All Star voting is going to change, for the better

All Star voting is going to change, for the better

Postby JSM on Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:01 pm

Here is what's changing...

NBA.com: This season's game will be in LA on Feb. 15.
Balloting begins Nov. 13 and runs until Jan. 18.

Fans can vote for starters in the following ways:
* with a traditional ballot at all NBA arenas.
* once per day on nba.com
* via a ballot downloadable onto Verizon wireless phones.
* through voting centers at Foot Locker and Champs Sports stores and Internet kiosks at Circuit City locations.
* via ballots at about 150 Loews Cineplex movie theaters.

Why does that matter...because it means all you got to do is get on nba.com once a day and vote for who you want to start. You can vote to make sure Shaq starts this year.

And for people that vote it every day, means they are voting over 60x, so I think that should be something we should try and do. It will only take a minute, at the most to fill out the ballot. So....who's going to do it? I for one will do it every day that I remember to, because I don't want to see Yao start again. I just think it would be cool for at least- Shaq, Kobe, and on some off chance Payton to start in it. And I have always tried to vote a lot, but never remember to turn in the ballots, well now all you got to do is go to nba.com, not too hard, is it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:16 pm

for some reason i feel like malone payton shaq and kobe will all start this year...it would be kinda funny like every fan will become a laker fan over thac ourse of tha year..or "bandwagon" fans and vote for all tha lakers! i hope all 4 of em are all stars and Phil Jax is tha coach!
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:03 pm

Whoa once PER DAY?

Make sure we got a link to vote our Lakers up there on CL.com once the balloting starts.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:08 pm

yeah I couldn't believe they are letting people vote that often
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:11 pm

Once a day seems kinda wrong.. It should be more like once a week or something... Oh well, more votes for Kobe, Payton, Shaq and Malone for me!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:31 pm

wasnt it always once a day?..i rember voting alot...i thot it was 1 vote per day last year also?
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:33 pm

Who knows. When they do have voting, I'll make sure we have it set up for everyone here to vote for our Lakers.

Wait a minute? When is the All-Star game? Isn't every night the All-Star game for us? I'm confused... :man3:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:22 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
Wait a minute? When is the All-Star game? Isn't every night the All-Star game for us? I'm confused... :man3:

haha good on ld2k...game is in LA this year!!! i dunt live in LA but its drivable...neone noe when tiks come out...and also...do they go out to the public? i wud asume that but ive never realy tried to go to one so yea...

also...i wish we cud be able to vote for Slam Dunk contest...it wud be so tite..
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:05 pm

Well if the Lakers try to compete with the Bull's record this season, that means they will have the best record in the west by the time the all-star game comes to town. This means that PJ and his coaching staff can pick what players make the Western squad's bench....No doubt Kobe and Shaq will start becaue Yao is not for real, and people will make sure to vote like that this time. I'll vote everyday for sure just to make this happen. But anyways, if Malone and Payton don't make the starting 5...PJ will surely put them on the squad as part of the bench. No one in the league can really fault Phil for doing this because the all-star game will be hosted by LA with Payton and Malone both very deserving of those spots on the western team. I feel like our 4 HOF's will be on the floor together at one point or another during the allstar game....you really can't script it any better than that.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:58 pm

o0O kb8 O0o wrote:wasnt it always once a day?..i rember voting alot...i thot it was 1 vote per day last year also?

ya, it was alwayz once a day. but crap why does it have to be on verizon cellyz, :( why cant it be sprint

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:52 pm

I agree with you Vas, I feel they will all be voted on to the ballet.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to NBA Discussion