Andrew Goudelock Waived: no longer a Laker (pg 23)

Re: Andrew Goudelock Waived: no longer a Laker (pg 23)

Postby kray28 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:43 pm

DJO might be useful because he's supposedly super athletic, can shoot, and can defend smaller guards.

I don't know who thinks Morris will pan out, but apparently he has some fans in the front office. Clark stays because he's another big athletic body and he gets paid too much to cut.
kray28

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 pm

“@paugasol: Today @0goudelock got waived from our team. I know he's going to be all right and wherever his next destination might be, he'll get buckets!”
Ariza3

Postby JGC on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:Glock wasn't a good fit fellas...and don't forget there are 2 sides of the ball. On defense (which should be the emphasis here...we got 4 All-stars on the team....we'll be fine in regards to scoring fellas) dude would've got killed. He's too short to guard a typical SG and too slow (not athletic enough) to guard the PG.

Offensively he could hold his own and no one is saying he can't...but in terms of commanding the offense as a PG, he couldn't do that and more importantly, defensively he's a huge liability. Either our bigs would be exposed to foul trouble or perimeter players would have good looks cause he's not tall enough to challenge the shot.

This explains better than I've been doing. The stats are definitely misleading as far as production goes.

And he averaged 0.5 assists and 0.5 turnovers. His assist/to ratio is 1:1 which is awful for any guard position.

I agree about his limitations defensively, but he is a role player coming off the bench in limited minutes. Every player that comes off the bench in a limited capacity is going to have areas of their game that is weak. Thats why they come off the bench instead of making big bucks as a 35 mpg starter. I mean its fair to say Goudelock is too small to defend SGs And too slow to defend PGs but you could say the same for Jamison. Too small to defend 4s and too slow to defend 3s but so what he can score for us.
JGC

Postby dj vitus on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:30 pm

live and die in LA wrote:Okay so maybe Glock is a liability on defense and an undersized shooting guard, I get that. I just have a hard time thinking guys like Morris, Clark and DJO can contribute more to this team. At least we knew Goudelock had the range and a deadly floater. I truly believe he will make it somewhere as a spark off the bench.

Yeah, just wait until he goes to either the Clippers, Heat, or Thunder, and then torches us out of our own building.

I'm sure ANY coach would love to have him on their team as an extra shooter. Why the heck were we trying to make him a PG? Can we really teach a duck to run better than to swim? We have four freaking PGs already! :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Willx on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:11 am

This really sucks.. First CDR then Goudelock... I honestly think Goudelock was our second best shooter under Nash... I think he has a better shot than Meeks, but can't keep up on D due to his size.. :bang:
Willx

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 am

BDG wrote:Like others said, I wish we waived Morris instead ... didn't really understand why we extended him.

This. I would have liked to have kept CDR, Glock, and Sacre out of the bench. We should have waived Morris, and keep DJO if possible. If not, go the D-league with Glock or DJO.

To me, Glock was like Sasha.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 am

It will have little impact on the outcome of our season but I can say I have been very unimpressed by the talent evaluation from the Lakers ... CDR and G-Lock definetely could have helped at some point during the season ...

I understand you can't waive a Duhon or Clark like that from a financial standpoint , but to give Morris a guaranteed contract over Glock ? poor choice
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 am

I wouldn't have waived him.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 am

:man10:

I never really got why Goudelock got so much love around here. "Mini Mamba" is probably the worst nickname in the league, and I cringe every time I hear someone say it.

This guy is garbage though, no need to even sugar coat it. Seriously guys, he's not anywhere close to even being an "average" NBA player. He stunk it up in summer league, and his stats last season were lousy. There's not much room on any NBA team for an undersized, unathletic shooting guard. Let's not even get into how bad he is on the defensive end...

Let's check out some of his stats from last season:
4.4 ppg on 39% from the field, and 37% from 3, with as many turnovers as assists per game... If you can't guard a damn barstool you better be knocking down 47%+ of your 3 points attempts ala Novak. While 37% from 3 is respectable, he's by no means "automatic" from that distance.

Advanced stats indicate he's not nearly as good of a scorer, or as efficient as you some of you think he is. Last season he posted:

PER: 8.4(League average is 15)
TS%: .488%(League average was .542%)
eFG%: .471%(League average was .498%)

yeah, extremely underwhelming stuff right there.

The sad thing is, you could argue Morris is even worse than Goudelock, and i'm still scratching my head as to why he got a 2 year deal on the Lakers of all teams! But just because Morris is still hanging by a thread, that's no reason to keep other scrubs around. My point being, both Morris, AND Goudelock don't deserve to be on this roster. If Goudelock was cut to make room for DJO(who has more upside IMO) then management made the right choice.
Frank Dux

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 am

Frank Dux wrote::man10:

"Mini Mamba" is probably the worst nickname in the league, and I cringe every time I hear someone say it.

Maybe you have a complex
wcsoldier81

Postby KB24 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 am

anything else would have shocked me.

He can score and shoot but he is absolutely useless in about everything else.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:50 am

Wow, moved to NBA discussion. Cold. :man10:
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby 432J on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 am

i don't get this move

i know he'll get little to no playing time anyways but he can score, and he's shown that. i know for sure he'll throw down 35 on the lakers once he signs with another team. guaranteed
432J

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 pm

432J wrote:i don't get this move

What don't you get? He's one of the worst players on the roster and he doesn't have a guaranteed contract. Total no brainer.
Frank Dux

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:28 pm

i know he'll get little to no playing time anyways but he can score, and he's shown that. i know for sure he'll throw down 35 on the lakers once he signs with another team. guaranteed

I get why... $$$ i agree with you, he'll come back and light up Blake if he's still around
D.B. Cooper

Postby Whatthef? on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 pm

I guess nobody wanted Duhon. :bang:
Whatthef?

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Frank Dux wrote:

What don't you get? He's one of the worst players on the roster and he doesn't have a guaranteed contract. Total no brainer.

I have to agree. He can shoot and he has that floater but he is so woefully bad at everything else. And good point about Novak, I believe Steve Kerr shot something like 45% from three. If Goudelock could shoot like that maybe keep him around. But he doesn't, and I don't blame management for not wanting to shell out more money since we have Darius Morris who's guaranteed. If Darius Morris didn't have a guaranteed deal than maybe they'd bite and keep Goudelock around.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby 432J on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Frank Dux wrote:

steve blake says hello :wave:
432J

Postby kray28 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Wow, moved to NBA discussion. Cold. :man10:

That might have been pretty charitable as I think it's a strong possibility that Glock's NBA career is pretty much over.
kray28

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm

432J wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

steve blake says hello :wave:

Duhon and Morris send their regards.
XXIV

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm

I Can See Him Going To The Bobcats He Can Link up with Ramon Sessions!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby ramsay13 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 pm

How much do the lakers owe him?
ramsay13

Postby Phil XI on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:26 pm

None. He got daily pay while in camp (around $1300 per day) but his contract was non-guaranteed so he gets nothing else.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Real GM wrote:Rio Grande Valley’s Andrew Goudelock and Fort Wayne’s Tony Mitchell have been named NBA Development League Co-Performers of the Week for games played March 18 – March 24. This is the second time Mitchell has received Performer of the Week honors this season.

Goudelock (6-3, 200, College of Charleston) led the Vipers to a 3-0 week averaging 26.3 points on 60 percent shooting from the field to go with 5.7 assists and 2.7 rebounds. He scored a season-high 41 points on 16-of-23 shooting on March 24 in a 116-107 win over the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, which helped Rio Grande Valley clinch a playoff berth. In 31 games for Rio Grande Valley this season he is averaging 20.8 points, 5.9 assists 4.3 rebounds and 37.3 minutes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 pm

I'd love to see Glock in MDA's offense. My God he would light it up. Imagine him getting Meeks or MWP's 3 point attempts.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion