Andrew Goudelock Waived: no longer a Laker (pg 23)

Re: Andrew Gl0ck/G-LOC Discussion Thread

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon May 14, 2012 10:00 pm

glock almost made the game close. blake with 0 points tonight, play glock please
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Ariza3 on Mon May 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Glock & Morris - 10pts (4-5 FG% 2-2 3PT%) 0TO

Blake & Sesh - 2pts (1-8 FG% 0-1 3PT%) 3TO & 7 Assists

Scoring Lineup vs. Feeding Bigs Lineup

Simple. cmon MB! Maybe not Morris...but at least Glock for Blake/Sesh
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Mon May 14, 2012 10:33 pm

I've said it multiple times in multiple threads for a long time now, I don't see why Glock stopped being our backup 2. We LACK offense off the bench, he SCORES. Is he great, no, is he the savior of the team, no, but he's better than what we're going with now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 am

Weezy wrote:I've said it multiple times in multiple threads for a long time now, I don't see why Glock stopped being our backup 2. We LACK offense off the bench, he SCORES. Is he great, no, is he the savior of the team, no, but he's better than what we're going with now.

It's because he wasn't scoring 15ppg of the bench. Mike Brown values "experience" over guys that can actually provide something off the bench. Glock spreads the floor, opens up the paint and has the ability to finish in the paint with a floater. Is his defense great? No, but neither is Derek Fisher's offense. Fisher wouldn't kill Glock if they were in the game together and judging from Fisher's play here, I bet Glock would have some opportunities to make plays against him.

But, his butt isn't getting off the pine any time soon, so I guess we will have to wait and see what he can do next year, if he is even given the chance. Just straight pulling him from the rotation for no reason is inexcusable.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby kray28 on Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

Weezy wrote:I've said it multiple times in multiple threads for a long time now, I don't see why Glock stopped being our backup 2. We LACK offense off the bench, he SCORES. Is he great, no, is he the savior of the team, no, but he's better than what we're going with now.

Defense. To be fair...in this series, when Fish is in, I think we can throw him in there for some RATATATATA and hide him on Fish at the other end.

How sad is it that we did not exploit Fish in this game?
kray28

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

its sad glock cant get mins to take advantage of fisher. when teams played us they would exploit fisher's age and lack of speed on d and their guards would kill us.

we on the other hand play blake on fisher and get nothing..obviously.

why didnt we put sesh on fish and let him run wild? or play glock on fish and let him run wild? we did at the end with morris/glock and look what happend...combined 10pts (4-5FG% 2-2 3PT%)

mb is an idiot
Ariza3

Postby KB24 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Glock & Morris - 10pts (4-5 FG% 2-2 3PT%) 0TO

Blake & Sesh - 2pts (1-8 FG% 0-1 3PT%) 3TO & 7 Assists

Scoring Lineup vs. Feeding Bigs Lineup

Simple. cmon MB! Maybe not Morris...but at least Glock for Blake/Sesh

Glock and Morris played against scrubs after the game was over
Blake and Sesh got grilled by the time the Thunder were serious.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby revgen on Tue May 15, 2012 2:30 pm

^Fish is a scrub at this point of his career. So what's Blake's excuse?
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby kray28 on Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

revgen wrote:^Fish is a scrub at this point of his career. So what's Blake's excuse?

The worst part was when Blake left out there hanging out to dry and guard Westbrook. That was just insane.
kray28

Postby JGC on Tue May 15, 2012 9:52 pm

If they keep playing Sessions in the Derek Fisher spot up and hang out in the corners role, then yes they should just bench Sessions entirely and go with Glock who will do better in that kind of capacity.
JGC

Postby GoldHammish on Tue May 15, 2012 10:34 pm

kray28 wrote:How sad is it that we did not exploit Fish in this game?

No kidding. You'd think we'd know best that you can exploit Fisher's deficiencies seeing as how we had to suffer through it for so long. :man5:
GoldHammish

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 pm

mb needs to play glock if he's not gunna let sesh attack and play p&r...or at least play glock at the 2 instead of blake in that certain lineup. sesh & blake lineup is 4 on 5 offensively bc blake doesnt want to shoot...at least glock will. hes called mini-mamba for a reason!
Ariza3

Postby BicepKiss on Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

He's what our second unit needs. Specifically that fail unit brown put in at the beginning of the fourth. What would be the downside to throwing him into the lineup. I mean hes got his money floater and can hit jumpers. What more could you want? Forget defense this unit needs some offense.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby Ariza3 on Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 pm

how bad does our 2nd unit or blake/sesh have to play for mb to give glock a chance? if we find ourselves down 3-0 in the series i better see glock out there for some mins over sesh/blake.
Ariza3

Postby BicepKiss on Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Ariza3 wrote:how bad does our 2nd unit or blake/sesh have to play for mb to give glock a chance? if we find ourselves down 3-0 in the series i better see glock out there for some mins over sesh/blake.

We got that answer last game.... 30 point blowout bad :bang:
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Brian Kamenetzky of ESPN wrote: 4. Goudelock will have trouble sticking.

Given a chance to play the point in the first half, Andrew Goudelock struggled. It's just not his game. While he showed the ability to get to the basket and drilled his only 3-point attempt, Goudelock was less successful organizing the offense. Undersized as a 2-guard, Goudelock struggled there defensively last year. Unfortunately, he's underskilled as a point, and ultimately that's what will keep him from making this guard heavy roster. He's a great kid, one I hope can catch on with another squad, but at this point it feels like he's auditioning for another squad.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby revgen on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:04 pm

^Pretty much sums it up. He's a tweener. Unless we can find a PG who is 6'5 and can guard SG's (Andre Miller) to come off the bench instead of Blake, so Glock can guard PG's and shoot like a SG on offense, I don't see Glock sticking around.

On that note, if we packaged Clark (expring), Morris (technically expiring), and Duhon (last year only guaranteed for 1.5 mil) to Denver (who is over the cap and looking for room to sign Lawson next season) for Miller, we get a better backup PG then we have now. And since Glock has the size to guard PG's so Miller won't have to, maybe that would work. But I don't see Denver dealing Miller unless they absolutely have to. Karl loves him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lakersStan24 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Sad if Glock Goes He has Potential
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby davriver290 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I loved Glock, but we got Meeks now. He will find a home with a team somewhere. Sadly it is not with us, even though last year he showed he can play amongst this league.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm

i think we should keep him and sacre and thats it. if kobe misses a game or something it would be nice to start meeks and have glock backup meeks.

Kobe/Meeks/Glock would be a good rotation. we saw what glock can do when given minutes last season. averaging double digits. so i say we keep him as insurance and also bc he can actually play. 3's and floaters
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Ariza3 wrote:i think we should keep him and sacre and thats it. if kobe misses a game or something it would be nice to start meeks and have glock backup meeks.

Kobe/Meeks/Glock would be a good rotation. we saw what glock can do when given minutes last season. averaging double digits. so i say we keep him as insurance and also bc he can actually play. 3's and floaters

While he's a pretty good scorer, he continues to be a huge liability on defense. If Nash and Glock were ever on the court together, Dwight's going to have a lot of work.
XXIV

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:35 am

its his last chance. hope he gets some minutes in the last pre season games now that kobes out. rather see him backing up meeks than ebanks when hes the backup to mwp. pointless.
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 pm

He's probably going to get cut, but in all reality should be the backup PG. With how this offense looks, we need scorers, not facilitators.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:23 pm

4 minutes 9 points lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby SK8 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:26 pm

With kings third lineup on flor...
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew