Antawn Jamison Discussion: Cockroach

Re: Antawn Jamison Discussion: Intro News Conf (pg34)

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:35 pm

majority of his mins better played at the 4 tonight. He's our 6th man and our bench needs to be catered to him imo...he can start on any team so the offense rotation lineup should be centered around him and what makes him most effective offensively for us...aka play him at the 4 NOT 3 :bang:
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

I guess Mike Brown will go with Hill,Sacre and Clark (who has a guaranteed contract) as the backup PF/Cs?

Interesting

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-antawn-jamison-to-primarily-play-small-forward/2012/10/11/

At practice on Thursday, Lakers Nation reporter Serena Winters asked head coach Mike Brown if he saw Jamison as more effective at the three or the four spot.

“Small forward, but he’ll play some four and Jordan’s out so this is a great opportunity to get him a look at the four too.”

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing him at the 3; It's worth a shot...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Yes.. A slow SF in the second unit also, so we have no lineups where Nash gets to push the pace. Way to utilize the best passer in the game Clown.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Way to utilize Jamison's strengths....

He can't guard 3's and 3's can guard him.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby DuddlyDoRight on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Kobe gave Jameson a formal welcome to LA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Dpn2dn ... r_embedded
NO EXCUSES FOR DWIGHT "I WHINE AND MOAN ALL THE TIME" HOWARD
DuddlyDoRight

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Mike Brown is horrible at rotations...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Janis Carr of the Orange County Register wrote:Antawn Jamison kicked the ball out to Steve Nash, but the pass sailed beyond the point guard’s hands and into the back-court. It was one of a handful of minor missteps Jamison figured he would commit in his first start in a Lakers uniform Tuesday.

“I’m getting more comfortable and more comfortable each day I’m out there and competing,” said Jamison, who was starting in place of Pau Gasol. “It’s a process. It’s the preseason, you go through the process.”

Jamison started for Gasol, who was given the night off by Coach Mike Brown. Brown said had no reservations about throwing Jamison into the starting spot. The veteran forward has averaged 5.1 points and 5.0 rebounds in the first three exhibitions.

Jamison said he’s getting more confident with the offense and Brown’s defensive schemes. But until he gets everything “under my belt” he won’t be happy with his play. Although Jamison’s passes might have lacked pinpoint accuracy, his positives outweighed whatever mistakes Jamison made in the Lakers’ game against the Utah Jazz at the Honda Center.

“It’s not really anything difficult for me to adjust to,” said Jamison, who signed with the Lakers for the veteran’s minimum.

Brown said he sees signs that Jamison is fitting in well with the rest of the team.

“Hes a pro, a great guy and very versatile,” Brown said. “He told me at shoot-around today ‘I’m starting to feel more comfortable out on the floor.’

“He’s been in a lot o different situations. He hasn’t played in this offense combined but he’s done some of the things we’re trying to do when I was coaching him in Cleveland. And he’s done some of the new stuff we’re doing when he was with Eddie (Jordan, assistant) in Washington.

“So he’s had a taste with both. A guy like him just keeps keeping along.”

Jamison said although the Lakers have struggled in the preseason, having lost their first three games, the team isn’t pushing any panic buttons.

“This is a veteran team; we know when to turn the light switch on,” he said. “The things we are doing are things we need to improve upon.

“When we get everyone healthy and the rotation down pat, I think our chemistry is going to be there. It’s cool to see what we can do on both ends of the floor. We’re starting to see what things we can improve upon.”

“That comes with any team, any situation. But with this team, we know what the overall picture is. We know what we need to improve upon. Those things are going to work for us. We know the next step.

“First we have to get everybody healthy, but what I like about it, everybody is one the same page.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Oh OK thanks for the article. I feel better now. The Lakers just have to "turn the light switch on". They've been good with that the last couple of years.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Damn that was fast write up from Carr.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 pm

The Rock wrote:I guess Mike Brown will go with Hill,Sacre and Clark (who has a guaranteed contract) as the backup PF/Cs?

Interesting

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-antawn-jamison-to-primarily-play-small-forward/2012/10/11/

At practice on Thursday, Lakers Nation reporter Serena Winters asked head coach Mike Brown if he saw Jamison as more effective at the three or the four spot.

“Small forward, but he’ll play some four and Jordan’s out so this is a great opportunity to get him a look at the four too.”

Brown must have been dropped as a child.
kray28

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm

kray28 wrote:
The Rock wrote:I guess Mike Brown will go with Hill,Sacre and Clark (who has a guaranteed contract) as the backup PF/Cs?

Interesting

Brown must have been dropped as a child.

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm going to give a guy like Jamison time to adjust to the team before saying anything about the signing being a success, but so far he's looked like getting him for the minimum was the right price and that anything more would have been overpaying.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

his bread and butter is the stretch 4. so why is mike brown playing jamison at the 3 when that would give him no advantage over other 3's and also why when we have metta and ebanks?

just gotta surround jamison with a set rotation and also a good PG. not sure who is best out of Blake,Duhon,Morris. but i feel morris/duhon would prob work better with jamison and meeks just bc they can be a little quicker and get some drive and kick outs to jamison for midrange/3's
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Jamison has to play the 4. No question about it. And he'll be fine, I'm sure. I don't expect him to score 17 off the bench, of course, but he'll find his shot as soon as Brown realizes how to use him. Hopefully that will be some time soon.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:31 pm

He played the 4 position in extended minutes yesterday with Pau out but showed nothing. I'm not impressed at all. I really hope it isn't like this during the season.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:He played the 4 position in extended minutes yesterday with Pau out but showed nothing. I'm not impressed at all. I really hope it isn't like this during the season.

Well, he's stated how much he hates the preseason. Hopefully we'll see a different, more aggressive Jamison during the regular season.
XXIV

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 pm

You just won't see much fire from most of the veterans in the preseason. I have accepted the fact that they just don't care. At this point, I am simply hoping that everyone will be healthy for the start of the season.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:49 pm

I wish Jamison would get in position for a dang rebound. He seems to just stand and watch the whole time whenever a shot goes up and bounces off the rim.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Pig Miller

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Pig Miller wrote:nice article on 'tawn if not already posted

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8514767/examining-career-antawn-jamison-unc-nba

Love it

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:18 am

dj vitus wrote:I wish Jamison would get in position for a dang rebound. He seems to just stand and watch the whole time whenever a shot goes up and bounces off the rim.

Eh. He only averaged 5 rebounds last season in something like 33 minutes a game. Here he's averaging 4.3 rebounds in about 26 minutes so far. That's not too bad.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 am

Ras Algethi wrote:He played the 4 position in extended minutes yesterday with Pau out but showed nothing. I'm not impressed at all. I really hope it isn't like this during the season.

Pre-season. The man is over 35 years old do you really expect him to go all out during the Pre-season? C'mon now.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 am

Weezy wrote:I'm going to give a guy like Jamison time to adjust to the team before saying anything about the signing being a success, but so far he's looked like getting him for the minimum was the right price and that anything more would have been overpaying.

You just said you would wait before judging the signing and whether it were success and yet you just said it looks like giving him more than the vets minimum is overpaying. Jesus people it's f****** Pre-season who gives a flying f***? The games mean nothing. No veteran with an mental competence is going to go all out during the Pre-season.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby retro_nights on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:38 am

the whole "deserves" a championship gonna rub people off the wrong way. it did kind of catch me off guard too.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion