Bynum Discussion

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby KB24 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 am

Bynum really wants to have a solid playoffs. So far in his career he has always been limping through the post season. I'm very happy for him (and for myself for that matter).
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 am

Great game indeed by the big fella. :jam2: :jam2:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

- 24
User avatar
Tobias Funke

 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:19 am

The kid was as big as it gets tonight. If he played like this all the time, the team is unstoppable. Well let me rephrase that. If he played like this all the time and Gasol played like he played tonight all the time, the team is unstoppable.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:53 am

He scored 18 on 6/11 and grabbed 10 boards. Great game, Drew. :jam2:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7810
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby earvinfr on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:30 am

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:He scored 18 on 6/11 and grabbed 10 boards. Great game, Drew. :jam2:

Going with 2 blocks while playing only 29min !!
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: France

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 am

I was hoping for 20 and 10 but whatever :man9:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby nameant on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 am

Our 2nd best player.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25328
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby John3:16 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 am

I liked when he flexed his muscles. Not for the show, but right after that, he put his hands up to his head and you could see how into the game he was.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby assassin08 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 am

John3:16 wrote:I liked when he flexed his muscles. Not for the show, but right after that, he put his hands up to his head and you could see how into the game he was.


Either that, or that was his way of saying "Finally a call! Does Drew Bynum have to choke a witch?!"
:man12:
"I've learned that I have the strength to change."

- Al Pacino as Michael Corleone

Image
User avatar
assassin08

 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:42 pm

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby John3:16 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 am

assassin08 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:I liked when he flexed his muscles. Not for the show, but right after that, he put his hands up to his head and you could see how into the game he was.


Either that, or that was his way of saying "Finally a call! Does Drew Bynum have to choke a witch?!"
:man12:


:man10: :man10:
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 am

Bynum is really showing a lot in these playoffs...i think it's also due to the fact that we actually rely on him more this year than we did in years past....with Gasol slowing down, i think Bynum sees this as his opportunity to become the 2nd option on this team as Gasol starts to wind down. He realizes that he will NEED to be that 2nd guy now. He also realizes the Dwight Howard trade talk, and you KNOW Drew isn't trying to get traded to Orlando. I think people haven't thought about this enough...Drew sees this as his last chance to prove to the Lakers why they should keep him. If he doesn't play well in the playoffs, with the way this team is constructed, Lakers will lose, and then it will make the trade for Dwight more likely, with Drew being the prime prospect to be dealt. I hope Drew keeps beastin' it, and although I would trade Drew for Dwight right now, if Drew really balls up in these playoffs and helps us win a 3rd straight title, i think there might have to be a sense of loyalty and Lakers will try to keep the team together and go for a 4th in a row....
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby John3:16 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:55 am

FabFourLakers wrote:i think Bynum sees this as his opportunity to become the 2nd option on this team as Gasol starts to wind down. He realizes that he will NEED to be that 2nd guy now.


I agree and I disagree.

He won't be the 2nd option on this team. Not on offense. Not this year. But he can be the 2nd most important person on the team and I think he's figured that out. It started after the ASG. Kobe reinforced it in game 2 when he didn't shoot much, but had a huge impact on the game. Bynum has been doing this for us for awhile now and I don't see it changing. He might not get the 2nd most points, but his body of work: points, rebounds, blocked shots, smart passing, unselfishness, and most importantly, presence in the middle make him VERY valuable. More valuable then Gasol, Odom, RonRon, and Fisher.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 am

John3:16 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:i think Bynum sees this as his opportunity to become the 2nd option on this team as Gasol starts to wind down. He realizes that he will NEED to be that 2nd guy now.


I agree and I disagree.

He won't be the 2nd option on this team. Not on offense. Not this year. But he can be the 2nd most important person on the team and I think he's figured that out. It started after the ASG. Kobe reinforced it in game 2 when he didn't shoot much, but had a huge impact on the game. Bynum has been doing this for us for awhile now and I don't see it changing. He might not get the 2nd most points, but his body of work: points, rebounds, blocked shots, smart passing, unselfishness, and most importantly, presence in the middle make him VERY valuable. More valuable then Gasol, Odom, RonRon, and Fisher.



I'm goin to say that I disagree. Bynum not only needs to be the 2nd most important player, he needs to be the 2nd option on offense as these playoffs go on esp if PAU isn't playing at the level he needs to be playing at. This is the opportunity for Bynum to take the lead. This is his chance, and it was accelerated by the Dwight Howard trade talk. ANy time Bynum is being discussed in a deal for another star player, he steps up. But he knwows that Dwight is the one player the Lakers might actually trade him for...so it's actually accelerating this process of bringing Bynum along and eventually grooming him to be our first option...i like what i'm seeing and I think we are going to continue to see him grow in these playoffs.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby John3:16 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:19 am

FabFourLakers wrote:it was accelerated by the Dwight Howard trade talk. ANy time Bynum is being discussed in a deal for another star player, he steps up.


It was accelerated by the Dwight.... and the Melo trade talk. But I think it's because he was embarrassed.

When was the first time we saw Bynum do something great on the court? He dunked on Shaq. Right after Shaq embarrassed him.

When was the first time we saw Bynum playing consistently good (very good) ? After Kobe embarrassed him with the "ship his A out" video.

Again this year, the Melo trade rumors start and Bynum takes off. He carried it over to the playoffs because I think he's embarrassed (and possibly hurt) by the Howard trade talks.

Note to Lakers management: Embarrass Bynum!!!!! He's like the Hulk and you wouldn't like the hulk when he's embarrassed. :man10:
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:46 am

John3:16 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:it was accelerated by the Dwight Howard trade talk. ANy time Bynum is being discussed in a deal for another star player, he steps up.


It was accelerated by the Dwight.... and the Melo trade talk. But I think it's because he was embarrassed.

When was the first time we saw Bynum do something great on the court? He dunked on Shaq. Right after Shaq embarrassed him.

When was the first time we saw Bynum playing consistently good (very good) ? After Kobe embarrassed him with the "ship his A out" video.

Again this year, the Melo trade rumors start and Bynum takes off. He carried it over to the playoffs because I think he's embarrassed (and possibly hurt) by the Howard trade talks.

Note to Lakers management: Embarrass Bynum!!!!! He's like the Hulk and you wouldn't like the hulk when he's embarrassed. :man10:


We don't know how serious the Melo talks were...not sure if Lakers ever really considered that deal seriously...now the Dwight Howard rumors? I think the Lakers have been thinking about Dwight for a while now...that's the more realistic deal that Bynum has to think about. He knows that it would be him going out...so he has to step it up now and show that he is the best fit for THIS team going forward even after Kobe and Gasol are gone.

You're right though, Bynum gets motivated when he is embarrassed...i hope and pray that he keeps this up in the playoffs...if he can average 18 and 10 through out the playoffs, it will be tough to beat us. Dallas will have Chandler and Haywood to guard Bynum, and the Thunder/Grizzlies will have Perkins and Gasol to guard him. He will have to work for his points but he is easily the best center in the West playoffs right now.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 am

Drew is just having a phenomenal series. Love what I'm seeing from him: intensity, drive, and dominance on both ends. I like Drew's demeanor and the way he is approaching this thing. He got jobbed by the refs in game one but even then he was bringing energy when a lot of guys in P and G weren't. He and Ron have just been terrific. Keep it up. :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby earvinfr on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:51 am

John3:16 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:it was accelerated by the Dwight Howard trade talk. ANy time Bynum is being discussed in a deal for another star player, he steps up.

Same with Luke except that instead of stepping up he fakes an injury
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: France

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

earvinfr wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:it was accelerated by the Dwight Howard trade talk. ANy time Bynum is being discussed in a deal for another star player, he steps up.

Same with Luke except that instead of stepping up he fakes an injury

:man10: :man10: :man10:

^^That is so absolutely true! I can't tell you how much I am hoping for another amnesty clause with the new CBA.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby revgen on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 pm

"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:32 pm

^Thanks, revgen. He got it done at both ends, and he's making his jumpers, too. :jam2:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7810
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby StudentOfTheGame on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

revgen wrote:


That two handed shove by Gray on that alley-oop play was a REALLY dangerous play. Gray is doing his job by not allowing the easy bucket, but guys get maimed after fouls like that. Pissed me off, considering Bynum's leg issues.
User avatar
StudentOfTheGame

 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:40 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby revgen on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:40 pm

^Shaq got the same kind of calls too. Refs call flagrants based on how it looks, not the actual foul.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:That two handed shove by Gray on that alley-oop play was a REALLY dangerous play. Gray is doing his job by not allowing the easy bucket, but guys get maimed after fouls like that. Pissed me off, considering Bynum's leg issues.


I wasn't going to say anything about it, but I agree with you. If Gray had done that to a smaller player, it would've been a flagrant foul.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

Image
User avatar
mamatheregoesthatman

 
Posts: 7810
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Still couldn't score 20 :man9:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Andrew Bynum Discussion (welcome back to beastmode!)

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Drew was a beast this series. He's very candid in interviews too, just told John Ireland they wanted to come out and smash the Hornets, put them in their place, ouch.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.