Aldridge Wants Out of Portland

Re: Aldridge Wants Out of Portland

Postby nthydro on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:03 am

revgen wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't want Aldridge if it costs us LeBron/Carmelo. And yes I'm serious.

Because honestly we can go get Love in 2015 (with or without the above deals) who I think is a better fit for the Lakers and who played at UCLA. He's a stud and I think he'd love being here.

I believe if you can get something for Pau, you do it. You don't rely on the hope that LBJ/Melo will show up at your door. If Aldridge needs to go in order to land Lebron/Melo, we'll have no problem finding a taker for him.

Also, Aldridge's current contract ends in 2015, so picking up Love in free agency won't be an issue.

Exactly. At this point, if we can get Aldridge for Pau, that would be a steal. There's no guarantee Pau will improve, and most likely he'll be worse. We made the mistake of not trading him before for Rondo, why do it again now? Sure Aldridge plays no D, but neither does Pau. And his rebounding is underwhelming (although it's been improving every year--9.1 last year). But offensively he is a solid number 2 option, and would certainly be a legit 3rd option on a championship team.

Of course I would rather get LeBron, Melo, or Love, but if we have an opportunity right now to a good young player in his prime for Pau, I think we'd have to seriously consider it.
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:carmelo is definitely better than LMA
BUT, i think id rather pair LMA with lebron over carmelo with lebron...assuming lebron is even a real possibility

Yes but I think one of the reasons LeBron would even consider coming here would be if Melo was here. Hypothetically, if Miami lost next year and LeBron and Wade had some kind of falling out...and Melo asked him to join the Lakers, I think he'd be interested. But I doubt those things will happen.
nthydro

Postby nthydro on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:13 am

BUT, i think id rather pair LMA with lebron over carmelo with lebron...assuming lebron is even a real possibility

Carmelo is certainly more talented than Aldridge, but I don't know if he'll be a better fit on most teams. IMO, Melo reminds me a lot like Iverson, they both have superstar level talent, but if you put them on most teams, they wouldn't be good fits. Yeah I know Iverson led the Sixers to the finals one year but lets face it the east was pretty much non existent then.
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 am

nthydro wrote:

Yes but I think one of the reasons LeBron would even consider coming here would be if Melo was here. Hypothetically, if Miami lost next year and LeBron and Wade had some kind of falling out...and Melo asked him to join the Lakers, I think he'd be interested. But I doubt those things will happen.

This.

It's already a long shot for the LeBron to LA thoughts, but IF you get Carmelo already and you re-sign Kobe and maybe Gasol, along with having Nick Young waiting to exercise that Player Option for the second year, AND a 1st round pick that's maybe a PG... The team is all SET for LeBron and he doesn't have to go through a potential rebuild, it's already there. 1st Round Pick/Kobe/Anthony/______/Gasol/Young and then fill in the blanks as needed? That's a team that's going to be ready to really make noise WITHOUT LeBron. LeBron puts them over the top.

Again, all of this is a great long shot, but Carmelo gives you the better opportunities moving forward for sure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:15 pm

People prefer love over aldridge because aldridge doesn't play D or protect the rim??? uhhhhhhh have you seen love play? haha
Johnnyboy

Postby Johnnyboy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 pm

therealdeal wrote:
nthydro wrote:

This.

It's already a long shot for the LeBron to LA thoughts, but IF you get Carmelo already and you re-sign Kobe and maybe Gasol, along with having Nick Young waiting to exercise that Player Option for the second year, AND a 1st round pick that's maybe a PG... The team is all SET for LeBron and he doesn't have to go through a potential rebuild, it's already there. 1st Round Pick/Kobe/Anthony/______/Gasol/Young and then fill in the blanks as needed? That's a team that's going to be ready to really make noise WITHOUT LeBron. LeBron puts them over the top.

Again, all of this is a great long shot, but Carmelo gives you the better opportunities moving forward for sure.

Youre right, BUT wades health is an issue. I just think lebron is big on legacy and coming to the lakers will make him look weak again. I say he goes to the cavs. Irving/tristan/gee/waiters/bennett/zeller/bynum/cj miles/earl clark is pretty solid if you add Lebron they are legit
Johnnyboy

Postby LakerFanIam on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:45 pm

I'd take LMA in a heartbeat... Not even a question...
LakerFanIam

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:44 am

Johnnyboy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
nthydro wrote:

This.

Youre right, BUT wades health is an issue. I just think lebron is big on legacy and coming to the lakers will make him look weak again. I say he goes to the cavs. Irving/tristan/gee/waiters/bennett/zeller/bynum/cj miles/earl clark is pretty solid if you add Lebron they are legit

I agree that it all depends on how the Heat look this season. I definitely agree there. Bosh needs to make it through the year and actually look like the guy they thought they were signing from Toronto. There's times where, for an All-Star, he disappears especially in the playoffs. Wade has to be more effective and he has to be more healthy. The guy really has looked like a corpse at times and if he looks like that again, coupled with the team not performing all that well I could see LeBron leaving.

As for Cleveland vs. LA, I think between the two rosters ours looks stronger if you build it the way I did. Again though a lot of that will depend on how Bynum goes through this season and on if Kyrie can get a full season under his belt as well. The rest of the team after them I'm not too impressed with, but they'd be good for LeBron to play with. The thing is, are they built to win now? Because the team I built is definitely built to win rings over the next 2-3 years. After that who knows, but for 2-3 years the Laker team that I built looks fantastic.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:08 am

Lebron comes to LA, Cleveland has zero comparison even with their young talent and draft picks. Lebron's brand would sky rocket and I would bet his jersey would be the number one seller for 2 or 3 years in a row at the very least.

Carmelo with Kobe would be just as good in my opinion. Melo would take a HUGE load off Kobe in the scoring department, especially when Kobe was on the bench resting. I would send the feelers out to Lebron, see if he would come, if not, then full on assault for Melo and get Melo in LA at the very worst. Melo is Paul pierce with better scoring ability. He has the game that doesn't need too much athleticism and can be effective until his mid 30s.
OX1947

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 pm

^ Talk to LeBron first, but get Carmelo signed first. Once Carmelo is on board you're looking at the potential for another big 3 again and I would think LeBron would have a tough time turning that down.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion