Andrew Goudelock Waived: no longer a Laker (pg 23)

Re: Andrew Gl0ck/G-LOC Discussion Thread

Postby Showtime'sDynasty on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Take the Glock out the holster Brown
Showtime'sDynasty

Postby Helljumper on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 pm

kray28 wrote:Glock isn't getting minutes at the 1....so that means if he's any getting minutes, it's at the 2. Which means after you take away the 35-40 minutes that Kobe plays...you got about 8-12 backup 2 minutes left. Those go to any combination of Blake/Barnes/Peace.

But they shouldn't... Goudelock is already a much better back-up SG than Blake, Barnes, or Peace.
Helljumper

Postby nolQQkpass on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 pm

not as quick as mo, but glock can play a role just like mo williams. instant offense. get the crowd into the game. when blake is in.. *yawn*
nolQQkpass

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:37 pm

This is now the second rookie that Brown has probably killed the confidence for. Ebanks/Glock.

You don't need to play Kobe 35-40 minutes a game. Glock should be getting 10-12 minutes a game. Definitely should be getting Blake's minutes because he gives us absolutely nothing when he is in the game.

Glock would have more of an impact on the game. Blake hasn't gotten the boot yet to the bench permanently because he is a vet., which is stupid because Glock has more to offer than Blake.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 pm

So basically he's out of the rotation because Brown is preparing the team for the playoffs which Mini Mamba has no experience in... don't think this "old" article has been posted yet

By Mark Medina

March 23, 2012, 6:38 p.m.
Coach Mike Brown doesn't plan to use rookie guard Andrew Goudelock in the regular rotation much anymore.

He appeared only in garbage time in the Lakers' 109-93 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday and didn't play in the Lakers' loss to the Houston Rockets on Tuesday. Brown said the reason has less to do with Ramon Sessions' arrival to the Lakers' backcourt and more to do with the postseason awaiting in a little more than a month.

"We're shrinking it a little bit," Brown said of his rotation.

Because of that, Brown in recent games has paired Sessions with multiple guards, including Kobe Bryant and Steve Blake. Meanwhile, Brown has played forward Matt Barnes at shooting guard while Metta World Peace played at small forward. Goudelock's strong outside shooting (36.2% from three-point range) helped elevate his time in the rotation, but concerns arise on whether an inexperienced player could sustain such performances in the playoffs.

'Goudelock has been good for us and had some great experience," Brown said of his rookie guard, who is averaging 4.4 points in 10.7 minutes a game. "He needs to keep himself mentally and physically ready in case his number is called. But we're about to get busy right here. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it with some guys who have been to the dance before. Metta has been there and Matt has been there."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-mike-brown-indicates-andrew-goudelock-out-of-rotation-20120323,0,5973879.story
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Good mentality

By Mark Medina

March 24, 2012, 7:16 p.m.
The competitor in Lakers rookie guard Andrew Goudelock wishes he could remain on the court. Yet, Goudelock maintained a pragmatic view regarding the plan by Lakers Coach Mike Brown to keep him out of the rotation since the postseason awaits in a little more than a month.

"It's an experience thing," said Goudelock, who's averaging 4.4 points in 10.7 minutes a game. "I'm a rookie, obviously. We got a lot of experienced guys on this team and it's close to playoff time. The knowledge and experience they have is very valuable. That's the biggest component of it that he expressed to me."

Brown first told reporters about his tightened rotation before the Lakers' 103-96 victory Friday over the Portland Trail Blazers. But Goudelock said Brown talked with him privately earlier in the week about his reduced playing time. The rookie hasn't played in two of the last three games, and his stint in the Lakers' win Wednesday over the Dallas Mavericks came in garbage time. That's a far cry from when the Lakers regularly leaned on Goudelock's 36.2% shooting mark from three-point range earlier in the season.

Instead of bemoaning his demotion, Goudelock said he'll simply work more on his game. He and rookie guard Darius Morris already arrive early for pregame workouts and stay late after practice to work on ballhandling and shooting drills.

Goudelock plans to elevate that routine by watching more film and working on drills that will improve his ballhandling, pick-and-roll execution, defense and conditioning. He also will monitor a sore right Achilles' tendon that he said he injured recently, requiring him to ice after games and wear extra padding in his sneakers.

"I understand what's going on. I just have to keep working hard. Everything will be all right," Goudelock said. "I just have to stay ready. You can never get too high and never get too low. Things like this happen. We're winning. I don't have a problem with it. Everybody loves to play so you want to be out there. But at the same time, you can't control certain situations."

wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:11 am

Poor kid is suffering from Mike Brown's decision making... I'm not entirely sure what Blake is offering these days that Goudelock couldn't. A little bit of size defensively? I mean, he's not a strong defender but neither is Blake.

Blake doesn't really deserve to play anymore. I'm not sure why they wouldn't at least give the rook a try.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:45 am

^It especially annoys me when Brown plays Blake and Sessions together. Neither of them are SG's.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:54 am

fklukewalton wrote:what did glock take a dump on mike's desk or something?

Some other poster said Gl0ck had done worse...he smashed potatoes in front of Brown
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 am

You are tightening down you playoff rotations by leaving guys out that can contribute more than guys in the rotation?

That Clown needs a swift kick upside the head.

Basically. K-G-B will be run into the ground and when help does arrive it will be in the form of subpar players, while better ones sit out. Thanks but no thanks.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby davriver290 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 am

scored 24 pts with Glock just on threes on 2k12! LOL. Ramon has 15 assits. PLAY HIM MIKE BROWN :man10:
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 am

davriver290 wrote:scored 24 pts with Glock just on threes on 2k12! LOL. Ramon has 15 assits. PLAY HIM MIKE BROWN :man10:

Yeah I had a game like this with a friend. He played with the Bulls and said I should leave Kobe out because I can't play without ... so did he with Rose. Next thing is Gl0ck hitting 3 after 3 :man10: :man10: and he goes like "wtf is this Clockkid"
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby rgb198524 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 am

Doc Brown wrote:You are tightening down you playoff rotations by leaving guys out that can contribute more than guys in the rotation?

Basically. K-G-B will be run into the ground and when help does arrive it will be in the form of subpar players, while better ones sit out. Thanks but no thanks.

No offense, but we knew it was going to happen because rookies especially our rookies don't see much playing time in the playoffs anyway.
rgb198524

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 am

rgb198524 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:You are tightening down you playoff rotations by leaving guys out that can contribute more than guys in the rotation?

No offense, but we knew it was going to happen because rookies especially our rookies don't see much playing time in the playoffs anyway.

What's the excuse for regular season games?
Doc Brown

Postby rgb198524 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
rgb198524 wrote:

What's the excuse for regular season games?

It's simple he doesn't trust him enough especially this late in the regular season.
rgb198524

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Said it before and I'll say it again. Brown has proven to be an extremely conservative coach. It's ironic because some of the early supporters were saying he was doing things Phil would never do like play his young players. But GLOCK was actually performing very well with the second unit and Brown just shut him out now.

I just get this feeling that Brown does not have a good sense of his players and what will work. Phil had head scratching moments every season, but at the end of the day you basically knew who was going to be out there. I don't think the current bench has any clue as to who will be in at any given time. There's not enough season left to be this clueless when it comes to your rotations.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Sessions and Blake at the same time isn't a great idea. Sessions and Barnes? Sure, they're working great together. Barnes and Artest should split minutes. Blake with GLOCK? Works great. It's not rocket science.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Can't believe this guy was having such a good rookie season having come out of nowhere and now he's benched for no reason. At this point I'd almost rather he was our backup 1 instead of Blake, a scoring guard off the bench, not like he can't pass either, he has quickness and can draw 2 and hit the open man.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

FREEEE GLOOOCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 am

Weezy wrote:Can't believe this guy was having such a good rookie season having come out of nowhere and now he's benched for no reason. At this point I'd almost rather he was our backup 1 instead of Blake, a scoring guard off the bench, not like he can't pass either, he has quickness and can draw 2 and hit the open man.

Not maybe, it's definitely time. I'm done with Blake, it's time to let the Rook get a shot. If for no other reason to get Blake's damn attention and let him know his play has been unacceptable.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 am

but Blake experience is way more valuable !
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 am

he was top 5 on the rookie charts and now has dnp...so dumb. playing sessions with glock instead of blake would prob be awesome and productive and build the rookies confidence and thus contribute even more. sure his d isnt up to par but whose is on our team and thats why you work with him not just shut it out. mike cmon anyone can see that sesh would make glock better.
Ariza3

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 am

wut the hell did this kid do to deserve no playing time? he was playing just fine and most times was our only bench production. he would fit perfectly alongside blake since blake hardly shoots
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 am

wut the hell did this kid do to deserve no playing time? he was playing just fine and most times was our only bench production. he would fit perfectly alongside blake since blake hardly shoots
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:26 am

brandonr2001 wrote:wut the hell did this kid do to deserve no playing time? he was playing just fine and most times was our only bench production. he would fit perfectly alongside blake since blake hardly shoots

He doesn't have playoff experience so he is locked out of the rotation until next season because Brown already has his dumb a** rotations set for the playoffs and like utilizing an 8 man rotation because he thinks this is college ball.

Morris / Glock / Ebanks / Hill are all better than Blake and get no burn. Hill I can understand, but the first 3 are perimeter players that can offer WAY more than 2 pts, a couple turnovers and horizontal passing, but alas Blake has playoff experience.

So does Scalabrine but you don't see that fat curly headed f*** leaving the bench.

FREEEE GLLLOOOOOOCCCCKKK!!!!
Doc Brown

Postby exzacklyright on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 am

He's 10 times better than blake who does nothing.
exzacklyright

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion