Kings Offer Iggy $56m/4 years (p. 3)

Re: Andre Iguodala Likely To Opt Out Of Contract With Nuggets

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Exactly... It's sad for most of the league, but great for us. Eventually our team will get young again and become one of the leading destinations for players to come to for ring chasing. The LA market will outlive this roster.

One day we'll be the ones nabbing former All-Stars for the minimum (well we already started with Jamison).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:33 am

yeah, it's just a bummer right now. as soon as the lockout happened, i knew a miami threepeat was coming. nobody was going to be able to do what they did in free agency (simply because those opportunities are basically non-existent), and the teams that could spend their way there wouldn't be able to anymore. but when the dust settles and they get old, i expect the lakers will be back and that the new rules will favor them even more than the old ones did. as you said, they're still in la, and that's going to be even more powerful as the average salary drops and teams shy away from making big contractual commitments. the key is making sure howard stays. after that, i think the pieces will fall into place.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:53 am

I still think there's time for next season if we make ALL the right moves this summer... that means being willing to make tough decisions and take some chances on players. I don't think a Miami 3-Peat is in the books because I don't think they'll stay healthy enough for it. I don't envision Wade (and really the rest of their team) being this healthy, this long.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:03 am

therealdeal wrote:Gallo I agree. Good luck finding takers at this point. He can score for you a little, but he's not a good defender, he's only reasonably athletic, and he's pretty prone to injury.

Well real, looks like you were on the money.

Sources: Likely ACL tear may sideline Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari for season

After crumbling to the court and needing to be carried to the locker room, an initial examination of Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari suggested a season-ending tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night.

"The doctor indicated that the ligament was loose," one source told Yahoo! Sports. "They expect that it's a torn ACL."

Gallinari will undergo a full MRI examination on Friday to survey the complete damage to the knee. After driving on Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki in the Nuggets' 95-94 victory on Thursday night, Gallinari planted his left leg only to have his knee buckle beneath him.The Italian writhed in pain on the floor, and needed to be carted to the locker room.

Gallinari, 24, is a vital part of the Nuggets' success, and losing him for the season clearly damages Denver's chances of making a run at the Western Conference championship. For now, the team is the No. 3 seed in the West, trailing Oklahoma City and San Antonio and holding a slim lead over the Los Angeles Clippers and Memphis Grizzlies.

The forward is averaging 16.3 points and 5.2 rebounds for the Nuggets, who've relied on a balanced lineup in the post-Carmelo Anthony era.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--danilo-gallinari-likely-out-for-season-after-reported-acl-tear-045154962.html
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 am

And there you go... Damn. He'll be gone a good portion of next season if it's an ACL tear. Iguodala's price to the Nuggets just went up. As did their need to keep around Chandler.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 am

And there goes our chance of getting one affordable 3. But there's teams that have a reasonable amount of cap space so moving Gasol won't be impossible.

On another note, this sucks for the Nuggs. I absolutely despise them when we play, but it was exciting to watch a team win without a true star. Good thing they're deep. George Karl is a fantastic coach and they can run with the elite teams out west. Hopefully this doesn't set them back too far.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 am

Well Chandler was a long shot to get to anyway. Honestly we might have more of a shot to get to their other wing: Brewer. He's not great, but he's very athletic, very long, he's a Laker killer, and he can sort of shoot.

He'd be a nice add if we could snag him, but he might be looking for a long term contract.

Definitely sucks for the Nuggets, but they aren't the only successful team with no star. There's also the Pacers and I like their style better. They grind out and work hard all night long. Kind of like a better version of the Bulls.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 am

yep. much prefer the pacers to the nuggets. better philosophy, and i think their core players are better suited to winning in the playoffs. denver's gimmicky.
abeer3

Postby juninho on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 am

Nuggets owner Kroenke doesn't wanna pay lux tax so they either trade chandler for nothing or they don't resign iguodala. Back in the day Nuggets traded camby due to lux tax and that year they made the wcf. They could use Camby against Gasol that year but they missed their chance cuz their owner was cheap.
juninho

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 am

Hmmm, I get what you guys are saying about playoff basketball because Indy's half court pace is far more playoff style than Denver's running.

But let's be honest here, Denver is 3rd in the WEST while Indy is 3rd in the EAST. That's a huge difference.
Given that Indy plays far more games against Toronto, Detroit, Philly, Cleveland, Orlando, Washington, etc. Oh and Denver still has 5 more wins.

Where as the 9th seed in the west is the Lakers. Just saying.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Hmmm, I get what you guys are saying about playoff basketball because Indy's half court pace is far more playoff style than Denver's running.

But let's be honest here, Denver is 3rd in the WEST while Indy is 3rd in the EAST. That's a huge difference.
Given that Indy plays far more games against Toronto, Detroit, Philly, Cleveland, Orlando, Washington, etc. Oh and Denver still has 5 more wins.

Where as the 9th seed in the west is the Lakers. Just saying.

It's just a preference. They're the same team, just foils of each other. One team gets it done with defense, the other with offense.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah with Denver giving up so many points, it could come back to hurt them in the playoffs. Indy on the other hand might have a good shot at the ECF. I wouldn't want an Indy/Chicago 1st round, but that's better than Chicago playing Miami in the 2nd round. I like both of those team's chances versus Miami.

I guess if Chicago drops to the 6th spot to play IND it wouldn't be too bad. Winner of that will face winner of New York/Boston. New York vs Chicago is a great second round, and we all remember the 2009 Boston/Chicago series. Except now no Rose or no Rondo, who were basically the engine of those series.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:37 pm

I think Indiana has a chance to upset Miami, but it's just a puncher's chance. I don't see anyone else coming out of the East.

Unless somehow Carmelo can score 40 points a night against the Heat. That might work.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:02 pm

If NY carries their recent momentum in the playoffs, who knows?

Someone in the Knicks thread was talking about how this Knicks team is eerily similar to the Mavs team that beat Miami in 2011.

juninho wrote:Knicks reminds me 2011 mavs. They already have Kidd and Chandler. Melo at pf creates miss matches. JR Smith is shooting like JET. Felton penetrates like Barea. Novak is like Peja. They dont have a Marion but they have Shumpert.
Chillbongo

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Chillbongo wrote:If NY carries their recent momentum in the playoffs, who knows?

Someone in the Knicks thread was talking about how this Knicks team is eerily similar to the Mavs team that beat Miami in 2011.

juninho wrote:Knicks reminds me 2011 mavs. They already have Kidd and Chandler. Melo at pf creates miss matches. JR Smith is shooting like JET. Felton penetrates like Barea. Novak is like Peja. They dont have a Marion but they have Shumpert.

Indiana is not beating Miami, IMO. They win 2 games in a 7 game series, MAX, IMO. NY is the best team that matches up in the East. They do rely on taking the 3-ball a little too much for my taste; nevertheless, when they make them at a high rate they are a very dangerous team. Carmelo has been playing out of this world, JR is averaging close to 25 pts a game, and they have the pieces on that team to make it difficult with Miami, IMO.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby juninho on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 pm

But knicks need healthy chandler and kenyon martin.

Btw If Denver wants to keep iggy and corey brewer they may wanna dumb chandler.

Jordan Hill and Chris Duhon for Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph works.

Duhon has only 1.5 mil guaranteed next year. Hill will be a bargain big for them so they wont have to pay for Mozgov. This deal will save money for them in short and long term and since Kroenke doesn't wanna pay lux tax denver may wanna do this.

For us we will get a wing player that we miss and a 4th big to replace jordan hill.
juninho

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

juninho wrote:But knicks need healthy chandler and kenyon martin.

Duhon has only 1.5 mil guaranteed next year. Hill will be a bargain big for them so they wont have to pay for Mozgov. This deal will save money for them in short and long term and since Kroenke doesn't wanna pay lux tax denver may wanna do this.

For us we will get a wing player that we miss and a 4th big to replace jordan hill.

Dang why would they give us BOTH of those guys though? I can see Hill and Duhon for Chandler but Randolph too? wow that would be a GREAT deal for us I just don't see the Nuggets bailing us out like that.
FabFourLakers

Postby juninho on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:53 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
juninho wrote:But knicks need healthy chandler and kenyon martin.

Dang why would they give us BOTH of those guys though? I can see Hill and Duhon for Chandler but Randolph too? wow that would be a GREAT deal for us I just don't see the Nuggets bailing us out like that.

Well they don't use randolph much, its just salary dump but deal can be done without him too.
juninho

Andre Iguodala Expected To Opt Out Of $16M Deal For 13-14

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Andre Iguodala Expected To Opt Out Of $16M Deal For 13-14

Andre Iguodala is expected to opt out of the final season of his current contract, which is set to pay him $16 million in order to explore free agency.

Iguodala may not receive as much money on an annual basis, but would welcome the security of a long-term deal.

Iguodala will be one of the NBA's most coveted unrestricted free agents this offseason.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_23 ... good-shape
Kobe8Fan

Postby trodgers on Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Make it happen.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Nuggets Confident Of Chances To Re-Sign Andre Iguodala

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Nuggets Confident Of Chances To Re-Sign Andre Iguodala

Andre Iguodala will be a free agent this offseason, making his situation the biggest priority for the Denver Nuggets to resolve.

Iguodala was acquired by the Nuggets last August in a four-team trade.

“Andre was a great fit, we felt,” general manager Masai Ujiri said. “He brings every aspect of the game to the table, be it defending, passing, leadership and scoring sometimes. For us, he grew with the team. I think he saw that. He’s a good priority for us. We’re definitely excited and I think Andre was excited the way he gelled with the team. We’ve had good conversations with him and we’ll continue to have those conversations. We feel confident. We feel confident with where generally everything is.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/201 ... bout/8813/
Kobe8Fan

Masai Ujiri 'Optimistic' Andre Iguodala Will Return To Nugge

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri May 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Masai Ujiri 'Optimistic' Andre Iguodala Will Return To Nuggets

Benjamin Hochman ‏@nuggetsnews 9 May

Ujiri on Iguodala possibly returning to Nuggets: “I’m very optimistic that things will go well. … We want him back.”

https://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/ ... 4172873728
Kobe8Fan

Re: Masai Ujiri 'Optimistic' Andre Iguodala Will Return To Nugs

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:40 am

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m
Pelicans strongly interested in signing free agent forward Andre Iguodala to join old Sixers teammate Jrue Holiday, sources tell Y! Sports.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 1m
Couple free agency tidbits-Teams I'm hearing in the mix for Andre Iguodala: Denver, Hawks, Pistons, Kings, Mavs, Pelicans, Warriors, Rockets
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Pelicans interested in signing Iggy (p. 2)

Postby Finwë on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:00 pm

The Pelicans have a nice team all of the sudden, with a chore of Vazquez, Holiday, Anderson and Davis. They need a SF and some depth and they probably make the playoffs. Iggy or Deng or Granger are all guys I'd consider if I'm them
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Re: Pelicans interested in signing Iggy (p. 2)

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Finwë wrote:The Pelicans have a nice team all of the sudden, with a chore of Vazquez, Holiday, Anderson and Davis. They need a SF and some depth and they probably make the playoffs. Iggy or Deng or Granger are all guys I'd consider if I'm them

You forgot Gordon! :man10:

I think they need to flip Vasquez though. He doesn't really fit there now with Holiday at the helm and he's a pretty decent PG. Better than I thought he'd ever be.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion