Amare makes the Suns shine

Amare makes the Suns shine

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:43 pm

I was watching the Suns game tonight against the Rockets. And I have to saw I am very impressed with Amare, I haven't seen him on tv in a few months (not counting All Star weekend). He is simply amazing. This is only his second year and he is already a very good PF. He scored 24 points, grabbed 15 rebounds, and blocked 4 shots. He went against Yao a lot throughout the night. He is not scared of him at all. In fact he took it straight to Yao and dunked on him a few times.

Amare reminds me a lot of a younger Malone. He has incredible work ethic. He requests tapes of former and current great big men (including Malone) and studies the tapes, hoping to learn something he can use in his game. He soaks up any knowledge or advice given to him. simply amazing.

His defense is not great and his jumper still needs some work, but those are two things he is constantly working on. I think within a few years, he will be the best PF in the league. I know you are going to say that the best PF will be TD for years and years to come, but Tim is all finesse, Amare is strength and power. I think with the way Amare is developing, he very well could become the best PF in the league within a few years.

He is certainly the brightest thing the Suns have going for them, he should be their focal point and what the team is built around after this season. He deserves to have a solid core of guys that can play with him and get him the ball.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:07 pm

He's gonna be even better than Tim Duncan.

Amare's the future.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:12 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:He's gonna be even better than Tim Duncan.

Amare's the future.

Uhm ... let's not go overboard here.
He's very good, but consistent he is not.
And certainly not on the level of a Duncan or Garnett yet.
Given time, it may happen ...

Postby queen_hater on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:38 am

amare is definitely still raw. one thing going for him is that he aint afraid of anyone. i just love how he has been throwin it down on yao since he came into the L last year. the man is a monster. once he develops a decent in between game the boy will be unstopable.

did you see how that b!tch steve franchise shoved amare while celebratin his stuff on yao? steve's got to get a fine at least for that crap. what is he now? yao's b!@tch?

steve is a loser

this is how a 4 time nba champ gets it done
queen_hater

Return to NBA Discussion