Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Stretch 4!

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 pm

He's moving to the bench. Hill's going to start tonight according to:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/192780/jordan-hill-starts-antawn-to-bench-for-la
thisbjgz

Postby Juronimo on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

frankrj wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:He started off the season horribly. He's picked it up the last 5-6 games.

Because he is in D'Antoni's free shooting offense system. Of course he'll look good. Was he with Nash in Dallas?

C'mon Mike B and Phil know defense and that is what will win playoff games. The Lakers barely lost to OKC last year from some bonehead players down the stretch. Mike D system and Jamison getting double figures in reg. season games is no indication of how it will go in post-season. Has it ever been? NO

The veteran's minimum. That is the problem. Signing Artest and Gasol to these max deals so you are unable to get better players off-season. You sign superstars Kobe/Howard to max deals not good/very good players like Artest and Gasol.

Artest got the max?

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 pm

thisbjgz wrote:He's moving to the bench. Hill's going to start tonight according to:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/192780/jordan-hill-starts-antawn-to-bench-for-la

:man3: One bad game and Jamison is back to the bench? I love Hill, but with him out there we lose our stretch 4, and we have 2 guys that aren't great at scoring outside of a few feet. Yes, Hill has a jumpshot from 15 to 20 feet, but I don't love him taking them from there.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Weezy wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:He's moving to the bench. Hill's going to start tonight according to:

:man3: One bad game and Jamison is back to the bench? I love Hill, but with him out there we lose our stretch 4, and we have 2 guys that aren't great at scoring outside of a few feet. Yes, Hill has a jumpshot from 15 to 20 feet, but I don't love him taking them from there.

It's probably to counter Side show Bob's energy and rebounding. Hill is our own version of AV.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Oh that's right, totally forgot about Side Show Bob, he would be offensive boarding like crazy over Jamison.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

9 points may sound good...but when you see that he played 29 mins shot 3-10 from FG and 1-6 from 3 and had 1 rebound it isnt gunna cut it.

He's gotta get out of this slump hes in after having a few good-great games.
Ariza3

Postby frankrj on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 am

Ariza3 wrote:9 points may sound good...but when you see that he played 29 mins shot 3-10 from FG and 1-6 from 3 and had 1 rebound it isnt gunna cut it.

He's gotta get out of this slump hes in after having a few good-great games.

C'mon man. He's had games like a lot and especially in the playoffs with the Cavs. Don't get any hopes up with this guy. I am no expert but many teams would've picked him up before us if he was that good. Wow! Look at his stats the last few years.
frankrj

Postby abeer3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 am

his shanks on those wide open threes just killed the lakers last night. i had the cavs announcing team, and they seemed pretty surprised he was missing those. meanwhile, alonzo gee hit some with hands in his face.
abeer3

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 am

abeer3 wrote:his shanks on those wide open threes just killed the lakers last night. i had the cavs announcing team, and they seemed pretty surprised he was missing those. meanwhile, alonzo gee hit some with hands in his face.

he was on fire, but u cant depend on 3's all the time. every gets off after a while.
LooN3y

Postby Armani on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:40 pm

What's the deal with him? Completely fell off the map.
Armani

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:56 pm

We used 56 pages to discuss a garbage. :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
odom1year

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 pm

He has to knock down shots or he can't be used. Simple as that
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:10 pm

the rest is gonna help ole Antwan...he might have hit a lil wall but i think he'll step it back up
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, he sucked, but he only shot the ball 3 times (2 official shots, 1 resulting in free throws), so it's not like he killed us out there or anything. It happens, he's had some bad stretches, some great stretches, I still like the guy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 pm

To say Jamison has been struggling is an understatement. I don't know if he's a little injured still from rolling that ankle even though after that game (Dallas game) he said he was fine or maybe he's just not in a great rhythm all of a sudden.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby 432J on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 pm

one of the underrated keys to the lakers success is how well antawn performs, and we know from watching him the past 12 years or so, he can score. dan tony simply NEEDS to use him more and jamison's got to step it up and start playing consistently

he's gone under the radar his entire career but we all know what he's capable of
432J

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 pm

He's a great team guy and he's a little off right now. D'Antoni has shown to ride the hot hand and if Jamison isn't hot, he's not going to play. Simple as that.

I expect him to come up big in the future though. He's still a great asset.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 pm

He hasn't been the same since he rolled his ankle.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:35 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:He has to knock down shots or he can't be used. Simple as that

Agree. His defense sucks.
odom1year

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Bench 4!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 am

Antawn Jamison perplexed by reduced role; vows to stay positive

There’s very few thing Antawn Jamison hasn’t seen in his 15-year NBA career.

He played on the Washington Wizards for four seasons, including the 2009-10 campaign when Gilbert Arenas brought firearms to the locker room. Jamison was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers later that season where he witnessed LeBron James’ hasty departure. This year, Jamison experienced the firing of Mike Brown only five games into the Lakers’ season.

In the Lakers’ 101-100 victory Tuesday over the Charlotte Bobcats, Jamison went through one thing for the first time in his career. He didn’t play.

“I’ve never had this,” Jamison said in a quiet moment with this newspaper. “I’m going home and going to pray. I’m doing something I love to do. You just have to find the positives in life. We won.”

Jamison’s demotion coincided with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni overseeing a number of moving parts. Pau Gasol returned to the starting lineup after missing the past eight games because of knee tendinitis. Lakers forward Metta World Peace has assumed the backup power forward spot. It’s possible Jodie Meeks will start at shooting guard, while Kobe Bryant slides over to the small forward position. Meanwhile, Jordan Hill also sat on the bench with Jamison.

“Nothing they did to deserve it,” D’Antoni said. “I’m just trying to figure out the best way to play the team.”

Jamison, who has averaged 7.2 points on 43.9 percent shooting through 25 games, initially had an elevated role under Mike D’Antoni. He started for five games during Pau Gasol’s eight-game absence because of knee tendinitis. Jamison had a career-high 33 points in the Lakers’ 122-103 win Nov. 30 against the Denver Nuggets. He had also posted double digits in five other games.

Those performances became fleeting.

D’Antoni started Hill last week in the Lakers’ loss against Cleveland, hoping his energy would spark the Lakers’ lack of consistent athleticism and defense. But he went scoreless. World Peace then started the next four games, while Devin Ebanks took the starting small forward spot. Jamison has scored a combined 12 points on four of 15 shooting last week during the Lakers’ four-game trip. He also went scoreless in the last two games he played.

“I’m here to win a championship,” Jamison said. “If me not being out there improves our chances, then you have to roll with it. Of course I’m not excited about it. I want to compete. I know if I’m out there, I can contribute. But what else can you do?”

Jamison then answered his own question.

“You just have to stay positive,” Jamison said. “It’s difficult. You never know. Next week, there might be 37 minutes again. You just have to stay positive and have to ride this ship until we find out what are we going to do. Right now, we’re all confused by what’s going on.”

Jamison then suggested the constant rotation changes has only contributed to that confusion.

“In order for us to be successful, we have to establish an identity,” Jamison said. “Of course injuries play a part. But we have to establish a bench. We have to know what we’re going to do with our starters. We have yet to do that. It’s kind of hard to get into a rhythm when you don’t know what’s going on. Your guess is as good as mine.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2012/12/19/antawn-jamison-perplexed-by-reduced-role-vows-to-stay-positive/
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:17 am

I really didn't like that he didn't play at all & Ebanks did, terrible.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Greatest of All Time on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 am

Jamison, who has averaged 7.2 points on 43.9 percent shooting through 25 games, initially had an elevated role under Mike D’Antoni. He started for five games during Pau Gasol’s eight-game absence because of knee tendinitis. Jamison had a career-high 33 points in the Lakers’ 122-103 win Nov. 30 against the Denver Nuggets. He had also posted double digits in five other games.

Dude scored 50 in a duel against Kobe Bryant circa 2001
Greatest of All Time

Postby KB24 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 am

Right now we are going to suffer from the same thing with D'Antoni as killed us with Potatoe Head.

I’m just trying to figure out the best way to play the team.”

thats the entire problem right there and Tawn is right. We don't have an identity as a team, our bench doesn't have an identity, our coach is dumb, etc...players are confused and they get benched for one bad performance. Now they are hesitant, afraid to make mistakes etc...thats just crazy.

How can the Lakers get one inept coach after another?

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby revgen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:13 am

It looks to me like D'Antoni is trying to find role players who can play on both ends of the court. Outside of D12, none of our core players have been consistent on the defensive end.

Jamison isn't fast enough to guard 3's and he's not physical enough to guard 4's, so he's definitely not a 2-way player. Ditto with Hill on the offensive end outside of offensive rebounding.

Ebanks has the capability of playing both ends of the floor, but he's so damn inconsistent. You don't know what you're going to get from him one day or the next.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 am

Jamison's comments are very troubling.....we brought him in there to help the bench and now he's getting DNP's....you HAVE to find a role for him....you cannot play Pau and Dwight 40mpg. I really really hope he finds his way back into the rotation but it just seems like we have another potato head on our hands.... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion