Bynum Discussion

Re: Drew Has Done Additional Damage To His Knees By Bowling

Postby gcclaker on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 am

Personally, I really DON'T like hearing about this. The young man contributed to Laker success albeit in pockets. I'm not sure if I buy the bowling story. Seems trite.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby laker911 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 am

laker911

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 pm

this guys ending his own career before it even really begins
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:13 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:this guys ending his own career before it even really begins

:man3:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:17 pm

^^ he has a ton of potential to be healthy and be a superstar in this league. thats what i meant. he won 2 rings early in his career - who knows what could have been if his knees werent made of rice krispies
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby Legendary on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Saw this over at RealGM:

It appears the Sixer fans are starting to crack. Damn, I feel sorry for them.

So, can we get a discount double check on that next contract, Andrew? You f'n idiot. Your one job is to rest and rehab your leg. Your options are plentiful.

1) Go to a movie
2) Go to the strip club
3) Go the many Philadelphia museums
4) Take a nice brisk walk
5) Take a nap
6) Eat at the many wonderful restaurants in Philly (in moderation!)
7) Watch your teammates practice and study the playbook

Any of those are better ideas than bowling you ****.

Its not a physical sport, and if it happened to Holiday, or anyone else with a healthy knee for that matter, I would be a little annoyed but understand its a freak accident. When you have an unstable knee, you shouldn't be partaking in sports that end with you balancing your body on one leg and partially twisting your body. Especially as a 280 pound 7 footer.

I hate the Lakers always winning these trades, how come the guy the Lakers receive can't ever be the damaged goods.

Bynum got an Injury during bowling? Really? Well that's a first... Sounds like bull to me. Bowling is not a physical sport. How the heck do you bend over slightly and injure yourself. Maybe the guy should shed some weight and put some of the oil sheen on his knees.

So, if Bynum's knee responds well with non-surgical treatment for his cartilage, his timetable should stay the same. If not, chances are, he will not play this season.

And if he will be able to play again in the near future, is his knee like a ticking time bomb?

smh I would say "We cant get a break!" but thats inappropriate in this situation. So i'll just say "We cant have s***!"....

Do we get a discount this off season ? This guy is too fragile. Unless he comes back looking like prime shaq(which will never happen), the max discussion should be put on the back burner.

this is ridiculous...

can we all just admit hes done for the season now?? at this point lets just worry about our FA next year... bynum is done

We all know the next step will be to announce he needs surgery. It's inevitable.

So IF he sits out the entire season, then what? The Sixers can't sign him, he gets healthy and goes on and dominates for someone else. That is also inevitable.

What would be hilarious...what would be absolutely side-splitting...is if these two scenarios happen:

1.) Bynum goes back to the Lakers. Would you put it past them?

2.) The Nets or Celtics somhow, someway find a way to get Bynum.

I know cap room and all other kinds of things would prevent those two from happening, but with this league...you never know.

I want to die.

Seriously, I can't wait for 2012 to be over, because other than the Sixers making it past the first round against the Rose-less Bulls, this year has been an absolute f***ing disaster for Philly sports.

At least we have a ton of cap..

Ive been trying too keep a level head this whole time i never expected bynum to come here at be a 60+ games a year big with 20/12 numbers like alot of people but i would have liked to at least see the man suit up

I am a Lakers fan and have been warning anybody who would listen for YEARS that Bynum's knees were ticking time bombs. I got a lot of flack for it, argued with many fools in the Lakers forum. As a Lakers fan, I have to say I am glad we got rid of him before it was too late... but I definitely feel bad for you guys. Even if he comes back from this and produces, it will happen again.

There's no need to feel bad for us. After this season the Sixers don't have to sign him and will have plenty of cap room to sign and bring in other players. People act like we signed him to some long contract and we're stuck with him forever. Don't feel bad for us I'm just glad we know this now before we really are stuck with him.

im not at all happy about this and i have a very very bad feeling things will only get worse from here we might as well sign greg oden hes just as likely to play just as many games for us the this point in my personal opinion

i mean if hes getting hurt by doing nothing, signing him to a max deal sounds utterly retarded right now. let Mr. glass knees walk.

Damn. So much for the sixers. Doesn't matter what we do now. 6-8 seeds and 8-12 picks from here till we all die. Atleast we have the phillies.

the sixers would be stupid to sign this guy he's damaged goods

Hi there. I'm brand new to this forum...but as you can see, I like Andrew Bynum about as much as ANY Jew liked Adolf Hitler. I am a member of the ESPN boards, and have been crying ever since this deal went down. Not that I was opposed to seeing Iggy get dealt no. But because we gave up not one, but two very promising young players, and multiple draft picks for a guy in Bynum that has had 12 major knee surgeries since he was 16 years old. That's 12 people. I knew, I mean I KNEW he was not going to be anywhere near ready come the start of the season. I live in So-Cal, and I mean every single Laker fan I know, and we are talking about 100,000 + fans, were laughing at me, as well as every Sixer fan for getting Bynum.

Look, bottom line, the Sixers got screwed here. And NO WAY does any sixer fan with a IQ over 25 want this piece of SH_T Resigned. Personally, I wouldn't offer Bynum a new 5 year deal for a TOTAL of 3 million dollars. Let alone the 140 Million his agent is already on record as saying he will want from Philly,,,,,or he will walk away. GOOD. Let the Fat, bad knee BUM walk away. Andrew Bynum SUCKS!!...As my user name says. And the sooner his A** is out of MY City in Philly, the Happier I will be. And trust me, the Happier you all out there will be. I'm just sad that our STUPID management gave up so much talent for a such a PROVEN Medical-issued Bum like Bynum.

Anyways, have a Happy Saturday fans.

Prepare for lock-age. Last time someone posted an anti-Bynum comment (me) it was locked before you could say "cartilage damage". Some here thought this was simply a matter of taking a few games off to rest a sore knee.

Not me.

It's a combo of bad knees and a wimpy approach to bad knees. They are what they are: Get in there you big sissy loser.

starting to get the feeling that he just doesn't wanna be here.

The fact that the fate, and relevancy, of the franchise is tied to the judgement and knees of Bynum is everything but comfortable. Such a boneheaded thing to do. Why can't more guys be like Durant or even LBJ.

If they sign this dude to the max, im starting to think its gonna be exactly like the Elton Brand signing...coming off and injury signing a dude to the max again. But atleast EB has one of the best work ethics in the NBA but he never played to that contract and we all regretted signing him, i dont see that work ethic in Bynum seems like he doesnt care if he plays cause he knows some team will throw the max or close to it at him regardless of his knees this season....sorry thats the end of my little rant, just pissed this dude got hurt bowling

I just don't get why the **** you would go bowling while rehabing messed up knees.
Thats like deciding to go the gym and squat. like something you should just know to stay away from.
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Can't remember did he sign an extension with Philly or is it still team option next year?
D.B. Cooper

Postby Johnnyboy on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

to think people on here still think howard is a bigger risk than Bynum and that bynum is not injury prone. That he was a victim of "freak accidents" lol
Johnnyboy

Postby The Rock on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/270285219679068162

Andrew Bynum confirms he hurt his knee bowling. Said it swelled up after he hit lanes.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby kenzo on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:Can't remember did he sign an extension with Philly or is it still team option next year?

The latter. If i was a GM in the NBA i wouldn't sign him for a max contract. One more surgery or "freak injury" and he may be unemployed. He better not end up like Spree or AI :freak2:
kenzo

Drew Comments On The Bowling Injury

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Drew Comments On The Bowling Injury

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

Bynum: 'I think it happened bowling.'

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum: 'It sucks. ... In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have gone bowling. I don't see anything wrong with bowling.'

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum: 'If I get hurt bowling, what would happen dunking?'

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers Collins, asked if there is anything he wants to add to what #Bynum said, shakes head no.

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Bynum says he has been bowling two or three times since he got here.

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum says it happened bowling a week ago Saturday.

https://twitter.com/tmoorepburbs/status ... 0690195456
Kobe8Fan

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm

:man5:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm

feel bad for drew but im so glad this isnt our problem anymore

i can only imagine if we still had him...everything that's gone on and is happening...and to deal with a 'bowling' setback? LA would have been furious
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Rock on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Look at his interview from today

http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/bynum-addresses-media

He doesn't feel bad at all. Not one bit. His demeanor is like "Oh well it happened. It is what it is" *shrugs* Glad hes gone.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Tom Moore ‏@tmoorepburbs

#Sixers #Bynum: 'If I get hurt bowling, what would happen dunking?'

Pretty much sums it up. If his knees can't handle bowling, they aren't going to handle basketball.

These recent injuries aren't "freak accidents" like what happened to him in the past. This is wear and tear.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby hoopschick03 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Drew is 7ft, top-heavy, high center of gravity, and has a bad knee. Bowling is not low impact or low risk for him. When you have structural/stability issues with your knees, you can't do what average people do. And when you have a bad wheel, you really have to watch yourself. And when you have a $100 mil contract on the line, really?

Drew is not a dumb person. He's been getting these shots in his knees. He wore a brace all last season for preventative purposes. He KNOWS he has knees that are prone to injury. He knows this. He cannot be in that kind of denial. So when you know these knees and getting them right are the only thing in the way of $100+ million...really Drew?? :man3:
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:46 pm

The Rock wrote:Look at his interview from today

http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/bynum-addresses-media

He doesn't feel bad at all. Not one bit. His demeanor is like "Oh well it happened. It is what it is" *shrugs* Glad hes gone.

half-veiled smirk. so lackadaisical.

glad he's gone from our squad.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm

hoopschick03 wrote:Drew is 7ft, top-heavy, high center of gravity, and has a bad knee. Bowling is not low impact or low risk for him.

First of all, his left knee was the "good" knee until he hurt it when bowling. 2nd of all, if Bynum could injure his knee bowling, he could injure it walking down the street. Bowling has literally no impact on the knees and shouldn't destroy carlilage. The kind of injury you get while bowling is a pulled groin or hamstring if you step too far.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby hoopschick03 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 pm

revgen wrote:
hoopschick03 wrote:Drew is 7ft, top-heavy, high center of gravity, and has a bad knee. Bowling is not low impact or low risk for him.

First of all, his left knee was the "good" knee until he hurt it when bowling. 2nd of all, if Bynum could injure his knee bowling, he could injure it walking down the street. Bowling has literally no impact on the knees and shouldn't destroy carlilage. The kind of injury you get while bowling is a pulled groin or hamstring if you step too far.

I totally disagree. When you have a bad wheel, you run the risk of hurting the good wheel just by overcompensating. When you're bowling, balance and even weight distribution is very important. You're in essentially 'dress' shoes on a slippery wood floor, you have to crouch down on the release, and your knees can sway side to side. It's not a natural movement like WALKING. It's all about form. And when you're already favoring one side of your body, of course there's risk of injury even to parts that aren't hurt.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:31 pm

hoopschick03 wrote:
revgen wrote:

I totally disagree. When you have a bad wheel, you run the risk of hurting the good wheel just by overcompensating. When you're bowling, balance and even weight distribution is very important. You're in essentially 'dress' shoes on a slippery wood floor, you have to crouch down on the release, and you're knees can sway side to side. It's not a natural movement like WALKING. It's all about form. And when you're already favoring one side of your body, of course there's risk of injury even to parts that aren't hurt.

Swaying side to side would not damage cartilage. It would run the risk of tearing ligaments such as the ACL or MCL, but cartilage shouldn't be affected. Cartilage is basically a shock absorber. There is no heaving pounding going on when a person bowls. The chance of damaging cartilage bowling as is about as likely as any of the low-impact exercises that the 76ers had Bynum doing recently.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby hoopschick03 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

But Rev, it was not any of those low-impact team-sanctioned exercises that caused him to hurt his 'good' knee. It was bowling. They're not equivalents. Bowling is not the same or carry the same low risk as walking or riding a stationary.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby revgen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm

hoopschick03 wrote:But Rev, it was not any of those low-impact team-sanctioned exercises that caused him to hurt his 'good' knee. It was bowling. They're not equivalents. Bowling is not the same or carry the same low risk as walking or riding a stationary.

When it comes to damaging cartilage, it is the same.

If Bynum injured his ACL or MCL or pulled a muscle than I'd agree with you.
Last edited by revgen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby c.Lin on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Bynum is pretty much trolling at this point. He couldn't care less about basketball. Get that money while you can.
c.Lin

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Interesting to see how his whole contract situation plays out.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 am

Whether he really hurt himself or not from bowling is irrelevant, he has glass knees period...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion