All Star Weekend Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend Discussion

Postby escobar8 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:46 pm

i want to see something similar next year...now players are doing basicly all the same dunks year after year...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35B5kF-Ia_o[/youtube]
escobar8

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:07 pm

this was exponentially better than the nba dunk contest
Last edited by CaCHooKa Man on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 pm

The NBADL gets it right and the NBA can't. :man10:

Someone of those dunks were pretty sick.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:20 pm

wow, much better than the NBA's dunk contest. next year maybe they should let the top two DLeague dunkers join the actual dunk contest.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:14 pm

That was fun to watch, I like the guy who won's second to last dunk, that took perfect timing with a blind pass and he glided in to throw it down. I think what's good about that contest is the simplicity of the rules, and the lack of all the extra spectacle crap thrown. Guys go out and dunk (and these dudes can fly, dang), they have 1 minute to get a dunk down, it's simple, and it's fun.

Maybe that doesn't work in the NBA because they need to put on that big spectacle for the fans and because those fans are used to having seen it all, I don't know. I'll say this as well, it's not just the D-League dunk contest I prefer now, even the college dunk contests are sweet. They were showing the one from 2011 the other night on some ESPN channel and there were some crazy dunks. This 5'10 dude Jacob Tucker that could jump out of the building won the whole thing with some ridiculous dunks for a guy that height, they kept claiming he had something like a 50 inch vertical and I'm not sure they were wrong. Just make the NBA contest simple rules again, keep trying to get actual all stars in it, I'll still watch and hope for the best.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion