Anthony Davis Breaks Hand

Anthony Davis Breaks Hand

Postby Iceberg Slim on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/12/01/anthony-davis-broken-left-hand-no-timetable-for-return/3799751/

Obviously, old news by now. But no one posted it. I just wanted to see some room to talk about what this kid is doing in his 2nd year.

19.6 points
10.6 rebounds
3.9 blocks (1st in the NBA)
28.35 PER (2nd to Lebron in the NBA)

Enough of us saw him at Kentucky. You either hated or you didn't know basketball if you thought he wouldn't be special. Although it's disappointing for him (and us) to sit for 2 months, watch his trajectory when he gets back to form. Some might know this, some might not...but I thought this was interesting. He and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are the only two players in the history of the NBA to be AP National Player of the Year, win the national championship and be the #1 overall pick. I'm a fan of him. Here's to a quick recovery.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Re: Anthony Davis Breaks Hand

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 am

I really like this kids game. I honestly only see him when he plays the Lakers (or occasionally when I stumble across a game of slight interest) but what I have seen I think this kid will be a stud. I'd like to see if he developes into that alpha male that carries a playoff/championship team on his back. From what I have seen I think he has a huge upside. I am sure Pelican fans are wishing a speedy, speedy recovery.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 am

I posted it in the Gameday thread when I heard about it - sad news because he was beasting.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:35 am

If I had to rank him with the other centers of the league.

1.) M. Gasol
2.) Hibbert
3.) Davis
4.) Healthy Bynum
5.) Dwight

He's that good.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 am

Doh... Now they'll tank and load on even more talent to just stunt its growth in some god forsaken hole without any ability or even aspirations to win.

Can you tell I think the CBA is stupid?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 am

I disagree with healthy Bynum being behind anyone, but I think that top 5 for AD is all but undeniable.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:54 am

trodgers wrote:I disagree with healthy Bynum being behind anyone, but I think that top 5 for AD is all but undeniable.

I should have clarified. The healthy Bynum that we are seeing in Cleveland right now. I need to see more of him at his current/best level of health right now to move him up. If we are talking the healthy Bynum in LA, he's for sure number 1 in my book. It still remains to be seen if he can still be that player.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 am

I gotta agree with Doc Brown.

Right now Bynum can't hop high enough to do the lobs and grab those amazing behind the back offensive rebounds he used to do in LA.

In a recent interview after the Chicago game he said that he thinks his bounce is coming back, so we'll see, but I sincerely doubt he'll ever be what he used to be.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 am

this kid has single handedly won me the blocks category all 4 weeks so far...i hope he comes back soon
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:32 pm

I understand - current Bynum might be a long sight from what he was two years ago. I was thinking of "healthy" as in "over these knee issues" - but that might be an impossibility.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby karacha on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think that Bynum is coming back. If he's lucky he will stay relatively healthy and be a very good center in this league, that's all. That old explosiveness... nah.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm a big fan. reminds me of a kg/Duncan hybrid. he can be very, very good if he can stay healthy and keep adding to his game. already a monster and some clear areas in which he can improve (post game on both ends, extend range a bit further) that are actionable. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop (and hopefully poaching him from the pelicans...).
abeer3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:40 am

Already his 3rd/4th injury in his very short NBA career ... not very promising
wcsoldier81

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:34 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Already his 3rd/4th injury in his very short NBA career ... not very promising

I don't think a broken hand is something to be concerned about. If it were his knees or back though...
Frank Dux

Return to NBA Discussion