Bynum Discussion

Re: ANDREW BYNUM APPRECIATION THREAD

Postby escobar8 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:21 pm

did odom alsp got injured...???
escobar8

Postby iberian_oso on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:39 pm

iberian_oso wrote:Well, it´s not his right knee again, so there is hope...

My bad, I read in NBA.com it was his left knee

Watching the images, the injury looks bad :man6:
THE TWO MAGES, THE TWO KINGS IN YELLOW: MAGIC JOHNSON & MÁGICO GONZÁLEZ
iberian_oso

Postby KGB on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:And I have tickets to Celtics/Lakers in 5 days...

Awesome timing, especially considering I just bought my Bynum jersey.

Wear it to the game just for bynum.

I appreciate the S**T outta drew.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby myusernamesucks on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Since we have "The Black Mamba" and "The Cobra" I see it fitting that Andrew should be title "The Anaconda"

Andrew "The Anaconda" Bynum
myusernamesucks

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Too many snakes... Sounds weird.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 pm

It has been frustrating to see this happen to Drew again. He's one of my favorite current Lakers. I have ever confidence that he will be back before the Playoffs, ready to go. Get well soon, big guy.
Forward Three

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:20 am

Drew deserves more credit tonight imo. He played very well, rebounding, going up for BLOCKS instead of just putting his hands up, was very aggressive early which i think caught Dwight off guard.

First time he actually backed up his words against the media this postseason, i'm very proud of Drew and if he can play like this without getting in foul trouble, we're gonna hold the O'Brien sooner than we hope =)
thisbjgz

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:56 am

Drew came out strong today and put Howard on his heels early. It should be a tough series and Bynum is still overmatched, but he did a great job on Howard. Howard is great player currently and Drew is showing all the signs of developing into one of the great centers of the game. Drew needs to play within his limitations right now. Watch the fouls, but solid game overall today.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby karacha on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 am

Drew deserves credit. He was working hard, he looks more mobile for some reason. In any case, he should know we need his defense. Just play defense and work hard on the boards. That's all.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:41 am

I REALLY liked what I saw from AB tonight...he was active, he was taking it RIGHT at Dwight, and he was altering/blocking shots and crashing the boards. He played GREAT D on Dwight, and even though he had 5 fouls, every foul was a GOOD, HARD foul on Dwight, and most of the time Dwight would go 1 for 2 at the line, instead of getting a layup or a DUNK.

If Bynum can limit Dwight Howard and get 10 pts and 10 rebounds and alter/block shots, he will be given a TON of credit for this championship... a lot of ppl said he was the missing piece last year, i feel like Bynum has something to prove. I hope he continues to bring it.

Someone said it earlier but Howard is a VERY good match up for Bynum cuz he doesnt take Bynum away from the basket. Yao Ming is a bad match up for Bynum because he can hit fadeaway shots and has a more refined post game...where is Howard tries to overpower you and DUNK on you....Bynum wont be overpowered by Howard as much as ppl think....Howard will need to work for every basket....i feel like we shouldnt EVER double Howard....Bynum can hold his own against him as long as he stays out of foul trouble
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:48 am

Drew and Pau were awesome at denying D12 touches & position ... they really couldn't have done a much better job in that regard.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby png247 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 am

andrew played as well as i could hope for. he deserves a ton of credit for his performance last night.
png247

Postby Lakerfan24R on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Bynum being present this series is all the difference in the world. If the Lakers had Bynum last year against Boston...LA wins.

The matchups are entirely different. If Bynum played last year...Perkins would have been guarding him. Advantage Lakers. Gasol matches up well to Garnett. But with Bynum out...it's now Gasol on Perkins and Odom on Garnett. Match up totally favors Boston.

IMO...Phil Jackson made a mistake last year. What Jackson should have done was play Turiaf more and have him match up against Perkins and keep Gasol on Garnett. Odom would have played more small forward and use his length to guard Pierce who isn't all that quick.

But going back to the Orlando series...Gasol is a tough match for Lewis. Bynum can neutralize Howard at times which is what we saw. Gasol can match up Howard for a short time span. If Bynum was out...you run into the same problem where now Gasol is matched up to Howard almost full time and now Odom is on Lewis. Lewis doesn't have to necessarily worry about playing post up defense like he does against Gasol. Changes the whole complexion.

Bynum must continue to develop. The future for the Lakers and winning more championships is for the Lakers to become more big man and low post oriented with both Bynum and Gasol. Gasol should continue to work on his outside shot. Kobe will be more of a facilitator and his minutes must be cut down and he needs to eventually learn how to become more efficient in scoring. What I mean by more efficient is that at times...Kobe is dribbling left and right and running around all over just to get open and get a shot off. He expends a tremendous amount of energy at times.

In the future...hopefully Kobe is able to run more pick and rolls and simply just pull up for an easy jumper or simply pass off for an assist.
Lakerfan24R

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 am

Terrific all around game, delivering the scoring, rebounding and blocks. The most efficient player tonight as he has been throughout this season.

25pts, 9rebs, 2blks, 1stl

FG%: 82%

FT%: 100% (7/7)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby blakeruns on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:28 am

the guy has SUUUUUCH a sweeeeeet touch! i wish he would beast it and power jump for a dunk, but he gets his points. he does his thing, and he PLAYS HIS ROLE!

keep doing you, Drew.
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:01 am

what? Drew appreciation thread????

This board has already made up their mind....he sucks, is lazy and overpaid.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MadMax on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:35 am

^
You forgot immature. :man12:
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Bynum is now DECISIVE in his moves...the spins, drop steps, hooks with either hand. Before he used to get the ball, gather himself then either have it stripped, blocked or miss the shot. Defensively, Bynum is not there yet but will be as the season progresses. Once he gets his timing completely on that side of the ball, it will make the squad even more formidable. One HUGE positive is Bynum's speed in changing ends getting to his spots early where the wings and guards have been smart enough to get him the rock early.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:07 pm

It's been such a joy to watch this kid mature so quickly before our eyes. He's got the length, soft touch, great hands, and coordination to do a lot of great things before his career ends.

The next weapon I'd like to see him develop is a consistent move to his left hand in the post. Most often it seems he brings the ball back to the right hand even when he spins left on the block. When he develops a left handed hook on that move, there really won't be any stopping him.

I really think injuries are the only thing that can prevent him from being a consistent 20 & 10 player in this league for many years to come.
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:15 pm

KB24@CL wrote:what? Drew appreciation thread????

Like madmax said - immature as well, but you forgot some other "opinions." He's also fat, and he's an idiot, too! Oh yeah, he's also uncoordinated and irritating.

But hey, to each his own right?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:It's been such a joy to watch this kid mature so quickly before our eyes. He's got the length, soft touch, great hands, and coordination to do a lot of great things before his career ends.

The next weapon I'd like to see him develop is a consistent move to his left hand in the post. Most often it seems he brings the ball back to the right hand even when he spins left on the block. When he develops a left handed hook on that move, there really won't be any stopping him.

I really think injuries are the only thing that can prevent him from being a consistent 20 & 10 player in this league for many years to come.

He used it a few times yesterday after making a move to his right, and spinning back towards the basket with his left. And man was it effective.

I think he also needs to keep his head up once he makes his moves, as well as get communication from his teammates. Often he gets blindsided by another defender and doesn't have the vision and time to react., hence where the majority of his TO's occur.

Once he develops better vision in the post, much like Pau, look out...
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:03 pm

nba.com and espn.com got a video about him on the front pages. hes quickly becoming a recognized by the media as an allstar player.
crazylakerfanforlife

Postby pureuncut100 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:14 pm

If he stays healthy, it is comforting to know that we have a great building block for the future after the Kobe era is over. A 22 year old 20ppg/10rpg center (especially on such a talented team) is extremely special. If you consider all the time Bynum lost, it is even more special than it appears.

Is it possible that we got the best player in the 2005 draft? Given Bynum just turned 22, has had serious injuries and plays one of the most effective positions in the game, the answer right now is maybe.
pureuncut100

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:what? Drew appreciation thread????

Like madmax said - immature as well, but you forgot some other "opinions." He's also fat, and he's an idiot, too! Oh yeah, he's also uncoordinated and irritating.

But hey, to each his own right?

oh ya I forgot...he can't jump an inch which makes him annoying.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

crazylakerfanforlife wrote:nba.com and espn.com got a video about him on the front pages. hes quickly becoming a recognized by the media as an allstar player.

There is no way people can miss this kid. He was on his way to stardom when he had the last injury. Then he came back in the playoffs, playing injured and some idiots started to write him for that. Now he's getting into form, back to the beast we knew last January. He's only 22, he's our star of the future as long as he stays healthy. He has been groomed as the Laker heir to Kobe and he's already the best Center in the West.

Some devious minded Laker haters have tried to mischaracterize him. His productivity and efficiency speak for themselves. He's an elite Center in this league and you have to be quite negligent to not notice that he has outplayed and dominated against every other center during the regular season. But like I said, there is a lot of anti-Laker envy around the country. They hate the fact that we always find a way to be the best team.

One sportswriter recently called Bynum's stats, "Duncanish" and there is reason for that.

Bynum's mentor and teacher: Kareem
Bynum's idol and role model: Tim Duncan

Bynum isn't trying to flashy, he's trying to efficient like Tim Duncan: those boring skills that bring home championships.
ShaqDieselLaker

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion