Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Bench 4!

Postby abeer3 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm

tough situation. jamison is by all accounts a good guy, and i'm sure he was promised a role on a winner, else he would have signed for more money for a scrub team like charlotte. it's hard to make an argument he should play over hill or metta right now, but that doesn't make it any easier on him.

the lakers need to handle this carefully--when you're a team that relies on ring-chasing veterans to round out your bench, you can't treat them poorly. these guys talk to each other.
abeer3

Postby Lakers808 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I was complaining even before he got benched that i didn't like his effort while on the floor and it just feels like he brings a losing atmosphere to the lakers (losing teams prior to coming to LA, except for college). And for some reason I think D'antoni spotted this out on tapes. I kinda feel sorry for him right now since he has NO playing time even when he could have played the rubbish minutes vs the blazers.
Lakers808

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm

He could be a valuable contributor if what we needed was a scorer off the bench.. We need to improve on defense & limit mistakes.. Jamison just isn't a better fit for what we need than Pau/Hill/Ron.. I think we'd be wise to see if he wants out & if so, see what he might fetch in trade.. If we can get a young athletic SF that belongs in the NBA, I'd go for it.. He simply isn't going to fit & sitting him is going to hurt us going after ring chasers in the future.
lakersin4

Postby Scnottaken on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

lakersin4 wrote:He could be a valuable contributor if what we needed was a scorer off the bench.. We need to improve on defense & limit mistakes.. Jamison just isn't a better fit for what we need than Pau/Hill/Ron.. I think we'd be wise to see if he wants out & if so, see what he might fetch in trade.. If we can get a young athletic SF that belongs in the NBA, I'd go for it.. He simply isn't going to fit & sitting him is going to hurt us going after ring chasers in the future.

Don't you think resting those people is going to help defense? Don't you think using him to take some of the scoring load off Kobe is going to help? There's going to be more than direct matchups to think about as the year progresses. These minutes are NOT sustainable by any team, much less an aging one.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:He could be a valuable contributor if what we needed was a scorer off the bench.. We need to improve on defense & limit mistakes.. Jamison just isn't a better fit for what we need than Pau/Hill/Ron.. I think we'd be wise to see if he wants out & if so, see what he might fetch in trade.. If we can get a young athletic SF that belongs in the NBA, I'd go for it.. He simply isn't going to fit & sitting him is going to hurt us going after ring chasers in the future.

Don't you think resting those people is going to help defense? Don't you think using him to take some of the scoring load off Kobe is going to help? There's going to be more than direct matchups to think about as the year progresses. These minutes are NOT sustainable by any team, much less an aging one.

I agree we need more rest. Thats why I suggested a backup SF in return, so Ron's minutes are limited & Kobe never has to play the 3. I think Jamison is as bad as anyone on the team at taking plays off, & good defense from him is something you might see a couple plays per game.. No coincidence that he was benched in favor of Hill & Ron when D'antoni started trying to fix our defensive issues. I like Tawn & with a different roster, he could be a key role player for us.. This just isn't the fit for him.
lakersin4

Postby sina on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Skimpily, Lakers has no the luxery to take Jamason's feeling now. It's critical moment for them, as a team, to try to establish themselves n win games
sina

Postby LooN3y on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 pm

free the man
LooN3y

Postby Scnottaken on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:

I agree we need more rest. Thats why I suggested a backup SF in return, so Ron's minutes are limited & Kobe never has to play the 3. I think Jamison is as bad as anyone on the team at taking plays off, & good defense from him is something you might see a couple plays per game.. No coincidence that he was benched in favor of Hill & Ron when D'antoni started trying to fix our defensive issues. I like Tawn & with a different roster, he could be a key role player for us.. This just isn't the fit for him.

Ok, what other player can do as much as Antawn for as little money?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby 432J on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

people thinking morris and ebanks are better than jamison. please stop following basketball
432J

Postby JGC on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 am

I understand why people are making the argument about his defense, but so what? We knew that going in. I didn't recall anyone here suggesting we give Jamison DNP-CD when he got here because of his defense. I didn't see anyone who wasn't absolutely THRILLED we got someone with the offensive power off the bench the caliber of Jamison.

He should be playing, he can contribute on the offensive end and defense needs to be played as a team. If we only played players who defend on a consistent basis, we'd barely be able to field more than a handful of players (Morris, Howard, MWP, Meeks on occasion, Hill).
JGC

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 am

I didn't recall anyone here suggesting we give Jamison DNP-CD when he got here because of his defense. I didn't see anyone who wasn't absolutely THRILLED we got someone with the offensive power off the bench the caliber of Jamison.

Lol guess you never saw my posts then. I wasn't very happy when I heard we were going after the guy, but for the vet min I could deal so long as he became that true stretch 4 we needed. He's never been a great 3 pt shooter but I figured with all the open looks from Dwight and Nash he would be awesome. But he's 24-77 on the year while being 100% assisted on all his makes which isn't very comforting. I don't like Jamison's game and never have. Inefficient chucker with no D at all, but some people really loved him because of the flashy 17 PPG.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby JGC on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
I didn't recall anyone here suggesting we give Jamison DNP-CD when he got here because of his defense. I didn't see anyone who wasn't absolutely THRILLED we got someone with the offensive power off the bench the caliber of Jamison.

Lol guess you never saw my posts then. I wasn't very happy when I heard we were going after the guy, but for the vet min I could deal so long as he became that true stretch 4 we needed. He's never been a great 3 pt shooter but I figured with all the open looks from Dwight and Nash he would be awesome. But he's 24-77 on the year while being 100% assisted on all his makes which isn't very comforting. I don't like Jamison's game and never have. Inefficient chucker with no D at all, but some people really loved him because of the flashy 17 PPG.

Well, how can I forget posts from a guy with Scrotal Sack in his name? Haha. I don't remember all of your posts, but I remember you thinking Jamison was a good get for the vet min, right?

In either case, people keep harping on his defense, but what is the point of that? We knew it sucked going in. The reason we all get excited about Jamison (esp for vet min) is because again, of the offensive firepower potential off the bench. I know he hasn't put up very consistent numbers, but his role has been inconsistent from the start too.
JGC

Postby odom1year on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Does Jamison still get full pay ?
odom1year

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 pm

shouldn't we move this thread to nba discussion?

oh jamison is still on the team? i wouldn't have guessed it.
Pig Miller

Postby KB24 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 am

I think at this point I would rather see Jamison on the floor than Pau...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:24 am

pau struggling horribly on O. D honestly cant get any worse. no energy. hill already in doing very well. lets not play jamison and ride pau to a pathetic game. good job dantoni.

there is enough minutes for Jamison to play. Dwight's back is still healing and could lose a few minutes. Pau should prob only play 30 mins max anyways. Hill can get around 18 im sure regularly without dwight/pau foul trouble. Jamison can find some minutes out there with MWP im sure and maybe cross match on D or just switch whenever they can which should make it easier to defend for jamison.
Ariza3

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 am

For sure there are enough minuted forJamison. Metta needs to be back as a "starter". I'm pretty sure his numbers decreased from when he was starting.
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 am

Start him @ the 3 please! Morris is such a liability on O that his avg D does not make up for that fact.
khmrP

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am

So I guess we couldnt have used any additional scoring on a night where we couldnt make shots, huh D'Antoni?

:disagree:
phoenixrisingla

Postby odom1year on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Heard anything about Jamison from MDA's mouth ?
odom1year

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Granted, we have been doing OK overall in the 6 games he's sat out....think we are 4-2.

But 6 straight games of DNP? Should at least get to run for 8 minutes. Part of what made me have high expectations for this season was Jamison....and now we're not utilizing him? Limiting his minutes is one thing, DNP-CD's are another... :bang:
Chillbongo

Postby 432J on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm

OMG HE PLAYED!

:man4:
432J

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Thank God he got on the court, he did so much while he was out there. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

i have a feeling d'antoni just threw him out there cuz of the recent flood from fans/press about "where's antawn?"
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 pm

i bet jamison regrets signing here.... its like he sacrificed coming here for a championship... hes probably thinking... if we were gonna be losing so much... could of just played in charlotte but at least be closer to home
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion