also kind of a flip flop between those two.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion