Anybody else NOT impressed with LeBron James?

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:23 pm

LakersFan2003 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:It's just a nickname anyway. Even if he isn't "King" now, he's got PLENTY of time to prove himself. He's putting up amazing numbers for his age if you consider that.

It may well be a nickname but he still has it tattooed on his body. And the boy couldn't even win his state title last year...

But yes, for an 18 year old he put up good numbers... against the Washington Wizards (and nobody else).

But for any King, any savior of basketball, any $90million shoe contract, still a bust.

But doing well, for a kid of 18 years. Again, I didn't say he was a bust because his performance in not on par with your typical 18 year old ... I said he was a bust because of the contracts he has signed, the label given to him by the media, and the big tattoo (and t-shirts), he wears that proclaim him King.
Allright, now I get where you're coming from.

I agree he doesn't deserve a $90 million shoe contract when Kobe only gets $45 mil.

By doing that they're putting WAY too much pressure on a young kid that's still not even close to being fully developed.

I still think in due time LeBron will perfect his game and make his mark on NBA history.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:27 pm

BDG...

Did I tell you how much I cannot wait for Tuesday?

I find myself thinking about Tuesday every day. Leaving work on Tuesday is going to be so great... I'll bet you're as excited as I am!
LakersFan2003

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:34 pm

For SURE. Seeing 4 Hall of Famers playing seriously together is going to be amazing.

I hope there's a lot of highlights of this historical night, and I'll be putting them up for sure :man12: .
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby mazter_roshi on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:51 am

The best part is Tuesday's season opener is on my b-day. 18 baby :jam2:
mazter_roshi

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:28 pm

Ok here is my take on LeBron.

He will never live up to the hype... No one can or will. However, he is the future of the NBA for sure. Give him 3-4 years and he will be deadly. He has pure potential. The hype is to big to live up to, but that kid has more potential than any other rookie right now.

He's one hell of a player and will continue to grow because he does have good work ethics. So watch out for him guys, he's ONE HELL OF A PLAYER!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SWOL on Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:10 pm

19 POINTS 8 REB THE OTHER NIGHT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby wuSHUMast3r on Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:50 pm

no rookie deserves this much hype... but he has potential.
wuSHUMast3r

Re: Anybody else NOT impressed with LeBron James?

Postby Kobe834 on Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:45 pm

4Rings wrote:There is nothing about him that I haven't seen before. Frankly, he leaves me cold. I noticed his rubber bands say "King James". Um, he can barely shoot a jumper and he wants us to call him King?? Then he had the comquats to say people compare him to Magic. Whoever made that comparison should be shot. :disagree:

:bow: finally, someone who thinks so too. I coulda told ya from the moment he was drafted that a high schoo KID that is only 18 should not be called KING. READ MY ARTICLE

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4048
Kobe834

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion